Network Problems after flashing Lineage OS

Search This thread

darshan1504

May 16, 2017
Hey everyone! I had flashed Lineage 14.1 on my Samsung J210F(https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...ageos-14-1-t3680656/post74433279#post74433279)
And everything was working perfectly until I wanted a file from the stock ROM. I flashed the stock ROM and after my work was done, I flashed Lineage again. Now in the middle of this flashing I lost my network. I tried changing the APN settings and even tried putting it on GSM Only but it's of no use. The network comes and goes abruptly. I even tried going back to the stock ROM but now it's the same over there too. My radio band and everything is as it is. I just can't figure out what's wrong. I have tried reflashing multiple times. There is no problem with the physical hardware or the sim as I have tried it with a different phone too. I haven't touched my efs file either.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!

darshan1504

May 16, 2017
Seriously! Its just crossed its limits! Ive been searching for almost 2 weeks now and I just cant find a fix. Theres no modem.bin file in my stock ROM update too. Ive updated baseband, tried flashing the efs folder but just nothing seems to be working. I need urgent help

sushiboba

Mar 20, 2019
Seriously! Its just crossed its limits! Ive been searching for almost 2 weeks now and I just cant find a fix. Theres no modem.bin file in my stock ROM update too. Ive updated baseband, tried flashing the efs folder but just nothing seems to be working. I need urgent help

Did you ever figure it out? piece of crap Lineage!! I'm having the same phenomenon where the mobile connection is LOST now completely.. what the hell kind of BUG is this... it used to work fine before...

darshan1504

May 16, 2017
Did you ever figure it out? piece of crap Lineage!! I'm having the same phenomenon where the mobile connection is LOST now completely.. what the hell kind of BUG is this... it used to work fine before...

I ended up taking it to the service centre where they replaced the entire motherboard. Still don't know what caused it but replacing the motherboard fixed the issue.

tsunamigamer

Jul 3, 2019
Probable fix for Network Issues

:fingers-crossed: I've been lurking around other XDA forums and threads and found a thread concerned about network problems on Moto G5 Plus after flashing Custom ROMs. It suggested flashing Pixel Experience, fast booting and then deleting "modemst1" and "modemst2" and then rebooting.
I decided to ignore the flashing part and just went ahead into fastboot and deleted the two files using "fastboot erase modemst1" and "fast boot erase modemst2". This was a reckless move, though somehow it actually worked and I'm now getting proper speeds on my phone.
As I said before, this is reckless and do it only if you are willing to risk it.:fingers-crossed:

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone