Never seen a problem LIKE THAT ...

Search This thread

c0rp1

Nov 18, 2009
I`m having an awful problem with my HD2.
When using the GSM Band the phone drops almost all of the calls when I cover the proximity sensor. I have tried all ROMs till now but that didn`t help. Also made several hard resets ...
So after a hard reset the Network Band is set always to AUTO. At AUTO when the phone switches from 3G to GSM it automatically ends the call. That`s why I tried using just 3G. When using 3G I don`t get drop calls. But when I tried the GSM option I get it all the time. I have 3 or 4 signal lines, but it still drops the calls.
When I don`t cover the proximity sensor and leave the phone on the table the call doesn`t drop at all - it works perfect in GSM or 3G. That`s strangest part of the problem. How come the proximity sensor has anything to do with the Band of the phone ???
I don`t know exactly what to do .. don`t want to get the phone to repair center because it will take a lot of time to be returned.
Someone had a same issue? Or if someone knows a way to fix this ?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCED !!!

Last edited:

smuppy

Feb 4, 2009
Have you tried a hardreset? The proximitysensor shouldnt interfere with the radio and definately not drop calls... Have you tweaked your device using an app (ie BsB or similar)?

thomas_pieps

Mar 13, 2006
Ghent
www.anvarit.com
have you tried a new radio?
Device works like this Hardware<->radio<->rom
So the radio communicates with the hardware and the rom with the radio.
So the radio commands all the hardware functions, not only the "radio" components.

So with a new radio you can have a better way off communication with the hardware and with the rom

amang2205

Dec 1, 2008
I've just tested, and this doesn't happen to me.

However, there is an update for the radio available (actually, it's that SIM Contacts update). Did you apply it? For I didn't do that yet.
And in case you have, it would be interesting to know if others who have applied the update are facing similar problems...

Last edited:

Noony

Apr 6, 2006
Hertfordshire
Are you sure that you're not holding the phone at the bottom/back when you test the proximity sensor, I've noticed that touching this area of the phone (where the antenna is located) can have a massive difference to signal strength and in weak areas it can make you drop the call everytime.

c0rp1

Nov 18, 2009
WoW ...
Thank you for so many replies.
1st. SMUPPY - I`ve tried all official ROM`s + several cooked ROM`s + 1.61. I also tried without any applications installed, just after I make a hardreset (have made over 50 at least :( ). Same situation.
2nd. thomas_pieps - Now I`ll try installing ALL different radio ROM`s out there and see if anything helps. Thanks !
3rd. amang2205 - I don`t know about that SIM Contacts update ... will try and post results !
4th. Noony - I never had problems with the reception of signal at all. It happens when the signal is strong enough to drop calls. I tested it with the phone on the table, so without holding it. Immediately after covering the proximity sensor with my hand the call is dropped. So that`s not the issue here!
Thanks all again for all replies. Hope I can fix something !

c0rp1

Nov 18, 2009
UPDATE !!!!
Tried installing the hotfix and tried all different radio ROM`s out there.
SAME RESULT .... the problem still exists.
It was an obvious result because as I said previously, that happened also when using the first 1.43 ROM without installing any radio ROM`s or any other 3rd party software. Also after hard reset the result was the same. So I don`t think it`s the radio.
Just can`t figure it out. How come the proximity sensor has anything to do with the network BAND I select ?
How can that be connected ? I would make a video showing exactly where the problem is ....

c0rp1

Nov 18, 2009
I have another (I assume) hardware issue, because I can`t turn my phone completely off. After selecting TURN OFF it just restarts, or whenever I pull out the battery and place it again the phone starts alone, without me having to press the power button.
Maybe it has something to do with the other problem ... I don`t really know.
The only solution is to go to the store I bought it from .... MAYBE it`s just that! :(:(:(

H2D2

Nov 11, 2009
yep, it sounds like your phone definitely has a case of the crazies. flash back to original spl + stock rom and get a replacement.

ccristal

Sep 28, 2009
Are you sure that you're not holding the phone at the bottom/back when you test the proximity sensor, I've noticed that touching this area of the phone (where the antenna is located) can have a massive difference to signal strength and in weak areas it can make you drop the call everytime.

That is *very* true. Question is: how the h*ll am I supposed to hold the phone, if covering the back with my hand causes the signal to drop?

smuppy

Feb 4, 2009
This is sounding more and more like a hardware fault. The PS should not have any impact on the call connection.

You need to speak to customer support from where you bought it, and ask for a replacement. If you do this, make sure you flash the original ROM back to it :)

Agree wth above, hardware fault.
ps. let us know how things progress! :)

c0rp1

Nov 18, 2009
Finaly I went a sent my phone to repair... will update when it arrives back ... hopefully I will have a brand new phone !!!

Voffchik

Apr 26, 2009
Tel-Aviv
I have another (I assume) hardware issue, because I can`t turn my phone completely off. After selecting TURN OFF it just restarts, or whenever I pull out the battery and place it again the phone starts alone, without me having to press the power button.
Maybe it has something to do with the other problem ... I don`t really know.
The only solution is to go to the store I bought it from .... MAYBE it`s just that! :(:(:(

I'm not an expert or anything
but it looks like you have a problem with the OFF Button. As this button responcible for turning the phone on/off and ending the calls as well..
so maybe there is an electrical problem with the phone and it glitches..

any way
good luck :)

c0rp1

Nov 18, 2009
I'm not an expert or anything
but it looks like you have a problem with the OFF Button. As this button responcible for turning the phone on/off and ending the calls as well..
so maybe there is an electrical problem with the phone and it glitches..

any way
good luck :)

Thought of that too. Maybe it`s something like that. I remember the first time I realized there is a problem ... the OFF button stopped working at all after doing something with the phone (don`t remember what, but it wasn`t anything unusual). It wasn`t functioning for couple of hours and then it started working again. After that happened I started finding problems. So maybe you`re right. Maybe it`s the electricity or something. If there is an expert with hardware around here, maybe he can tell the actual reason for why this is happening.
Strange that it has connection with the network band and with the proximity sensor. If someone had explained a problem like that to me, I would not believe that it`s true. It sounds so strange ...