[NEW][ALL][PORT][4.0+] PS4 Remote Play for Android

How would you like to be able to Install this Mod?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

SimoGh

Apr 7, 2015
any idea why it does not work with AMIDUOS? It simply say RemotePlay has stopped.

amiduos is an android on top of windows. its free for a month

I have just tried and got an error. After looking at the log, it seems that the RemotePlay application performs a check to get bluetooth state, and since AMIDUOS doesn't support direct access to bluetooth from applications, an error is returned and the application crashes. Maybe there is a possibility to prevent Remote Play from making this check.

Reactions: orangpelupa

DONNY TRUMP

Oct 27, 2010
Your moms house?
Controller mapping is all over the place, but in version 0.7.4, the controller mapping was correct via OTG cable. I have an unrooted Note 4 (impossible to root as of right now), so I am unable to use the Sixaxis controller app. Is there any other way around this via an update to the app with correct mapping?

Thanks!

Lol wait what??!! Impossible to root the note 4??? How am I currently writing this on a rooted note 4 since day 1? Just curious where you get your info from.

eXplicit815

Jan 10, 2008
Apopka, FL
Maybe it's been mentioned before, but I can't find it. I had 0.7.4 installed previously, and I used to be able to use my Remote Play at home using my Dualshock 4 while it was still connected to my PS4 and use my HTC One as a monitor. Since I updated to 1.0.1, every time I connect, my Dualshock 4 turns off, and when I try and turn it back on, my phone disconnects from the Remote Play session. Any suggestions?

Reactions: CrossBones3129

CrossBones3129

Mar 25, 2014
Are we supposed to designate 1 controller for remote play? When I paired the controller to my phone and played. I stopped the sixaxis app and then when I tried to use that same DS4 on my PS4 it wouldnt work until I plugged my controller in to my ps4 by usb cable and that resets the Bluetooth adress. The way it is now I have to pair the controller to my phone everytime I want to use it. Not just 1 time

Michael4079

Apr 8, 2015
Hey can I get some help trying to install this on my Galaxy s5? I'm new to this, I tried downloading the link and received a describe error. Also my s5 is on version 4.4.2

rlockwich

Mar 2, 2011
So I have a Note 4 with no root. Six axis app requires root right? So I would NOT be able to pair a controller because that app needs root access?

Also, the installer worked fine, but the remoteplayport apk saying that the parsing is not correct and won't install. Any help here would be great. Would love to play my ps4 remotely!!!!

Otherwise, the actual remote play app is installed and running fine. I can connect to my PS4 and see my ps4 screen. Just can't do anything. :(

PJay_PL

Apr 8, 2015
OnePlus One - unable to install

Am I the only one being not able to install the app? the install button is inactive upon an attempt to install :( really weird... I have an unrooted OnePlus One.

Last edited:
D

Darth

So, this thread is getting to be dramaville. Can we keep personal disputes to pm land... Or better yet, just drop it. The past is the past.

If we need to continually clean the thread...... There will be repercussions.

So enough is enough. Deal?

Thanks,

Darth
Forum Moderator

Lilryke

Oct 25, 2010
I don't have any on-screen buttons to login to PS4

Hey, I have a note 4 not rooted and trying to log into the ps4 through the app but I don't get any buttons to appear to grant me access like the old versions did, before the whole new PS4 update and newer updates to the remote play APK, any help guys? Thanks in advance

P.S.
No, I didn't download the invisible buttons version.
Also, I've logged into the PS4 through normal methods (My Dualshock & TV) and then used the Remote Play App and the controls appeared as normal and all worked accordingly, just nothing appears to allow me to initially login (For example, when I'm not home and want to access my PS4 from elsewhere)

Last edited:

TheScriptKitty

Dec 11, 2013
Mexico City
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hey, I have a note 4 not rooted and trying to log into the ps4 through the app but I don't get any buttons to appear to grant me access like the old versions did, before the whole new PS4 update and newer updates to the remote play APK, any help guys? Thanks in advance

P.S.
No, I didn't download the invisible buttons version.
Also, I've logged into the PS4 through normal methods (My Dualshock & TV) and then used the Remote Play App and the controls appeared as normal and all worked accordingly, just nothing appears to allow me to initially login (For example, when I'm not home and want to access my PS4 from elsewhere)

If you are logged in to the PlayStation App I think it automatically logs you in to the Remote Play App. If you want to login manually click the 3 dots on the top right corner then click on settings it should be the first thing you see "Sign in"

eXplicit815

Jan 10, 2008
Apopka, FL
Maybe it's been mentioned before, but I can't find it. I had 0.7.4 installed previously, and I used to be able to use my Remote Play at home using my Dualshock 4 while it was still connected to my PS4 and use my HTC One as a monitor. Since I updated to 1.0.1, every time I connect, my Dualshock 4 turns off, and when I try and turn it back on, my phone disconnects from the Remote Play session. Any suggestions?

Anyone able to shed some light on this? I'd be extremely grateful.

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Free mobile app

Lilryke

Oct 25, 2010
If you are logged in to the PlayStation App I think it automatically logs you in to the Remote Play App. If you want to login manually click the 3 dots on the top right corner then click on settings it should be the first thing you see "Sign in"

No, not login as in my PSN but to my PS4 it had a 4 digit pin code to get into my user, I used to be able to type in the pin, but the app is not giving me any keyboard options to do so anymore

Last edited:

Fresh2def

Nov 13, 2014
Update 1.0.1

Had apk 1.0 and was working flawlessly I made the mistake of upgrading to 1.0.1 and can't get to my ds4 to be Mapped correctly I've used sixaxis app with no luck I can't even get my ds4 to connect via Bluetooth on the sixaxis app eve though I've paired it with the app and with the six axis pair tool help please @sir_earl @TheScriptKitty

TheScriptKitty

Dec 11, 2013
Mexico City
Xiaomi Poco F3
Had apk 1.0 and was working flawlessly I made the mistake of upgrading to 1.0.1 and can't get to my ds4 to be Mapped correctly I've used sixaxis app with no luck I can't even get my ds4 to connect via Bluetooth on the sixaxis app eve though I've paired it with the app and with the six axis pair tool help please @sir_earl @TheScriptKitty

I'm working on an update ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Edit : Thread closed.
    Xperia Devices

All Xperia Phones with android 4.0+ should be able to use Version 0.9.1

Downloads are available in Post #1
    Compatibility List

If you Got it Working on your Device please Post:
    • Device Name
    • Model Number
    • Android Version (4.4.2 4.4.4 5.0 and AOSP CyanogenMod Stock ect.)

Also if you can, please make a Thread Under: "Your Device" > "Your Device" Themes and Apps, linking back to this Thread

Compatibility List:

Google-------------------------------------------------------------
    • Nexus 4 (E960)
      • 4.4.4 AOSP
      • 5.0.0 AOSP
    • Nexus 5 LG (D820)
      • 4.4.4 AOSP/Catacylsm
      • 5.0.0 AOSP
      • 5.0.1 AOSP
    • Nexus 7 2012 (ME370T)
      • 4.4.4 AOSP
    • Nexus 7 2013 Asus (K008)
      • 4.4.3 AOSP
      • 4.4.4 AOSP/Carbon
      • 5.0.0 AOSP
      • 5.0.1 AOSP
    • Nexus 9
      • 5.0.0 AOSP
      • 5.0.1 AOSP
    • Nexus 10
      • Paranoid Android
      • 5.0.0 AOSP

HTC-----------------------------------------------------------------
    • One M7 (PN072)
      • 4.4.2 Stock
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod
    • One M8 (O6BP)
      • 4.4.4 GPE Converted
      • 5.0.0 GPE Converted
    • One M8 (6525LVW)
      • 5.0.0 Vanillipop

LG-------------------------------------------------------------------
    • G Flex
    • G2 (D802)
      • 4.4.2 Cloudy G3
    • G3 (F400K)
      • 4.4.2 Stock
    • G3 (VS985)
      • 4.4.2 Stock
    • G3 (D855)
      • Stock
    • G3 (D851)
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod
    • GPad 8.3 (V510)
      • 4.4.4 AOSP
    • LG Optimus F6 (MS500)
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod

Motorola-----------------------------------------------------------
    • Moto X 2013
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod

Nvidia---------------------------------------------------------------
    • Tegra Note 7 ()
      • 4.4.2 Stock

OnePlus-----------------------------------------------------------
    • One
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod S

Samsung----------------------------------------------------------
    • Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8010)
      • 4.4.2 Stock
    • Galaxy Note 2 (SGH-I317M)
      • 4.4.4 InspireOS
    • Galaxy Note 2 (N7100)
      • 4.4.2 Phantom
    • Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900T/V)
      • 4.4.2 ViSiON-X/Alliance
    • Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005)
      • 4.4.2 multiXrom
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod
    • Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910F)
      • 4.4.4 Stock
    • Galaxy Note 4 (N910W8)
      • 4.4.4 Stock
    • Galaxy Mega 6.3 (I9205)
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod
    • Galaxy S2
      • Ciano 11
    • Galaxy S3 (SPH-L710)
      • 4.4.2 Stock
    • Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747)
      • 4.4 Stock
    • Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-i8190)
      • 4.4.4 Carbon
    • Galaxy S4 (i337M)
      • 4.4.4 Echoe/Mahdi
    • Galaxy S4 Active (GT-i9295)
      • 4.4.2 Stock
    • Galaxy S5 (SM-G900T)
      • 4.4.2 Stock
      • 4.4.4 MOAR
    • Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 ()
      • 4.4.2 Stock
    • Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod
    • Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE (T-705)
      • 4.4.2 Stock
    • Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    • Galaxy Tab 10.1 (P7510)
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod/Nameless/OmniRom
    • Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3110)
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod
    • Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5100)
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod
    • Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (SM-T210)
      • 4.4.2 NoleKat
    • Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 (GT-P5210)
      • 4.4.2 Stock
    • Mega 6.3 (SGH-M819N)
      • 4.4.4 Liquid Smooth

Sony----------------------------------------------------------------
    • Xperia M (C1905)
      • 4.4.4 AOKP/AOSP/CyanogenMod/Miui
    • Xperia Tablet Z (SGP311)
      • 4.4.4 Stock
    • Xperia Z
      • 4.4.4 Existenz
    • Xperia Z Ultra
      • 4.4.4 Stock
    • Xperia Z1 Compact (D5503)
      • 4.4.4 Stock
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod

ZTE------------------------------------------------------------------
    • Nubia Z7 Mini
      • 4.4.2 Stock
    RemotePlayPortV1.1.0 Now Available!

Most button mapping issues should now be fixed.
    I believe I have managed to remove all of the security checks now but I'd like a few people to test before doing a proper release. Unless you know what you're doing please don't use this, I don't want any useless 'unable to install' responses. There is a small caveat to this release in that google maps needs to be installed, I won't explain here in full but essentially this is due to a temp hack to remove original dependencies so don't bother trying on a TV that doesn't have maps as it won't work.

In summary:
    Requirements
    - Android 4.4+
    - Google maps

Features
    - Removed root check and xperia dependencies

Download here