[NEW][ALL][PORT][4.0+] PS4 Remote Play for Android

How would you like to be able to Install this Mod?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

martytarty

Jun 29, 2012
After you move it to system/app reboot it installs that. Once reboot tho and everytime rebootyouvhave to reinstall go to where u saved it when downloading and reinstall i had to make a copy in sdcard instead of just moving the file to sysem app make it a copy change perms ... i used root browser

Thanks man, I've got that all sorted now plus I used titanium backup to convert the app to a user app, so after every reboot the app just works, no more installing the same file after each reboot, plus I've backed up the app through TB, I tested it earlier, I uninstalled remote play app, then reinstalled through the TB backup, all was working fine. Hopefully I won't have to mess about too much in future.

Reactions: Jensiehh

DrROBschiz

Sep 21, 2011
See everytime i just put it in pairing mode and everytime it pairs to my phone either through blue tooth menu or after unpairing through the remote play app i have to reconnect to ps4 through cord and ps n share button

I am no where near my PS4 and attempted to pair my controller

No luck so far. It just spins and spins........ Anyone have success pairing yet?

It shows the controller as a Wireless Controller in the Android Bluetooth menu. I wonder if this will work on an emulator with this function (EDIT: Nope! Clearly there is something about the DS4 preventing it from running on android.... Whats special about the Xperia Z3?)

Last edited:

siqbudz

Oct 25, 2012
las vegas
I am no where near my PS4 and attempted to pair my controller

No luck so far. It just spins and spins........ Anyone have success pairing yet?

It shows the controller as a Wireless Controller in the Android Bluetooth menu. I wonder if this will work on an emulator with this function
When paired to android letsvyou move around screen and can use in some Games and emulators but not all...
For the dualshock in remote playvi think we are missing a data file or something like that for the dualshock manager. Which data was not in my system dump so I couldnt see if that is whats missing but I think . If we could get it to actually install cause even after i put it in system/priv-app and reboot it doesnt install

DrROBschiz

Sep 21, 2011
When paired to android letsvyou move around screen and can use in some Games and emulators but not all...
For the dualshock in remote playvi think we are missing a data file or something like that for the dualshock manager. Which data was not in my system dump so I couldnt see if that is whats missing but I think . If we could get it to actually install cause even after i put it in system/priv-app and reboot it doesnt install

Howd you get it to function as just and android controller?

I couldnt even get it that far even though It says its paired. It doesn't seem to output and button presses

optikshell

Nov 5, 2014
I'm coming in blind here, as I've only been lurking to keep an eye on the progress of the remote play port. I've been seeing the back and forth about the DS4 pairing, and thought I'd share something that might be relevant.

Other devices (such as the Xim4, CronusMax, and the GimX project) sit "between" the DS4 and the PS4, and usually require a wired connection because the DS4 periodically pings the PS4 with some sort of authentication. I think the CronusMax and GimX can do the authentication over Bluetooth, but I'm not certain... I've only used the CronusMax & DS4 in a wired configuration.

Xim4 (a little less specific about why, but requires the controller to be plugged in):
XIM4 requires your console's Controller to work: XIM4 needs your console controller plugged into it at all times in its rear USB port (#3) to function.
"xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=32933.0"​

CronusMax:
*The PS4 regularly requests authentication (every 30 seconds), for this reason a controller capable of replying to those requests is required to be connected to the CronusMAX device full time.
"controllermax.com/manual/connecting_on_playstation_4.htm"​

GimX:
The PS4 only takes inputs from licensed controller.
In order to authenticate itself as a licensed controller, GIMX needs to be connected over bluetooth to a real DS4 all the time.
"gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=PS4#Hardware_requirements"​

At any rate, sorry if this has already been discussed. I just thought I'd mention it in case it would be helpful or give someone an idea.

Reactions: stetsonaw

ruffnutts

Jan 8, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09JcS6SactA

This guy did it with the Shield Tablet and a touchscreen mapper. Totally doable and there are tons of apps that do this.

The main issue is that the onscreen controls stay on the screen and flash for the inputs. Very annoying and distracting.

I've done this on my shield portable it works fantastic to be honest just needs that on screen controls to stay hidden :D I prefer it to using my Vita because tou have real L2 and R2 triggers:good:

DrROBschiz

Sep 21, 2011
I've done this on my shield portable it works fantastic to be honest just needs that on screen controls to stay hidden :D I prefer it to using my Vita because tou have real L2 and R2 triggers:good:

In anyone working on hiding the onscreen controls?

Could be a stop gap solution until DS4 pairing is figured out

Also does the Remote Play app only register the Controller wirelessly or will it see it if its wired as well? Seems like quite the oversight on Sony's part

AgentWD40

Feb 5, 2009
Confirmed working on HTC One M7 (Sprint)

Finally got remote play working using the flashable zip in OP. I was following the other thread since the beginning and could not get it to work. After flashing, I had to remove SuperSU. I was unable to use any of the uninstall options in SuperSU and ended up deleting the SuperUser.apk from my /system/app folder. This solved the 800...error.

Nov 3, 2013
I have tested it on art on both KK and Lollipop prerelease and it seems to work fine.I cant guarantee it to work on final release for Nexus devices though. Also can someone help me! Everything is 100% working but the thing is every time I reboot my device the Remote Play app starts to crash again and I have to install the apk again to get it working. Does someone have a workaround or have I missed something? Device: Nexus 5 with CyanogenMod 11 (KK 4.4.4)
Its just a pain in the ass to have to install the app again on every reboot.
Go in Play Store and search for the Remote Play app there, it should appear. Click uninstall in the Play Store, delete the APK in your system/apps folder, then go to the Play Store and reinstall the Remote Play app (it should let you download it from the Play Store.) This should stop the need to reinstall the apk after every reboot. This has been posted before in the last thread.

DrROBschiz

Sep 21, 2011
Confirmed working on my Galaxy S3 (On Paranoid rom) with the Instructions in the OP

Thanks a million!

martytarty

Jun 29, 2012
Ok not sure what Im doing wrong here, got all connected up to remote play on my galaxy note 4, yet everything appears to be in portrait mode and it wont rotate into landscape so I get fullscreen

nosferatu_vos

Feb 1, 2010
Dualshock3/dualshock4 app crashes

Remote play works!!!! Thanks alot.
But when i want to register DS4 the app crashes.

Anyone knows why this happens???

stetsonaw

May 23, 2011
United States
www.twitter.com
In anyone working on hiding the onscreen controls?

Could be a stop gap solution until DS4 pairing is figured out

Also does the Remote Play app only register the Controller wirelessly or will it see it if its wired as well? Seems like quite the oversight on Sony's part
The way I got them to stay gone is to use the alternate account workaround. Plenty of walkthroughs in the old thread, if it isn't in the OP.

gohamstergo

Mar 6, 2010
So, when I disable SuperSU, are all root requests auto-accepted, or auto-denied? Have tasker commands that need root constantly, rootcloak isnt working, so cant disable su if root will be denied :|

FancyJesse

Dec 15, 2013
Los Angeles
Something makes me think that maybe my ROM is causing the 880 error.
I uninstalled SuperSU through the settings (and rebooted).
Installed rootcloak Xposed and added Remote Play and the PSN app
Tried the manual Remote Play thing numerous times.
Tried renaming the files as suggested by someone earlier.
Tried flashing it with the zip file (thanks btw)
Nothing seems to work

Using SPH-L710 SlimKat ROM 4.4.4

Could it be possible that superSu is built into the ROM and can't be uninstalled or something?

Thanks.

martytarty

Jun 29, 2012
Ok I fixed the screen rotation issue, turns out rotation on my phone completly broke and I have no Idea why, some suggestions in another thread said its because samsung hub got deleted, anyway I downloaded a .so file and placed it in system/lib, rebooted and now working again...very strange.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Nothing seems to work

Could it be possible that superSu is built into the ROM and can't be uninstalled or something?

Thanks.

Have you attemped without xposed?

The other day when it wasnt working for me but have since uninstalled xposed framework, tried the manual method again and it worked, also might be worth trying es file explorer to do the permissions?

Worth a shot

Last edited:

nosferatu_vos

Feb 1, 2010
As its stated in OP, DualShock 4 isn't working. Please read before posting.

did read the OP. And know the DS4 doesnt work, but don't think the dualshockmanager.apk souls crash when you click om register within the remote play app. ��

Last edited:

AgentWD40

Feb 5, 2009
Nothing seems to work

Thanks.

Does SuperSU still show in your app drawer?

I had the same issue until I removed the SuperUser.apk from /system/app/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Edit : Thread closed.
    Xperia Devices

All Xperia Phones with android 4.0+ should be able to use Version 0.9.1

Downloads are available in Post #1
    Compatibility List

If you Got it Working on your Device please Post:
    • Device Name
    • Model Number
    • Android Version (4.4.2 4.4.4 5.0 and AOSP CyanogenMod Stock ect.)

Also if you can, please make a Thread Under: "Your Device" > "Your Device" Themes and Apps, linking back to this Thread

Compatibility List:

Google-------------------------------------------------------------
    • Nexus 4 (E960)
      • 4.4.4 AOSP
      • 5.0.0 AOSP
    • Nexus 5 LG (D820)
      • 4.4.4 AOSP/Catacylsm
      • 5.0.0 AOSP
      • 5.0.1 AOSP
    • Nexus 7 2012 (ME370T)
      • 4.4.4 AOSP
    • Nexus 7 2013 Asus (K008)
      • 4.4.3 AOSP
      • 4.4.4 AOSP/Carbon
      • 5.0.0 AOSP
      • 5.0.1 AOSP
    • Nexus 9
      • 5.0.0 AOSP
      • 5.0.1 AOSP
    • Nexus 10
      • Paranoid Android
      • 5.0.0 AOSP

HTC-----------------------------------------------------------------
    • One M7 (PN072)
      • 4.4.2 Stock
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod
    • One M8 (O6BP)
      • 4.4.4 GPE Converted
      • 5.0.0 GPE Converted
    • One M8 (6525LVW)
      • 5.0.0 Vanillipop

LG-------------------------------------------------------------------
    • G Flex
    • G2 (D802)
      • 4.4.2 Cloudy G3
    • G3 (F400K)
      • 4.4.2 Stock
    • G3 (VS985)
      • 4.4.2 Stock
    • G3 (D855)
      • Stock
    • G3 (D851)
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod
    • GPad 8.3 (V510)
      • 4.4.4 AOSP
    • LG Optimus F6 (MS500)
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod

Motorola-----------------------------------------------------------
    • Moto X 2013
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod

Nvidia---------------------------------------------------------------
    • Tegra Note 7 ()
      • 4.4.2 Stock

OnePlus-----------------------------------------------------------
    • One
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod S

Samsung----------------------------------------------------------
    • Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8010)
      • 4.4.2 Stock
    • Galaxy Note 2 (SGH-I317M)
      • 4.4.4 InspireOS
    • Galaxy Note 2 (N7100)
      • 4.4.2 Phantom
    • Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900T/V)
      • 4.4.2 ViSiON-X/Alliance
    • Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005)
      • 4.4.2 multiXrom
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod
    • Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910F)
      • 4.4.4 Stock
    • Galaxy Note 4 (N910W8)
      • 4.4.4 Stock
    • Galaxy Mega 6.3 (I9205)
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod
    • Galaxy S2
      • Ciano 11
    • Galaxy S3 (SPH-L710)
      • 4.4.2 Stock
    • Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747)
      • 4.4 Stock
    • Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-i8190)
      • 4.4.4 Carbon
    • Galaxy S4 (i337M)
      • 4.4.4 Echoe/Mahdi
    • Galaxy S4 Active (GT-i9295)
      • 4.4.2 Stock
    • Galaxy S5 (SM-G900T)
      • 4.4.2 Stock
      • 4.4.4 MOAR
    • Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 ()
      • 4.4.2 Stock
    • Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod
    • Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE (T-705)
      • 4.4.2 Stock
    • Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    • Galaxy Tab 10.1 (P7510)
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod/Nameless/OmniRom
    • Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3110)
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod
    • Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5100)
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod
    • Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (SM-T210)
      • 4.4.2 NoleKat
    • Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 (GT-P5210)
      • 4.4.2 Stock
    • Mega 6.3 (SGH-M819N)
      • 4.4.4 Liquid Smooth

Sony----------------------------------------------------------------
    • Xperia M (C1905)
      • 4.4.4 AOKP/AOSP/CyanogenMod/Miui
    • Xperia Tablet Z (SGP311)
      • 4.4.4 Stock
    • Xperia Z
      • 4.4.4 Existenz
    • Xperia Z Ultra
      • 4.4.4 Stock
    • Xperia Z1 Compact (D5503)
      • 4.4.4 Stock
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod

ZTE------------------------------------------------------------------
    • Nubia Z7 Mini
      • 4.4.2 Stock
    RemotePlayPortV1.1.0 Now Available!

Most button mapping issues should now be fixed.
    I believe I have managed to remove all of the security checks now but I'd like a few people to test before doing a proper release. Unless you know what you're doing please don't use this, I don't want any useless 'unable to install' responses. There is a small caveat to this release in that google maps needs to be installed, I won't explain here in full but essentially this is due to a temp hack to remove original dependencies so don't bother trying on a TV that doesn't have maps as it won't work.

In summary:
    Requirements
    - Android 4.4+
    - Google maps

Features
    - Removed root check and xperia dependencies

Download here