• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

New (amazing) dreamcast emulator - Reicast

Search This thread

f3tf

Jul 22, 2011
Holy ****, you guys. HOLY ****.

www.reicast.com

I'm getting perfect sound and video with minor frameskipping out of sonic adventure, and this is pre alpha. No support for physical controls yet, although you could map to the screen - this is seriously, seriously crazy impressive.

I have a feeling we'll be playing shenmue 2 on-the-go in 2014.

iamnotkurtcobain

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
Holy ****, you guys. HOLY ****.

www.reicast.com

I'm getting perfect sound and video with minor frameskipping out of sonic adventure, and this is pre alpha. No support for physical controls yet, although you could map to the screen - this is seriously, seriously crazy impressive.

I have a feeling we'll be playing shenmue 2 on-the-go in 2014.

I think we play Shenmue 2 on phones 2013...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

Emile01

Oct 20, 2013
Where does the bios go? I can't find the location that it says on the app page

If you don't have the folders they ask for (DC and DATA) you have to create them manually from the root. Then you have to put dc_flash.bin and
dc_boot.bin in DATA (you may have to rename them depending from where you get them)

Pretty cool though I'm trying Sonic Adventure!

Reactions: IamPro

sproyd

Sep 26, 2012
If you don't have the folders they ask for (DC and DATA) you have to create them manually from the root. Then you have to put dc_flash.bin and
dc_boot.bin in DATA (you may have to rename them depending from where you get them)

Pretty cool though I'm trying Sonic Adventure!

Wow Crazy Taxi 2 and MvC2 both work absolutely fluidly, crystal clear graphics and full speed smooth sound with no pops and cracks... amazing!!

There are a few graphical glitches but only mninor

STEAKTASTIC

Dec 27, 2013
Hands down agree with the op, amazing! Just wondered if anyone has managed to get phantasy star online ver 2 online mode working? I might be expecting too much but I used to have it on PC and linked to a private server (schtack). Got it working like a minter offline though along with soul reaver and soul caliber

hooby3dfx

Jan 4, 2014
Anyone able to compile a build from latest sources?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505G mit Tapatalk

I am going to try and build it later tonight if I get a chance. Hopefully someone else beats me to it :).

I will post an issue on their project github to make a buildbot.

Please try and keep game compatibility posts in this thread as it has a maintainer: forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2579482

hooby3dfx

Jan 4, 2014
Builds here!

Get ya builds here!

Hot off the press and untested!

eldrawo.computersforpeace.net/reicast/builds/

I can't post links bc I'm still new. Someone reply with the real link!

:)

Edit:
TESTED!
Slick new UI!

Last edited:

ricardo85x

Aug 30, 2013
Sao Paulo
Reactions: iamnotkurtcobain

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
here you go

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6kQ8Li09nJDd1g2U1hkQnAzd1E&usp=sharing#list

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Are there a way to make the VMU bigger? or enable VMU for controller 2,3 and 4?

I am out of space to play shenmue because it need 80 slots...

Hey, before I update my prior R6 beta, can someone confirm that Shenmue no longer crashes when leaving the dojo with this new apk?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts