New Android 6.0.1 fonts and emoji [flashable]

Search This thread
Hello, guys!
I extracted the recently released Android 6.0.1 factory image for the Nexus 6P and made this flashable ZIP file with the new fonts and emoji. Actually, I don't know if the fonts were updated, but I included them anyway.
It should be compatible with any device running Lollipop or newer. Flash it with TWRP.

Download here

Please note that not every iOS emoji has been included by Google in the update (shame), nor the diverse skin tone emoji.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-07-22-24-33.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-07-22-24-33.png
    235.4 KB · Views: 7,632
Yes, it will work on any phone running AOSP/CM (or derivatives) Android 5.0 or newer. It *might* work with KitKat, but I have no way to test it.

Shouldn't be much of a hassle. You only need to replace fonts.xml (and probably fallback_fonts.xml) with its kitkat version, and probably delete one or two of the roboto fonts

esun

Dec 21, 2014
Why is this posted on the Motorola Maxx subforums? I imagine many won't notice your thread because of this.

Cool stuff! :)

kradkovich

Jan 12, 2015
Just flashed it in twrp on my Nexus 6p running Chroma rom latest build. But speaking about emoji's there isn't a middle finger emoji :(

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
All I see in this zip is font files...nothing to do with emoji at all so it doesn't surprise me that people don't notice new emoji after flashing.

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Hello, guys!
I extracted the recently released Android 6.0.1 factory image for the Nexus 6P and made this flashable ZIP file with the new fonts and emoji. Actually, I don't know if the fonts were updated, but I included them anyway.
It should be compatible with any device running Lollipop or newer. Flash it with TWRP.

Download here

Please note that not every iOS emoji has been included by Google in the update (shame), nor the diverse skin tone emoji.

Enjoy!

You're zip file is missing the /system/fonts/NotoColorEmoji.ttf file which is where all of the emoji reside.

Attachments

• Screenshot_12.png
    Screenshot_12.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 2,648
Reactions: ahgt4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, guys!

Download here

Enjoy!
    Care to share your IOS emoji? Coming from Samsung, Google's emoji's don't make sense to me :)

Here ya go.. Attached
    All I see in this zip is font files...nothing to do with emoji at all so it doesn't surprise me that people don't notice new emoji after flashing.

Android emoji are in a font: /system/fonts/NotoColorEmoji.ttf

Which is how I changed mine to IOS emoji

501e4629d637a5c63c3d287ff197907a.jpg
    And based on my previous reply... Here goes a flashable zip of the updated AOSP keyboard. I pulled the apk and the libraries off of today's CM13 nightly for my device (Moto G). It should work on any ARMv7 device running either Lollipop or Marshmallow.

Link coming soon.

Edit: It's up.

Put the zip at the root of your phone's internal storage before flashing.

Edit 2: This should work on any ARMv7 device running at least ICS.
    Here ya go.. Attached

Dude!!! Thanks!! :good: