[NEW] aodNotify - Notification Light / LED for OnePlus 8 + No fingerprint visible!

Search This thread

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
This app was initially developed for Samsung Galaxy devices with Always on Display. As OnePlus devices will also get an Always on Display soon i decided to create a version specially for OnePlus devices. For now the app runs in a compatibility mode as the Always on Display has not been released yet. App is in beta stage currently.

You need a notification light / LED for your OnePlus 8!
With aodNotify you can easily add a notification light / LED to your OnePlus 8!

You can select different notification light styles and show the notification light around the camera cutout, screen edges or even simulate an notification LED dot in the statusbar of your OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 7!

This app hides the fingerprint icon, so the icon can not burn in your screen! Enjoy your notification light!

MAIN FEATURES
• Notification light / LED for OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 7!
• Double tap to wake when notification arrives!
• Charging / Low battery light / LED

MORE FEATURES
• Notification light styles (around camera, screen, LED dot)
• Custom app / contact colors
• ECO animations to save battery
• Interval mode (on/off) to save battery
• Night times to save battery

BATTERY USAGE PER HOUR ~:
• LED - 7.5%
• LED & INTERVAL - 5.5%
• LED & ECO ANIMATION - 3.5%
• LED & ECO ANIMATION & INTERVAL - 2.5%

Without notification light the app consumes almost 0% battery!

DOWNLOAD:

DEVICES
• OnePlus 8
• OnePlus 7 (untested)??
• OnePlus 6 (untested)??

NOTES
• The app is still in beta stage, errors may occur!!
• OnePlus may block this app with future updates!
• Please check if the app is compatible before updating phone software!
• Altough we never experienced any screen burn in issues on our test devices, we recommend to not keep the notification light / LED active for a long time! Use at you own responsibility!

"OnePlus" is a protected trademark of "One Plus Technology Co., Ltd"

Last edited:

WeedBilbao

Jul 2, 2015
Nice work. It really annoyed me the stupid fingerprint on the screen while the notification light was blinking in other apps like this one. I miss tapping the screen and show the ambient screen (also when you lift the phone). I've seen sometimes a bug that when I unlock the phone the black screen overlays again (tapping the screen once again disables the overlay, it's kind of annoying).

So far nice work.

Feature request: Hover to show the ambient screen ;)

I'd like to see the AOD from 1+ soon, but if the implementation does not convince me I'd seriously consider buying your app. :)

czerdrill

May 25, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'm sure i'm doing this wrong but it's not working. I set the settings but the light doesnt work either on the lockscreen or when the phone is unlocked. The light does work when i do the preview.

sortoh85

Jan 5, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Nothing is wrong, I just want more of a vivid or led look for my notifications. Ok happy how they come out. But I think it would be more noticeable with brighter colors

Last edited:

opponent

Apr 29, 2008
Google Pixel 5
Yes, actually I want this notification app even in deep sleep. Thanks a lot and will buy it after testing.

# Already bought and support to your work.

Last edited:
Reactions: sortoh85

CosMiiK

Feb 26, 2012
I love the app. Works great! Great UI, easy to navigate and set everything up. But most of all I'm thankful that when the screen is off, only the notification LED is illuminated, unlike some of the other apps out there. I bought the Pro version and left a 5 star review on the play store.

But there are a few features I would really like to have added:
- to have separate effect options for the styles "phone unlocked" and "on lockscreen". For example I want the LEDs around the camera to pulse normally while the screen is unlocked, but I want the screen edges to be a different effect like shimmer when the screen is off.
- the bedtime mode is great, but I would like to set different times for different days. I want different schedules for week days vs weekends.
- ability to tweak the lights pulsing attributes much like we could back in the day when phones had an actual hardware notification LED and was running CyanogenMod or some other similar ROM. Their LED control was built in the system settings and worked phenomenally. You could edit things like the speed, how slowly the pulse comes in, how slowly it dims, how long it was turned off, etc.

I hope you accept feedback here. Keep up the great work!

Reactions: Jawomo

czerdrill

May 25, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
What is the eco setting? Do you mean just the schedule? Trying to get the max battery life in the OP: LED + INTERNAL + ECO

but not sure what eco is?

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

odpm1977

Feb 16, 2013
albuquerque
First of all thank you, works amazing and had to buy premium, I just have one request if possible, a separate battery charging time indicator, I set the notification light to work for 15 minutes the battery charging light also turns off at 15 minutes and would like for it to be on all the time while the phone is charging and also maybe add a separate color when the battery is fully charged.
Thank you again for the great work.

Reactions: Jawomo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app was initially developed for Samsung Galaxy devices with Always on Display. As OnePlus devices will also get an Always on Display soon i decided to create a version specially for OnePlus devices. For now the app runs in a compatibility mode as the Always on Display has not been released yet. App is in beta stage currently.

You need a notification light / LED for your OnePlus 8!
    With aodNotify you can easily add a notification light / LED to your OnePlus 8!

You can select different notification light styles and show the notification light around the camera cutout, screen edges or even simulate an notification LED dot in the statusbar of your OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 7!

This app hides the fingerprint icon, so the icon can not burn in your screen! Enjoy your notification light!

MAIN FEATURES
    • Notification light / LED for OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 7!
    • Double tap to wake when notification arrives!
    • Charging / Low battery light / LED

MORE FEATURES
    • Notification light styles (around camera, screen, LED dot)
    • Custom app / contact colors
    • ECO animations to save battery
    • Interval mode (on/off) to save battery
    • Night times to save battery

BATTERY USAGE PER HOUR ~:
    • LED - 7.5%
    • LED & INTERVAL - 5.5%
    • LED & ECO ANIMATION - 3.5%
    • LED & ECO ANIMATION & INTERVAL - 2.5%

Without notification light the app consumes almost 0% battery!

DOWNLOAD:

DEVICES
    • OnePlus 8
    • OnePlus 7 (untested)??
    • OnePlus 6 (untested)??

NOTES
    • The app is still in beta stage, errors may occur!!
    • OnePlus may block this app with future updates!
    • Please check if the app is compatible before updating phone software!
    • Altough we never experienced any screen burn in issues on our test devices, we recommend to not keep the notification light / LED active for a long time! Use at you own responsibility!

"OnePlus" is a protected trademark of "One Plus Technology Co., Ltd"
    Coming soon:

New Zoom animation effects!
    zoom_ezgifcfjpa.gif
    Fyi, still taking a break for some more days to recover. Please support each other as good as possible.
    Thanks to all for contributing!

Ill try to make aodNotify compatible with the new always on display as soon as it gets released to public!

Will be back soon!

tenor.gif
    Very nice! Well done! Just purchased to support the dev. Thanks!

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk