[NEW] aodNotify - Notification Light / LED for OnePlus 8 + No fingerprint visible!

Search This thread

gitzz

Nov 10, 2013
Hathras
OnePlus 9 Pro
Amazfit
My understanding is that, using the values in your screen shot, the "light" will flash 10 times, then it will stop for 2 seconds, then flash again 10 times. After a total time of 10 seconds from the time that the notification was received, the "light" will permanently stop.

My settings (which I'm still playing with) are Display Time = 2 Minutes, Show = 3x and Pause = 4 Seconds. So it will flash 3 times, then do noting for 4 seconds, then flash again 3 times - and will keep on doing this for 2 minutes after the notification is received, at which point it will stop.

(Happy to be corrected if my understanding is incorrect).
Thanks this works well!! I understood very well!!

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Perfect description!
Sir incoming call edge light not working on my oneplus 7 pro!

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Normally the phone app sends the notification. So if you select the phone app in notifications it should work.

You can also try to allow non removable notification in aodNotify, notification, apps, phone

gitzz

Nov 10, 2013
Hathras
OnePlus 9 Pro
Amazfit
Normally the phone app sends the notification. So if you select the phone app in notifications it should work.

You can also try to allow non removable notification in aodNotify, notification, apps, phone

Hey, i tried the thing and it worked but not as expected!!
Actually what i need is the edge light should work when the call is ringing and after call is picked up the notification should just go off!
Right now in current scenario the light keep blinking after connecting the call as well which i don't want

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hey, i tried the thing and it worked but not as expected!!
Actually what i need is the edge light should work when the call is ringing and after call is picked up the notification should just go off!
Right now in current scenario the light keep blinking after connecting the call as well which i don't want
Thats not how the app works. aodNotify only displays missed notifications.

When the phone rings the dialer is visible so the light is not necessarily normally.

gitzz

Nov 10, 2013
Hathras
OnePlus 9 Pro
Amazfit
Hey, i just had a look on Samsung aod aop, it has some more functions like stamina mode etc, will these be also available for oneplus version?

Also can we have seperate light effects for led type and screen edge type?
Can there be an effects like the original horizon light on OnePlus phones, it is like following from the edge towards the screen?

jrmt077

Sep 23, 2016
Hey, i just had a look on Samsung aod aop, it has some more functions like stamina mode etc, will these be also available for oneplus version?

Also can we have seperate light effects for led type and screen edge type?
Can there be an effects like the original horizon light on OnePlus phones, it is like following from the edge towards the screen?

Did you try center glow horizontal it seems very similar to me

ThePhantom79

Oct 9, 2009
Hi,
I am using an OnePlus 8T.
The battery consumption is first post (7.5% per hour) ... is this true, even if no notification is turned on? Just installed this app means up to 7.5% battery drain per hour?
And - what about the real aod from the OnePlus8T - means that less battery consumption?
Is there an 8T user and has some experience with the app?

Smittyzz

Sep 16, 2011
I'm having issues with this app... It seems to be causing 2 issues,

1 when in facebook commenting on a post, if I click the bmcamera button to pull the gallery up and hide the keyboard it doesn't go away when this app is installed.

Edit... After reading through I found the double tap fix but no one has mentioned the facebook issue..... I can provide a video of needed

2 it makes the phone not want to wake mmback up, sometimes it does right away, sometimes it won't come back without a restart....
11.0.2.2 in2025 rooted
Zero issues otherwise with the app, did as should. Just caused a few side effects

Last edited:

Sneakdovi

Dec 5, 2014
Is it possible to only have the light around the camera with stock notification system?
I only want the light when I get a notification

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Coming soon:

New Zoom animation effects!
zoom_ezgifcfjpa.gif

Last edited:

CMC_PUBLIKUM

Jul 26, 2010
Hi,
Is there someway to make it not turn on the screen?

I already searched but didn't found that option.

Thanks

@Jawomo can you please answer?

Last edited:

gitzz

Nov 10, 2013
Hathras
OnePlus 9 Pro
Amazfit
Hey, i am using oneplus 7 pro, and i am using the beta version of android 11 issued by OnePlus and oneplus have enabled AOD on our device. I am also using aod notify app with it, but what i feel is there is difference between the Samsung version and Oneplus version. On samsung version this app show the animation on AOD while on OnePlus when this app show animation it shows on a black screen not on AOD,

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hey, i am using oneplus 7 pro, and i am using the beta version of android 11 issued by OnePlus and oneplus have enabled AOD on our device. I am also using aod notify app with it, but what i feel is there is difference between the Samsung version and Oneplus version. On samsung version this app show the animation on AOD while on OnePlus when this app show animation it shows on a black screen not on AOD,
OnePlus doesnt allow to show content over the AOD while Samsung allows.
Cant be changed unfortunately

Reactions: gitzz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app was initially developed for Samsung Galaxy devices with Always on Display. As OnePlus devices will also get an Always on Display soon i decided to create a version specially for OnePlus devices. For now the app runs in a compatibility mode as the Always on Display has not been released yet. App is in beta stage currently.

You need a notification light / LED for your OnePlus 8!
    With aodNotify you can easily add a notification light / LED to your OnePlus 8!

You can select different notification light styles and show the notification light around the camera cutout, screen edges or even simulate an notification LED dot in the statusbar of your OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 7!

This app hides the fingerprint icon, so the icon can not burn in your screen! Enjoy your notification light!

MAIN FEATURES
    • Notification light / LED for OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 7!
    • Double tap to wake when notification arrives!
    • Charging / Low battery light / LED

MORE FEATURES
    • Notification light styles (around camera, screen, LED dot)
    • Custom app / contact colors
    • ECO animations to save battery
    • Interval mode (on/off) to save battery
    • Night times to save battery

BATTERY USAGE PER HOUR ~:
    • LED - 7.5%
    • LED & INTERVAL - 5.5%
    • LED & ECO ANIMATION - 3.5%
    • LED & ECO ANIMATION & INTERVAL - 2.5%

Without notification light the app consumes almost 0% battery!

DOWNLOAD:

DEVICES
    • OnePlus 8
    • OnePlus 7 (untested)??
    • OnePlus 6 (untested)??

NOTES
    • The app is still in beta stage, errors may occur!!
    • OnePlus may block this app with future updates!
    • Please check if the app is compatible before updating phone software!
    • Altough we never experienced any screen burn in issues on our test devices, we recommend to not keep the notification light / LED active for a long time! Use at you own responsibility!

"OnePlus" is a protected trademark of "One Plus Technology Co., Ltd"
    Coming soon:

New Zoom animation effects!
    zoom_ezgifcfjpa.gif
    Fyi, still taking a break for some more days to recover. Please support each other as good as possible.
    Thanks to all for contributing!

Ill try to make aodNotify compatible with the new always on display as soon as it gets released to public!

Will be back soon!

tenor.gif
    Very nice! Well done! Just purchased to support the dev. Thanks!

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk