[NEW] aodNotify - Notification Light / LED for OnePlus 8 + No fingerprint visible!

Search This thread

achapman91

Aug 16, 2010
Been having issues recently. Not sure if it's due to the oneplus update but here and there I have to go back into the app and toggle notification Light and preview back on. I am not sure why it keeps reverting back to being off. Any suggestions?

replica9000

May 31, 2009
Installed this a few days ago on my OnePlus 8T. I like the features so I bought you a coffee. :)

I have a feature request: there's an option to Hide on call, can we have this for alarms too?

Also, battery usage is very high with active notifications. I have the app set to only show new notifications when the phone is locked.

Screenshot_20210316-190012~01.jpg

My settings:

{"prefAllowText_com.jamworks.notificationlightled.lowbattery":true,"prefGlowPrevTitle":false,"prefAnimRotate":false,"prefSleepDnd":false,"prefGlowColorCycle":true,"seekGlowPrevDividerSize":0,"prefStyleEdgePosBottom":false,"prefMessagePreview":true,"prefAnimSwirlSplit":false,"pref_cutout_left":0,"prefGlowScreen":true,"seekGlowWidthFinger":35,"prefStyleDotLock":false,"seekGlowScaleCam":0,"initCharge_1":true,"pref_cutout_top":0,"prefAlwaysOn":true,"prefNotifBat":"","prefGlowPrevIconRow":true,"seekGlowPrevIconRowSize":40,"prefGlowColorLatest":false,"seekGlowBrightness":60,"prefGlowAutoHide":false,"prefIgnoreUnlocked":true,"batt_2":true,"prefAnimPulse":false,"seekGlowWidthScreen":35,"data_pro":true,"prefStyleEdgePosTop":false,"prefGlowPrevApp":true,"seekGlowTimeoutRepeat":2,"prefAnimMid":false,"log_2749":true,"prefAnimSwirl":false,"pref_cutout_right":133,"pref_cutout_res_width":1080,"prefGlowScreenColor":false,"seekGlowTimeoutAll":12,"show_6":true,"prefGlowScreenDefaultColor":-22746,"seekGlowYFinger":0,"prefAnimGravity":false,"prefAnimShimmer":false,"data_battery":false,"prefStyleCutout":false,"prefGlowScreenDefaultColor_com.google.android.apps.googlevoice":-22746,"prefGlowScreenDefaultColor_com.jamworks.notificationlightled.lowbattery":-769226,"prefNotifApps":"com.facebook.orca|com.reddit.frontpage|com.textra|com.tencent.mm|com.google.android.youtube|com.google.android.apps.googlevoice","prefAnimMidEco":false,"prefDoubleTap":true,"seekGlowWidthCam":50,"pref_cutout_bottom":103,"data_manager":false,"prefGlowScreenDefaultColor_com.facebook.orca":-12409355,"prefGlowScreenDefaultColor_com.tencent.mm":-11751600,"seekGlowYDot":0,"seekGlowSpeedNew":30,"seekGlowTimeoutPause":7,"seekGlowPrevTitleSize":50,"seekGlowScaleScreen":0,"prefStyleFingerLock":false,"seekPreviewTimeoutCount":30,"seekGlowDotPos":37,"tut_4":true,"prefClearRemove":true,"prefAnimOnOff":false,"prefGlowPrevTime":false,"prefSleepTimeoutNewEnabled":true,"prefAnimBeat":false,"seekGlowPrevTextSize":50,"seekGlowEdgeScreen":36,"data_android":30,"init_7":true,"prefStyleDot":false,"prefStyleDisabled":true,"prefGlowCompatMode":false,"data_app":2749,"prefStyleEdgeLock":false,"seekPreviewTimeout":4,"seekGlowOffX":0,"seekGlowOffY":0,"seekGlowTimeoutRepeatCount":2,"prefAnimMidVert":false,"prefGlowPrevLeft":true,"seekGlowTimeoutAllCount":3600,"seekGlowSizeX":0,"data_device":"KB2005","prefSleepTimes":false,"seekGlowSizeY":0,"data_samsung_aod":"","prefGlowScreenDefaultColor_com.reddit.frontpage":-769226,"prefAnimShot":false,"prefIgnorePersistent":true,"prefStyleEdge":false,"seekGlowDotScale":0,"prefGlowScreenDefaultColor_com.google.android.youtube":-22746,"prefHideCall":true,"seekGlowTimeoutPauseCount":15,"pref_cutout_res_height":2400,"prefStyleCutoutLock":true,"100":true,"prefAnimFlash":false,"prefGlowPrevText":false,"seekGlowPrevHeaderSize":100,"prefAnimZoom":false,"prefClearUnlock":false,"prefAllowGlow_com.jamworks.notificationlightled.lowbattery":true,"prefAnimZoomRing":true}

DisposalImminent

Mar 25, 2021
I was wondering if there's a way for the app to function with the aod, and I think aodnotify works by drawing a black screen when you have a notification and then illuminating an area for the notification. But aod needs the screen to be "off" followed by a touch input for it to display, which works when there are no notifications. So I think a solution would be to add a function to turn off the notification system if the screen is touched while off, similar to the double-tap to wake, but instead a single tap to sleep for just a few seconds. Then another touch would activate the aod for a couple seconds, turn off, and then aodnotify would reactivate.

So, would it be possible to implement a single touch to disable aodnotify for x seconds?

Spoogemonkey

Jan 21, 2021
It does not install on custom roms from playstore, others have had luck on APK mirror.

Got addicted to this app under stock Oxygen OS, but now have moved to Lineageos.

I've been able to install the apk without problems, but get the dreaded incompatible error when running it the first time. Any plans to make this work on Lineageos?

Attachments

• IMG_20210410_080632.jpg
    IMG_20210410_080632.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 34

migidid

Mar 30, 2010
Espoo
When I get notification the OnePlus ambient display kicks in to show me whats it about. second after that i see aodnotify to start up black screen and starts to blink. As it should. I would like more time to view the text before black screen starts. There is no way I can read the text in that time. Please adjust it to launch like 5 sec after. hope you find perfect solution to aod! Have a good coffee 😎

replica9000

May 31, 2009
When I get notification the OnePlus ambient display kicks in to show me whats it about. second after that i see aodnotify to start up black screen and starts to blink. As it should. I would like more time to view the text before black screen starts. There is no way I can read the text in that time. Please adjust it to launch like 5 sec after. hope you find perfect solution to aod! Have a good coffee 😎

You can enable Notification Preview > Notification Text, and also adjust the time the preview is shown before it only blinks the icon.

Reactions: jrmt077

namgttn123

Feb 17, 2016
i hope notification preview function work on custom rom also, i only need that, drain less bettery than notification ring

kraakx

Apr 10, 2017
Hello, i love this app and all the features, but i'm havving an issue with the app and the ambient display..
When the app is telling me i have a notification one tap to show ambient display doesn't work.. (i'm forced to double tap) is this intended to do so?

Thanks in advance :)

Good Work

jrmt077

Sep 23, 2016
Hello, i love this app and all the features, but i'm havving an issue with the app and the ambient display..
When the app is telling me i have a notification one tap to show ambient display doesn't work.. (i'm forced to double tap) is this intended to do so?

Thanks in advance :)

Good Work
Do you have double tap to wake turned on in the app settings? If so try turning off.

CMC_PUBLIKUM

Jul 26, 2010
Hi,
I need some help regarding the configuration of the app.

I sent an email to dev about it but received an automatic reply saying "Unfortunately we can't reply to every email personally..."

So, i wanted for the app to light up every 15 or 20 seconds (and during 10 sec) when i have a notification not read.

I already tried several times but it only lights up 1 times when i receive a notification. Then it doesn't light up again.

I also chose to just stop showing when the notifications are read/close and not when i unlock my phone.

I bought the Pro version (and now i can't even get a refund), disabled the battery optimisation, and i'm using an OnePlus 7 Pro with Android 11 (no root).

Can someone send me screenshots on how to do it?

Thanks

jrmt077

Sep 23, 2016
Hi,
I need some help regarding the configuration of the app.

I sent an email to dev about it but received an automatic reply saying "Unfortunately we can't reply to every email personally..."

So, i wanted for the app to light up every 15 or 20 seconds (and during 10 sec) when i have a notification not read.

I already tried several times but it only lights up 1 times when i receive a notification. Then it doesn't light up again.

I also chose to just stop showing when the notifications are read/close and not when i unlock my phone.

I bought the Pro version (and now i can't even get a refund), disabled the battery optimisation, and i'm using an OnePlus 7 Pro with Android 11 (no root).

Can someone send me screenshots on how to do it?

Thanks
You can control light duration under notification lights and duration of preview under notification preview. You can pulse the light effect by setting interval mode, but the preview notification icon remains static.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210418-000638.jpg
    Screenshot_20210418-000638.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20210418-000652.jpg
    Screenshot_20210418-000652.jpg
    415.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20210418-001606.jpg
    Screenshot_20210418-001606.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: CMC_PUBLIKUM

CMC_PUBLIKUM

Jul 26, 2010
You can control light duration under notification lights and duration of preview under notification preview. You can pulse the light effect by setting interval mode, but the preview notification icon remains static.

Thanks for the tips.
I've tried all that but without the expected result. Anyway, i'll try again.

Fortunately, there are people that help others, since the dev himself doesn't reply even we paid for his app.

Best regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app was initially developed for Samsung Galaxy devices with Always on Display. As OnePlus devices will also get an Always on Display soon i decided to create a version specially for OnePlus devices. For now the app runs in a compatibility mode as the Always on Display has not been released yet. App is in beta stage currently.

You need a notification light / LED for your OnePlus 8!
    With aodNotify you can easily add a notification light / LED to your OnePlus 8!

You can select different notification light styles and show the notification light around the camera cutout, screen edges or even simulate an notification LED dot in the statusbar of your OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 7!

This app hides the fingerprint icon, so the icon can not burn in your screen! Enjoy your notification light!

MAIN FEATURES
    • Notification light / LED for OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 7!
    • Double tap to wake when notification arrives!
    • Charging / Low battery light / LED

MORE FEATURES
    • Notification light styles (around camera, screen, LED dot)
    • Custom app / contact colors
    • ECO animations to save battery
    • Interval mode (on/off) to save battery
    • Night times to save battery

BATTERY USAGE PER HOUR ~:
    • LED - 7.5%
    • LED & INTERVAL - 5.5%
    • LED & ECO ANIMATION - 3.5%
    • LED & ECO ANIMATION & INTERVAL - 2.5%

Without notification light the app consumes almost 0% battery!

DOWNLOAD:

DEVICES
    • OnePlus 8
    • OnePlus 7 (untested)??
    • OnePlus 6 (untested)??

NOTES
    • The app is still in beta stage, errors may occur!!
    • OnePlus may block this app with future updates!
    • Please check if the app is compatible before updating phone software!
    • Altough we never experienced any screen burn in issues on our test devices, we recommend to not keep the notification light / LED active for a long time! Use at you own responsibility!

"OnePlus" is a protected trademark of "One Plus Technology Co., Ltd"
    Coming soon:

New Zoom animation effects!
    zoom_ezgifcfjpa.gif
    Fyi, still taking a break for some more days to recover. Please support each other as good as possible.
    Thanks to all for contributing!

Ill try to make aodNotify compatible with the new always on display as soon as it gets released to public!

Will be back soon!

tenor.gif
    Very nice! Well done! Just purchased to support the dev. Thanks!

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk