[NEW] aodNotify - Notification Light / LED for OnePlus 8 + No fingerprint visible!

Search This thread

jrmt077

Sep 23, 2016
Thanks for the tips.
I've tried all that but without the expected result. Anyway, i'll try again.

Fortunately, there are people that help others, since the dev himself doesn't reply even we paid for his app.

Best regards
Yes I think you want the app preview (icon) to show for 10 secs and then turn off with a 15-20 sec interval. This app will not do that the icon stays on (static) for the determined amount of time.

Reactions: CMC_PUBLIKUM

CMC_PUBLIKUM

Jul 26, 2010
Yes I think you want the app preview (icon) to show for 10 secs and then turn off with a 15-20 sec interval. This app will not do that the icon stays on (static) for the determined amount of time.
My intention was to have something like Always On Edge:

When i receive a notification, or if i already have notifications not viewed, the edge light goes on (and the app icons) for (example) 10 seconds and then it stops (the light and the icons). And it happening every, let's say, 30 seconds till i see the notifications and clear them.

What i can't "admit" is to pay 2.99€ for an app that when we need something, the dev sends an automated email saying that "can't reply to every email personally", and even here we need almost a miracle for him to reply/help.
So the support is 0, and that's why i would prefer to get a refund and pay more for the pro version of the Always On Edge

Last edited:
What i can't "admit" is to pay 2.99€ for an app that when we need something, the dev sends an automated email saying that "can't reply to every email personally", and even here we need almost a miracle for him to reply/help.
So the support is 0, and that's why i would prefer to get a refund and pay more for the pro version of the Always On Edge
Really? You paid under 3 euro for an app and you expect personalised email responses to your queries included in the price?!

And now you want a refund because it doesn't meet your own particular set of requirements? So you're expecting bespoke software development to be included in your 2.99 payment?

No wonder so many good app developers have just given up.

CMC_PUBLIKUM

Jul 26, 2010
Really? You paid under 3 euro for an app and you expect personalised email responses to your queries included in the price?!

And now you want a refund because it doesn't meet your own particular set of requirements? So you're expecting bespoke software development to be included in your 2.99 payment?

No wonder so many good app developers have just given up.
I just think that when you pay for something, you should get support. With an app how much you think should be the price for having a so simple support? 100€? 1000€?

When we pay for an app (and it's something that i do), we are helping the developers, and, also giving feedback, congratulate and helping them improving their work.

CMC_PUBLIKUM

Jul 26, 2010
Anyone have best configuration for a battery drain?
You have to choose the "light mode" that uses less battery (it says which one is). I can't remember now since i changed to another app but i think that this one is not very battery friendly.

And don't expect get an answer (here, on the Play Store, and even by email) from the dev; only if you believe in miracles...

MakkeTheMan

Jun 22, 2021
I have been using the app for few weeks now. I have few problems. I thought maybe someone here have solutions for those so here they are:

- Face unlock wont work when there is a notification and i try to unlock the phone
- Phone gets pretty hot when notification comes and the app starts working on the background
- When i charge the phone, the light doesnt come on, only few times it really work like it should
- This is not problem but i was wondering how easily these amoled screens get burn in? Because i want to use longer duration of the notification light, not just few minutes.

I'm using OnePlus 8 Pro

Thanks!

Last edited:

Smittyzz

Sep 16, 2011
Coming back with an update. Was here from the start with the black screen and screen wake issues, has come suck a long way and has been running for a month solid now 🥰🖤

Onetenner

Apr 9, 2022
I've been trying this out on a Oneplus 9 Pro running LineageOS, it works very well.
@Jawomo is there a way to purchase the full version without using Google Play?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app was initially developed for Samsung Galaxy devices with Always on Display. As OnePlus devices will also get an Always on Display soon i decided to create a version specially for OnePlus devices. For now the app runs in a compatibility mode as the Always on Display has not been released yet. App is in beta stage currently.

You need a notification light / LED for your OnePlus 8!
    With aodNotify you can easily add a notification light / LED to your OnePlus 8!

You can select different notification light styles and show the notification light around the camera cutout, screen edges or even simulate an notification LED dot in the statusbar of your OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 7!

This app hides the fingerprint icon, so the icon can not burn in your screen! Enjoy your notification light!

MAIN FEATURES
    • Notification light / LED for OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 7!
    • Double tap to wake when notification arrives!
    • Charging / Low battery light / LED

MORE FEATURES
    • Notification light styles (around camera, screen, LED dot)
    • Custom app / contact colors
    • ECO animations to save battery
    • Interval mode (on/off) to save battery
    • Night times to save battery

BATTERY USAGE PER HOUR ~:
    • LED - 7.5%
    • LED & INTERVAL - 5.5%
    • LED & ECO ANIMATION - 3.5%
    • LED & ECO ANIMATION & INTERVAL - 2.5%

Without notification light the app consumes almost 0% battery!

DOWNLOAD:

DEVICES
    • OnePlus 8
    • OnePlus 7 (untested)??
    • OnePlus 6 (untested)??

NOTES
    • The app is still in beta stage, errors may occur!!
    • OnePlus may block this app with future updates!
    • Please check if the app is compatible before updating phone software!
    • Altough we never experienced any screen burn in issues on our test devices, we recommend to not keep the notification light / LED active for a long time! Use at you own responsibility!

"OnePlus" is a protected trademark of "One Plus Technology Co., Ltd"
    Coming soon:

New Zoom animation effects!
    zoom_ezgifcfjpa.gif
    Fyi, still taking a break for some more days to recover. Please support each other as good as possible.
    Thanks to all for contributing!

Ill try to make aodNotify compatible with the new always on display as soon as it gets released to public!

Will be back soon!

tenor.gif
    Very nice! Well done! Just purchased to support the dev. Thanks!

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk