• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[NEW APP] aodNotify - Notification Light / LED for Pixel 5!

Search This thread

ZeroLozen

Feb 2, 2012
NY State
@Jawomo I noticed that when using the LED option for notification, it appears to be about 50% as bright as it should be. Is there a way to change this either in it's coding or within the app? Seems like a bug.

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
After several days, I notice that the application consumes a lot, I had tried the samsung version on another phone, and it did not consume as much
Its the same core as the samsung version. But googles always on display may consume a little more battery. As a developer we only have limited access unfortunately.

Regarding aodNotify battery consumption:
  1. Samsung Galaxy (best)
  2. Google Pixel
  3. OnePlus
  4. Global Version (worst)
Will try to get my hands on a new Pixel device to optimize

Reactions: migmeil

Regys

Sep 10, 2012
By consulting the stats of the battery, "Always on Display" is continuously active, despite choosing the option "Do not show"

It's a problem !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210815-085659.png
    Screenshot_20210815-085659.png
    194.6 KB · Views: 73

mdianov87

Jul 22, 2021
This app was initially developed for Samsung Galaxy devices with Always on Display. As Pixel devices also have an Always on Display i decided to port the Samsung version to Pixel devices.

You need a notification light / LED for your Pixel 5!
With aodNotify you can easily add a notification light / LED to your Pixel 5!

You can select different notification light styles and show the notification light around the camera cutout, screen edges or even simulate an notification LED dot in the statusbar of your Pixel 5 or Pixel 4a!

As the notification light is integrated in Google's Always On Display it has minimal battery consumption and doesn't drain your battery like other apps which keep your phone awake!

This app hides the fingerprint icon, so the icon can not burn in your screen! Enjoy your notification light!

MAIN FEATURES
• Notification light / LED for Pixel 5 or Pixel 4a!
• Low energy notification preview
• Activate Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications
• Charging / Low battery light / LED

MORE FEATURES
• Notification light styles (around camera, screen, LED dot)
• Custom app / contact colors
• ECO animations to save battery
• Interval mode (on/off) to save battery
• Night times to save battery

BATTERY USAGE PER HOUR ~:
• LED - 3.0%
• LED & INTERVAL - 1.5%
• LED & ECO ANIMATION - 1.5%
• LED & ECO ANIMATION & INTERVAL - 1.0%
• NOTIFICATION PREVIEW - 0.5%
• ALWAYS ON DISPLAY - 0.5%

Without notification light the app consumes almost 0% battery!

DOWNLOAD:

DEVICES
• Pixel 5
• Pixel 4a
• Pixel ...

NOTES
• The app is still in beta stage, errors may occur!!
• Google may block this app with future updates!
• Please check if the app is compatible before updating phone software!
• Altough we never experienced any screen burn in issues on our test devices, we recommend to not keep the notification light / LED active for a long time! Use at you own responsibility!

"Google Pixel" is a protected trademark of "Google LLC"
Good day! Thanks for the app. Bugs that I noticed now: 1. The notification indicator does not work for letters from Gmail 2. There is no full translation into Russian.
I can help with the Russian language. I am Russian speaking. But, I need full access to the application - Pro version.
Ths.

chahn

Jul 1, 2018
Very happy to see this app for the Pixel 5 - I really enjoyed it on my Samsung! I am having a problem though. I tried to duplicate my settings from my old phone, but I think I'm missing something. I am using edge lighting, but when my screen is off, the notification light is limited to the camera cutout. Once I turn the screen on, I do see the edge lighting. On my Samsung, I had the edge lighting working with the screen on/off. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Edit: found my mistake - Was in Notification light...Style

Last edited:
Reactions: Jawomo

Icefeldt

Oct 22, 2005
Installed it on my Pixel 5 but the feature "Activate Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications" does not work.

Always on Display is always active and not "disabled" by the App .

/edit: okay, as suggested in the FAQ, after a restart of the phone it seems to work :)

Last edited:

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Thats not possible unfortunately.

There are different versions of the app optimized for specific manufacturers.

I wish i only had one app to maintain, but as every manufacturer uses different implementations of the aod i have to do lots of research and app customization which ends in a seperate app.

Firestone_cz

Feb 12, 2010
I would like to ask if there is any option how to set custom time for notification running for specific desire app? For the example when I've got missing call so it would be fine infinitely notification until I will done it.
Many thanks for the possible feedback.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    zoom_ezgifcfjpa.gif
    144261909_500312494280pjnf.jpg

1mtuj24.png
    7m7zk0k.png

The position of the light around the camera cutout may not be accurate in this beta.

Position can be adjusted in Notification light > Size & position > fine tuning section in the app.
    This app was initially developed for Samsung Galaxy devices with Always on Display. As Pixel devices also have an Always on Display i decided to port the Samsung version to Pixel devices.

You need a notification light / LED for your Pixel 5!
    With aodNotify you can easily add a notification light / LED to your Pixel 5!

You can select different notification light styles and show the notification light around the camera cutout, screen edges or even simulate an notification LED dot in the statusbar of your Pixel 5 or Pixel 4a!

As the notification light is integrated in Google's Always On Display it has minimal battery consumption and doesn't drain your battery like other apps which keep your phone awake!

This app hides the fingerprint icon, so the icon can not burn in your screen! Enjoy your notification light!

MAIN FEATURES
    • Notification light / LED for Pixel 5 or Pixel 4a!
    • Low energy notification preview
    • Activate Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications
    • Charging / Low battery light / LED

MORE FEATURES
    • Notification light styles (around camera, screen, LED dot)
    • Custom app / contact colors
    • ECO animations to save battery
    • Interval mode (on/off) to save battery
    • Night times to save battery

BATTERY USAGE PER HOUR ~:
    • LED - 3.0%
    • LED & INTERVAL - 1.5%
    • LED & ECO ANIMATION - 1.5%
    • LED & ECO ANIMATION & INTERVAL - 1.0%
    • NOTIFICATION PREVIEW - 0.5%
    • ALWAYS ON DISPLAY - 0.5%

Without notification light the app consumes almost 0% battery!

DOWNLOAD:

DEVICES
    • Pixel 5
    • Pixel 4a
    • Pixel ...

NOTES
    • The app is still in beta stage, errors may occur!!
    • Google may block this app with future updates!
    • Please check if the app is compatible before updating phone software!
    • Altough we never experienced any screen burn in issues on our test devices, we recommend to not keep the notification light / LED active for a long time! Use at you own responsibility!

"Google Pixel" is a protected trademark of "Google LLC"
    I think OP meant to link:
    Only works with aod on
    Sure, without active aod the screen would be completely off. Then the light will not display.

Using the aod consumes much less power than keeping the device awake without the aod. Thats why the app runs on top of the aod.
    thanks for the video. The always on display may be visible shortly before when activated. Will investigate if this can be fixed.
    I can also confirm the same behavior migmeil. Doesn't bother me too much, but I appreciate any further development on the ported app. Thank you Jawomo for your time on getting this app over to us!