I use the app and it's working fine except for missed calls : the ring appears for about 15 seconds and then disappears, with only the phone icon remaining on AOD. I use the Google phone app on a Pixel 5 with LineageOS.
Plus, would it be possible to set an option for a peristent full ring with no animation ?
Strange issue I've not seen before. The AOD beacon is misplaced with AOD on but corrects itself when the screen is on normally/unlocked. Feels like a screen saver/burn type shift but this surely isn't supposed to affect elements other than the text previews?
The positioning on the AOD fixed itself when I locked the phone again but it keeps reoccurring.
I tried clearing the storage and it started working again. Might be a coincidence but it instantly started crashing when I attempted to set a custom time (where it won't display the aod - e.g. at night).
This app was initially developed for Samsung Galaxy devices with Always on Display. As Pixel devices also have an Always on Display i decided to port the Samsung version to Pixel devices.
You need a notification light / LED for your Pixel 5!
With aodNotify you can easily add a notification light / LED to your Pixel 5!
You can select different notification light styles and show the notification light around the camera cutout, screen edges or even simulate an notification LED dot in the statusbar of your Pixel 5 or Pixel 4a!
As the notification light is integrated in Google's Always On Display it has minimal battery consumption and doesn't drain your battery like other apps which keep your phone awake!
This app hides the fingerprint icon, so the icon can not burn in your screen! Enjoy your notification light!
• Notification light / LED for Pixel 5 or Pixel 4a!
• Low energy notification preview
• Activate Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications
• Charging / Low battery light / LED
• Notification light styles (around camera, screen, LED dot)
• Custom app / contact colors
• ECO animations to save battery
• Interval mode (on/off) to save battery
• Night times to save battery
BATTERY USAGE PER HOUR ~:
• LED - 3.0%
• LED & INTERVAL - 1.5%
• LED & ECO ANIMATION - 1.5%
• LED & ECO ANIMATION & INTERVAL - 1.0%
• NOTIFICATION PREVIEW - 0.5%
• ALWAYS ON DISPLAY - 0.5%
Without notification light the app consumes almost 0% battery!
• The app is still in beta stage, errors may occur!!
• Google may block this app with future updates!
• Please check if the app is compatible before updating phone software!
• Altough we never experienced any screen burn in issues on our test devices, we recommend to not keep the notification light / LED active for a long time! Use at you own responsibility!
"Google Pixel" is a protected trademark of "Google LLC"