[NEW/APP] Hibernation Manager: Hibernate your CPU, apps and settings to save battery

Search This thread

DominikNozka

Jun 14, 2012
This app is for those who needs to improve poor battery life.
Android devices are designed to work all the time, even when you do not use them ! Hibernation Manager helps you to save battery when you do not use your device. When the screen goes off it hibernates your processor (CPU), settings and even applications to save your battery power.

image.png
image.png
image.png

CPU hibernation
CPU hibernation automatically sets CPU (processor) to the lowest possible frequency which ensures huge battery savings.
CPU “The brain of your device” constantly computes many demanding tasks. For example: updating widgets, checking for software updates etc. This computing power drains a lot of battery and is used when you do not need it. That is why CPU frequency needs to be lowered when the screen is OFF.

Settings hibernation
Choose which settings will be automatically disabled (hibernated) when your screen is OFF and enabled when your screen is ON.
If you hate frequently changing your settings or you just want to save more battery this option is suitable for you. It is better to have enabled hibernation for all settings, because this mode will automatically hibernate only currently active settings.
You can apply settings hibernation to: wifi, mobile data (APN), bluetooth (BT).

Applications hibernation
Choose which battery draining apps will be disabled (hibernated) when the screen is OFF.
Each of these shown apps. are constantly performing some battery draining task in background. For example: social app. updates your status and checks for the new messages. If you hibernate this app. it stops all tasks running in background (services) which causes extreme battery savings.

Last edited:

rogxd

Sep 16, 2012
I didn't understand if this app requires root. I have a non rooted Samsung Galaxy S5.

StariX37

Jan 23, 2012
Mumbai
I dont even loose 2 % when the screen is off.
I use greenify for apps..

And CPU enters Deep Sleep mode...when not in use.

md07

Jun 26, 2010

Choose which battery draining apps will be disabled (hibernated) when the screen is OFF.
Each of these shown apps. are constantly performing some battery draining task in background. For example: social app. updates your status and checks for the new messages. If you hibernate this app. it stops all tasks running in background (services) which causes extreme battery savings.

And you can not receive notification from those app when screen off ?:(

Reactions: sreehari vasudev

stylemessiah

May 2, 2008
Sydney
Most kernels deepsleep at 200Mhz and so battery drain is extremely low without any need for an app, so its a bit like false advertising as the device already does this. If the screen is off, by default the cpu drops to 200Mhz.

Switching cellular and wifi and gps off is okay as is hybernating apps.

But i think youre going to find it hard to compete with Greenify, which i use for apps.

sherpa25

Jun 13, 2011
Muntinlupa
Most kernels deepsleep at 200Mhz and so battery drain is extremely low without any need for an app, so its a bit like false advertising as the device already does this. If the screen is off, by default the cpu drops to 200Mhz.

Switching cellular and wifi and gps off is okay as is hybernating apps.

But i think youre going to find it hard to compete with Greenify, which i use for apps.

Thanks for the info. I also asked earlier how different this app is vs Greenify. Is there a way to check at what speed my CPU stays when in deep sleep?

I'm using PhoenixROM 10.2 with Alucard Kernel in S4 (i9505) Intl.

stylemessiah

May 2, 2008
Sydney
Thanks for the info. I also asked earlier how different this app is vs Greenify. Is there a way to check at what speed my CPU stays when in deep sleep?

One way is to install BetterBatteryStats from here

You should then leave the screen off and leave the device alone for a decent period

Then, if you look at the CPU info, (click Other, then CPU States) you *should* see that it is spending most of its time at deepsleep (effectively stopped) and less than 200Mhz....

If your highest CPU usage is above deepsleep and the screen has been off, you need to find the app keeping it awake, click Other, then Kernel Wakelock or Other, Partial Wakleock. Biggest wakelock hogs are social media crap like Facebook, WhatsApp etc.

DominikNozka

Jun 14, 2012

One way is to install BetterBatteryStats from here

You should then leave the screen off and leave the device alone for a decent period

Then, if you look at the CPU info, (click Other, then CPU States) you *should* see that it is spending most of its time at deepsleep (effectively stopped) and less than 200Mhz....

If your highest CPU usage is above deepsleep and the screen has been off, you need to find the app keeping it awake, click Other, then Kernel Wakelock or Other, Partial Wakleock. Biggest wakelock hogs are social media crap like Facebook, WhatsApp etc.

Exactly, thank you :)

Last edited:

DominikNozka

Jun 14, 2012
[NEWS] Localization

We just started to translate Hibernation Manager to: Spanish, German, Italian and Russian language

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app is for those who needs to improve poor battery life.
    Android devices are designed to work all the time, even when you do not use them ! Hibernation Manager helps you to save battery when you do not use your device. When the screen goes off it hibernates your processor (CPU), settings and even applications to save your battery power.

image.png
    image.png
    image.png

CPU hibernation
    CPU hibernation automatically sets CPU (processor) to the lowest possible frequency which ensures huge battery savings.
    CPU “The brain of your device” constantly computes many demanding tasks. For example: updating widgets, checking for software updates etc. This computing power drains a lot of battery and is used when you do not need it. That is why CPU frequency needs to be lowered when the screen is OFF.

Settings hibernation
    Choose which settings will be automatically disabled (hibernated) when your screen is OFF and enabled when your screen is ON.
    If you hate frequently changing your settings or you just want to save more battery this option is suitable for you. It is better to have enabled hibernation for all settings, because this mode will automatically hibernate only currently active settings.
    You can apply settings hibernation to: wifi, mobile data (APN), bluetooth (BT).

Applications hibernation

And you can not receive notification from those app when screen off ?

No you cannot. But on the other hand if your screen is on (you are using your device) you will receive notifications. Greenify is not able to do that.
    I think there is already very low CPU usage when we are not using our phone.

Yes it is. But your CPU is running on high frequency Battery saving lock screen sets CPU to minimal possible frequency.
    What is the differences between this app and deep sleep mode?

Sry for my bad English

Deep sleep is a natural way for your android to sleep.. Basically when your screen is off it lowers down core frequency and put apps on "standby" mode or "idle" mode. On marshmallow this is improved by "doze" allowing the app to sleep and just wait for a tickle on high priority gcm.

This app force hibernates an app meaning that it eliminates the app process once screen off ans put it back on when the screen is on. Generally speaking its like eliminating the app's bg process while screen off allowing some of poorly written apps like facebook to not cause that much of a drain
    How different is this from Greenify? Just wish to compare. Thanks for this.