New apple CarPlay usb dongle for android headhunts and tablets.

Search This thread

Maxim Kraev

Dec 3, 2010
You asked for support. They don't offer any support to customers who bought from eBay.
They do not offer support even for customers who bought from official store, they will keep blaming you phone and you HU. Even you clearly demonstrated the stick issue with video of different phones and different HUs. knock-off will work of you not update it..,

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
They do not offer support even for customers who bought from official store, they will keep blaming you phone and you HU. Even you clearly demonstrated the stick issue with video of different phones and different HUs. knock-off will work of you not update it..,

Rubbish support is standard across all of these knock off resellers.

I doubt the "official store" is anything other than a reseller.

Larzouz

Jan 25, 2021
In my case rubbish support is from the manufacturer directly. As you are saying they are blaming my phone although I showed the problem on different phones

Calvin.z34

Jan 27, 2021
Hello, a quick google search got me to this form and i had to make this account.

I bought the carlinkit carplay adapter from Amazon and it hasn’t been very stable.

I am using a samsung tab a 10.1 2019 (t510). the only app i have got to work is the supplied app. Some older apps with firmwares i have installed still do not want to work. I have tried zbox, autoplaybox, etc.

Sometimes it will connect for one second then disconnect, sometimes it will play one song and end within the last 8-0 seconds left.

I need any supplied apps to be vertical compatible.

PS:
Yes its rooted, yes its above 4.4.4, and yes its an oem apple cable.

Vischo-X

Jan 25, 2021
SCL
Hello, a quick google search got me to this form and i had to make this account.

I bought the carlinkit carplay adapter from Amazon and it hasn’t been very stable.

I am using a samsung tab a 10.1 2019 (t510). the only app i have got to work is the supplied app. Some older apps with firmwares i have installed still do not want to work. I have tried zbox, autoplaybox, etc.

Sometimes it will connect for one second then disconnect, sometimes it will play one song and end within the last 8-0 seconds left.

I need any supplied apps to be vertical compatible.

PS:
Yes its rooted, yes its above 4.4.4, and yes its an oem apple cable.

I'm having the same problem with my Android 9 head unit and my iPhone. The problem is the dongle; just make this simple test, unplug it. I bet that your audio apps will no longer close. Plug it again and you'll see the problem back. I notified the manufacturer, recommended a couple of changes in the Autokit config, but neither resolved the problem, and they stopped replying -I even sent them a video showing this behavior. Apparently the only workaround will have to extend the usb to the center console in order to have it handy so I can plug and unplug the box when needed. Not very happy with that.

Calvin.z34

Jan 27, 2021
I'm having the same problem with my Android 9 head unit and my iPhone. The problem is the dongle; just make this simple test, unplug it. I bet that your audio apps will no longer close. Plug it again and you'll see the problem back. I notified the manufacturer, recommended a couple of changes in the Autokit config, but neither resolved the problem, and they stopped replying -I even sent them a video showing this behavior. Apparently the only workaround will have to extend the usb to the center console in order to have it handy so I can plug and unplug the box when needed. Not very happy with that.
So you also have the problem of your dongle disconnecting when listening to music from your phone? Was their any stable version that i can downgrade too? How about dongle firmware?

Vischo-X

Jan 25, 2021
SCL
So you also have the problem of your dongle disconnecting when listening to music from your phone? Was their any stable version that i can downgrade too? How about dongle firmware?

In the Autokit app config there's an option that redirects all audio through bluetooth, I think it goes something like "Audio channel (beta)" and the options are Bluetooth and Box. That option appears after you let it update; if you just install the apk in the address it will install an older version that doesn't offer that option, so if you updated and don't want it, just delete Autokit and install it again from the original link and don't update.
I enabled that audio channel option and that corrected the problem of showing you Carplay as an audio source in the phone during a call and setting it as default, but the audio from Apple Music or similar then goes through your iPhone speakers instead of the HU speakers.
The problem setting Carplay as audio source during a call, for me at least, was that the mic had something like 3-5% of the normal sensibility, the caller says that they hear me like underwater facing down lol, I thought maybe the box had a mic and couldn't hear me well as it's in the glove box, but my box is the one without mic. Looking at the phone, in the audio source I saw speaker, bluetooth -head unit- and Carplay, and Carplay was by default enabled, so for every call I had to pick the phone up, change the source to bt and only then I could sustain a normal conversation. That Audio Channel option resolved that, but instead created the problem of not redirecting the music to the head unit.
In the end I left that audio channel option in "box" and somehow my iPhone learned that I preferred to use bt instead of carplay as default and is working fine now. But I think it's a messy app, with very unclear options and after all not sorting out all the problems. For instance, for every call, the head unit's bt phone app will lay over carplay displaying that answer/hang up popup over the carplay call screen. When using carplay if I press the answer button in the steering wheel in order to display the call history, that bt phone app will take over, minimizing carplay, unless I'm actually answering a call, in which case it does what it expected. Probably Autokit requires more privileges in order to totally take over as it should, not sure, but when you have native carplay in your head unit the only way out is the exit button, all the rest is owned by carplay.
Well, at least now I have carplay, before buying the carlinkit I didn't, although not working as seamless as it does in enabled factory head units.

Calvin.z34

Jan 27, 2021
In the Autokit app config there's an option that redirects all audio through bluetooth, I think it goes something like "Audio channel (beta)" and the options are Bluetooth and Box. That option appears after you let it update; if you just install the apk in the address it will install an older version that doesn't offer that option, so if you updated and don't want it, just delete Autokit and install it again from the original link and don't update.
I enabled that audio channel option and that corrected the problem of showing you Carplay as an audio source in the phone during a call and setting it as default, but the audio from Apple Music or similar then goes through your iPhone speakers instead of the HU speakers.
The problem setting Carplay as audio source during a call, for me at least, was that the mic had something like 3-5% of the normal sensibility, the caller says that they hear me like underwater facing down lol, I thought maybe the box had a mic and couldn't hear me well as it's in the glove box, but my box is the one without mic. Looking at the phone, in the audio source I saw speaker, bluetooth -head unit- and Carplay, and Carplay was by default enabled, so for every call I had to pick the phone up, change the source to bt and only then I could sustain a normal conversation. That Audio Channel option resolved that, but instead created the problem of not redirecting the music to the head unit.
In the end I left that audio channel option in "box" and somehow my iPhone learned that I preferred to use bt instead of carplay as default and is working fine now. But I think it's a messy app, with very unclear options and after all not sorting out all the problems. For instance, for every call, the head unit's bt phone app will lay over carplay displaying that answer/hang up popup over the carplay call screen. When using carplay if I press the answer button in the steering wheel in order to display the call history, that bt phone app will take over, minimizing carplay, unless I'm actually answering a call, in which case it does what it expected. Probably Autokit requires more privileges in order to totally take over as it should, not sure, but when you have native carplay in your head unit the only way out is the exit button, all the rest is owned by carplay.
Well, at least now I have carplay, before buying the carlinkit I didn't, although not working as seamless as it does in enabled factory head units.
That’s not my problem.

My problem is when I use CarPlay, I play music through Apple Music and when a song ends/is about to end, the dongle decides it’s time to stop working and returns to the please insert product screen

Vischo-X

Jan 25, 2021
SCL
That’s not my problem.

My problem is when I use CarPlay, I play music through Apple Music and when a song ends/is about to end, the dongle decides it’s time to stop working and returns to the please insert product screen

Have you already tried to switch to compatibility working mode and lowering the charging mode to weak instead of strong?

jefbuan

Sep 22, 2010
ruh

Hi , we have the same problem. calls through carplay had my callers complain , but when I press car's bt on my iphone , they stop complainig..also siri on carplay doesnt hear me well when im talking , whereas my google assistant app in my headunit works pretty well..I think the autollink app needs some tweaking

joker_yss

Jan 10, 2021
I confirm this works for me.
no more reboot without chrome.
I can confirm this as well on a PX30 unit. I was able to make mine work by disabling the Chrome app entirely. I didn't use Chrome anyway so doesn't hurt me.

I do have a question about Eplay/autokit app though. My android auto google maps never goes into dark mode which usually should happen at sunset or be controlled by the headlamp. I have the day/night set to auto in my Eplay app settings.

yamate55

Jun 13, 2017
Honestly I am just going to give up on using AA and just use HereWeGo navigation and spotify directly on my head unit I think the best course of action for anyone that wants an aftermarket Android Auto or Carplay solution is to use another dongle brand like Zlink / generic non brand and to not update them or just use a head unit with it built in like a Joying.

Carlinkit are clearly an awful company and autokit is terrible software.

I think the best solution of all though is to use a branded Pioneer, Sony, Alpine or Kenwood aftermarket head unit since a lot more care and attention will have been put into building them and even though they cost more, they will pay dividends since they are likely to have fewer bugs, will have an actual warranty and will offer third party support.

lew26

Nov 1, 2019
I gave up with the adapter I bought with my HU.
I would up with the software solution (android auto).
It's a paid ($5) app. I'm using it with a USB connection. Works best with a short, quality cable.

I have no relationship with the product or author. It works reasonably well for me.

Bob_Sanders

Jul 17, 2019
Winnipeg
Honestly I am just going to give up on using AA and just use HereWeGo navigation and spotify directly on my head unit I think the best course of action for anyone that wants an aftermarket Android Auto or Carplay solution is to use another dongle brand like Zlink / generic non brand and to not update them or just use a head unit with it built in like a Joying.

Carlinkit are clearly an awful company and autokit is terrible software.

I think the best solution of all though is to use a branded Pioneer, Sony, Alpine or Kenwood aftermarket head unit since a lot more care and attention will have been put into building them and even though they cost more, they will pay dividends since they are likely to have fewer bugs, will have an actual warranty and will offer third party support.
I have both a Pioneer and a Kenwood collecting dust in my basement. They are both good units and present fewer problems than the Chinese units do, but I prefer the Chinese units. They are more flexible, and you can do more with them.

If you want to run AA/carplay though, the branded units are the better deal. They OFFICIALLY support AA/carplay while the Chinese units do not so getting it working is more of a crap shoot than anything else

beny28

Jan 9, 2010
Poland
Hello guys!
Do you know, if is there any repository with old versions of Autokit and previous dogle's images?
I use Carplay rather than Android Auto.
The dongle has worked acceptable (it was crashing while incoming calls, from time to time), until I have updated in January. Now it can crash even when there is a music playback only. The strange thing is, it can works for a day or two without a crash, but when the problem occurs, it is happening a few times in a row (it disconnects, I am connecting it again, the system works for 2 minutes and is crashing again).
I use Allwinner R16 headunit with Android 6.0. Maybe it is better to buy a new HU on Android 10 and use TomTom, G Maps, Apple Music directly on the device ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [WHT DONGLE] Current App Build & Firmware

I think tat seines there is quite a few people checking on this thread and that there are no CLEAR instruction; accept from the half baked English ones from the seller / retailer that, again, make no sense. I have decided to make a quick explanation and instruction guide on " How Too Upgrade " the app and firmware.

If anyone also know where the latest firmwares can be obtained other than out of date sales sites then replay to this post and ill update it.

Current APK Build: 2018.06.20.1338

Current Firmware Build: 2018.06.26.1620

InApp Firmware Update (for my self) Isn't working

Anyone with the ZBox Version wanting to give directions on installing then be my guest.

WHITE DONGLE

1:- First head over to the links provided for the latest known working Autoplaybox APK & firmware and download them to a pc or laptop:

apk
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/na44v3r5z3....1634.zip?dl=0

Firmware
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/00mba8i97r...pdate.zip?dl=0

If you download the APK from the links above then this is the entry APK into the in app updating in which you can then update the app within the app its self. It also give you the option to update the firmware also how ever the " null - unstable network connection " bug currently happens

2:- Once downloaded you will need a USB 2.0 thumb stick, reformat it just for good measures and then move the files on to the USB 2.0 thumb stick. You will need to unzip the files if you follow the links provided above.

I found that when the retailers and Chinese sellers state that you need to install the firmware VIA a U-Disk then what they actually mean is a USB 2.0 thumb drive. Through experience I was trying to update the firmware using a USB 3.0 thumb drive and it didn't work.

3:- After moving your downloaded files to your USB 2.0 thumb stick, eject the USB 2.0 thumb stick from your computer and move to your android head unit in your car. Start your car so the head unit turns on and move to the next step.

4:-Uninstall the Autoplaybox you currently have installed and connect your USB 2.0 thumb stick into a USB port and locate the APK you downloaded. Install and don't open Autoplaybox. You will need to locate your files again on your USB 2.0 thumb stick, remove the APK and keep the update image on the Thumb stick.

5:- Remove your USB 2.0 thumb stick, open the AutoPlayBox BUT do not connect the dongle just yet.

6:- Take your dongle and connect your USB 2.0 thumb stick into the USB port on the dongle.

7:-Once USB 2.0 thumb stick ix connected to your dingle, connect the dongle and USB 2.0 thumb stick combo into a usb port on your head unit.

As the dongle is powered; in the app you will then see the APK build & firmware on screen, then in yellow text you will see "Dont unplug U-Disk until update has finished. Shortly after you will see green text stating the update was successful. Then your all set.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New update out today for app and box, fix for iOS 13 music stuttering fix included in the change log
    Bare with me guys I’ve got the latest apk and firmware for the white dongle. I will upload now.

Firmware
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/00mba8i97rh50sr/Auto_Box_Update.zip?dl=0

apk
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/na44v3r5z3x4amx/AutoPlayBox_UI5_2018.05.02.1634.zip?dl=0

I did not test yet! This was supplied by the Chinese seller. Test at your own risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I finally managed to download the latest updates (apk and firmware) of the white dongle, dated 20180518. Last firmware removes the annoying "use this USB" dialog that came up every single time the dongle was attached.
    You can find them here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9ytsotykluvl2if/AAACg9oAR43aZwX3_XL3rWEua?dl=0

Enjoy!

Made a new video showing how to update and in the description there is the link for any updates for the dongle.

If you get a black screen go into android settings, car settings, and enable watching video while driving! It might be blocked by default!