New battery, original or fake?

Search This thread

Snowjack

Nov 22, 2013
Prague
I just got replaced battery in service - they told me that they use original LG parts. When I checked it under the cover, it shows manufactured date 6th of January 2016. It is not allowed by antena strips and curved back cover to have thicker battery and thinner would have less capacity. You could probably try but I don't see any benefits in that.

EDIT: After few days of usage I had to get my battery replaced by the old one. May be bad luck with not properly working battery but more probably faik one (runs for 0-10 mins, weird force charging in no OS mode). When they showed me the "new" battery in service it is thinner than the original, does not have the stepped back and thus makes gap between back cover and battery itself - 2mm of medium hard press. So it was like yours - flat design - no additional stepped part. The service was not authorised service but looked legit and had plenty of good reviews. So it's my experience of flat lg battery replacement stated as original.

Attachments

• 20160809_185827.jpg
    20160809_185827.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 1,713
Last edited:

Snowjack

Nov 22, 2013
Prague
Be noticed that all of below information are not yet confirmed.

I discovered the difference between original and fake since searching trough forums and own experience. :victory:

Design od LG BL-T7 battery has not changed ever since. Still the only one with the stepped back side. Should look like the battery on right side of these pictures, otherwise it is nor factory replacement (aka fake):
http://i.imgur.com/2Yt8cvDh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hkVpceYh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/XtEH5AQh.jpg

The main difference is in litle bulk under printing "BL-T7", arrows under the NOM icon and next right is noticeable differnce in T in that symbol, fonts differ and last letter of chineese behind the manufactured day,...

There is a believe that non-original batteries are not that bad at all, only they have poor wiring and connection port which often makes them behave unexpectedly.

How to calibrate battery after replacement or when needed here.

Last edited:
Reactions: shaneel1491

rustybronnco

Dec 26, 2014
I bought that same battery. It had no glue residue and the year was rubbed off.
It looks genuine but I won't be able to tell until my replacement screen arrives and I can install them both at the same time.

kili3981

Jan 15, 2017
I bought a 3950mah high capacity battery from aliexpress (so clearly not geniune but for the money I decided to give it a shot). it works fine, got my Screen on time from 2-3h to 5h or more. However, when charging, it will charge up to 95-99% and then, while still plugged in, go down to 83% and stay there. Then when I unplug it and start using it, it first goes back up to 90-95% before going back down like normal. Has anyone experienced something like this and/or know a way to fix it? I tried some battery calibration methods but no luck. Also, since the phone rarely reaches 100% (indicated) it doesnt always reset the screen on timer properly... this makes it difficult to keep accurate track of its performance. when it does work 5h seems to be the usual value.

tiguy99

Oct 3, 2007
Chicago
That one sounds weird.
Definitely not normal.

Only solution is to buy another and test it or return the one you haveDefinitely and try another one

I bought a 3950mah high capacity battery from aliexpress (so clearly not geniune but for the money I decided to give it a shot). it works fine, got my Screen on time from 2-3h to 5h or more. However, when charging, it will charge up to 95-99% and then, while still plugged in, go down to 83% and stay there. Then when I unplug it and start using it, it first goes back up to 90-95% before going back down like normal. Has anyone experienced something like this and/or know a way to fix it? I tried some battery calibration methods but no luck. Also, since the phone rarely reaches 100% (indicated) it doesnt always reset the screen on timer properly... this makes it difficult to keep accurate track of its performance. when it does work 5h seems to be the usual value.

Reactions: kili3981

kili3981

Jan 15, 2017
That one sounds weird.
Definitely not normal.

Only solution is to buy another and test it or return the one you haveDefinitely and try another one

I have contacted the seller but so far they are not replying... I tried the Ampere and 3C Battery monitor the check the voltages and currents while charging. At first, I thought the phone showed the wrong percentage as it was not calibrated for the high capacity (so 80% was actually 120% relative to the standard battery capacity) but it showed that the phone was actually discharging once it reached full charge. Also, my assumption of it being 120% was wrong since the percentage probably comes from the cell voltage. So, next I checked the cell voltage using both ampere and 3C but the values were all over the place, jumping from 4.36 to 4.2 and back. this made no sense. The battery has a top voltage of 4.37 when fully charged so maybe the battery monitoring software of the phone is confused by this?

In any case I will wait for the seller to get back to me and if the problem becomes worse I will get a new battery to test out.

tiguy99

Oct 3, 2007
Chicago
Thanks for the update.
Keep us posted on how it goes.

I have contacted the seller but so far they are not replying... I tried the Ampere and 3C Battery monitor the check the voltages and currents while charging. At first, I thought the phone showed the wrong percentage as it was not calibrated for the high capacity (so 80% was actually 120% relative to the standard battery capacity) but it showed that the phone was actually discharging once it reached full charge. Also, my assumption of it being 120% was wrong since the percentage probably comes from the cell voltage. So, next I checked the cell voltage using both ampere and 3C but the values were all over the place, jumping from 4.36 to 4.2 and back. this made no sense. The battery has a top voltage of 4.37 when fully charged so maybe the battery monitoring software of the phone is confused by this?

In any case I will wait for the seller to get back to me and if the problem becomes worse I will get a new battery to test out.

LedjoSRB

Dec 1, 2014
Hello guys, I am looking to buy new battery for my 2 and half years old g2. So here are my options:
1) Pollarcell - they says it's great battery, but still kinda expensive for a non-oem battery. It would cost me about 25e.
2) OEM LG battery - in LG official service, I have to check it they still got them, price was about 30e if I recall correctly.
3) Some random battery - I guess this is lottery.I can get good or I can get bad battery. There are many brands, and their price is from 8-9 to 15e.

OEM is best choice for sure, but I don't feel like investing 1/3 of phone price in battery, especially cause I don't know how long I will keep that phone. Dunno what to do :(

Edit: Did anyone tried this battery? It has quite high rating

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32572840069.html#autostay

Last edited:

benveq

May 1, 2008
fake or original?

I also changed my battery after 3 years at LG service however I have some questions in my mind whether battery is fake or original one. Although new battery has same capacity like old one but it doesn not last like new one ( it lasts almost a day ) Pictures are attached new and old one. What do you think guys?

keyzjh

Jun 5, 2010
I also changed my battery after 3 years at LG service however I have some questions in my mind whether battery is fake or original one. Although new battery has same capacity like old one but it doesn not last like new one ( it lasts almost a day ) Pictures are attached new and old one. What do you think guys?
It looks like the original one and it might well be. But that also means it is not new, as the production of original batteries have stopped several years back. So what you have is probably an unused but ageing battery.

Batteries start degrading the moment they are produced, just that it degrades at a slower rate being unused (depending on temperature it's stored etc), compared to it being actively used everyday.

Reactions: benveq

benveq

May 1, 2008
It looks like the original one and it might well be. But that also means it is not new, as the production of original batteries have stopped several years back. So what you have is probably an unused but ageing battery.

Batteries start degrading the moment they are produced, just that it degrades at a slower rate being unused (depending on temperature it's stored etc), compared to it being actively used everyday.

thanks a lot for the comment. I have been using this battery for a month now and the battery ends after completing one day. As and old production not bad as you said.

czgut

May 29, 2019
Dimensions of original battery BL-T7, taken off from LG G2 : 55.4mm x 66.4 mm x 5.6 mm (thickness in the middle), Weight: 45 G.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks. When possible, please pm me the sellers info.
    Gonna buy one asap

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-LG-...781964?hash=item51cfceb70c:g:oOEAAOSwv0tVNo12

Note that if you face any issue regarding charging since these batteries are years old, then feel free to contact the seller and you will get a replacement.
    Be noticed that all of below information are not yet confirmed.

I discovered the difference between original and fake since searching trough forums and own experience. :victory:

Design od LG BL-T7 battery has not changed ever since. Still the only one with the stepped back side. Should look like the battery on right side of these pictures, otherwise it is nor factory replacement (aka fake):
    http://i.imgur.com/2Yt8cvDh.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/hkVpceYh.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/XtEH5AQh.jpg

The main difference is in litle bulk under printing "BL-T7", arrows under the NOM icon and next right is noticeable differnce in T in that symbol, fonts differ and last letter of chineese behind the manufactured day,...

There is a believe that non-original batteries are not that bad at all, only they have poor wiring and connection port which often makes them behave unexpectedly.

How to calibrate battery after replacement or when needed here.
    I replaced my battery recently, they told me that it's not the original one, its a Chinese made but works well. So far, no issue.
    That one sounds weird.
    Definitely not normal.