Screenshot_20220614-144839_Device care.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 676
  • Screenshot_20220614-144848_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220614-144848_Device care.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 676

Paul_Deemer

Sep 21, 2017
Greenville
The Biggest Boost to the Battery Life came from Removing the Facebook App and accessing it thru the browser instead. Still have Facebook Messenger installed. Adaptive Battery ON, Processing Speed Optimized and FHD Resolution with Motion Smoothness at Adaptive.

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
U.S. Unlocked 512gb - Snap Dragon Stock Settings - FHD
Hahahah I was thinking about creating a thread about that to share our experiences and tweaks.

I feel that aodnotify (and always on display that is required for aodnotify) is taking too much battery. Do you guys use this app?

Paul_Deemer

Sep 21, 2017
Greenville
Another upshot with accessing FB via browser is you don't get all the ads. Which is why the FB app uses so much battery.
Weird that you brought it up. I deleted the Facebook app and started using it on the browser for that very reason. There was this Dr. Ad with a banana pic and no matter what I tried I couldn't get it to go away. It kept coming back and was annoying I couldn't control it. Then after I deleted the Facebook app I noticed the battery life was way better so I did another test and hence this thread was born. 😎

• Haha
Reactions: gernerttl

Paul_Deemer

Sep 21, 2017
Greenville
Hahahah I was thinking about creating a thread about that to share our experiences and tweaks.

I feel that aodnotify (and always on display that is required for aodnotify) is taking too much battery. Do you guys use this app?
Well lets collaborate on that here? Anyway no I don't use the AOD Notify. Is that the app that makes the flashy light around the camera hole when you get a notification?

What I do is use (always on) but set to only show when notifications come in. So the screen is blank until I get a text or email then it shows up on always on display and then when I read it then it goes blank screen again. That works for me.

Last edited:

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
Well lets collaborate on that here? Anyway no I don't use the AOD Notify. Is that the app that makes the flashy light around the camera hole when you get a notification?

What I do is use (always on) but set to only show when notifications come in. So the screen is blank until I get a text or email then it shows up on always on display and then when I read it then it goes blank screen again. That works for me.
Absolutely, we van use this thread! =)

Yes, it's an app to blink in several ways. I use the one that a circle around the front camera hole (eco blink). The issue with aod is that you can't see if there's a notification just by taking a quick look to the camera hole without taking the phone from your pocket, right?
You need to look the whole screen to see the notifications. Aod also let you change colors according to app, so just by looking I can identify a WhatsApp message or a missed call.

Paul_Deemer

Sep 21, 2017
Greenville
Absolutely, we van use this thread! =)

Yes, it's an app to blink in several ways. I use the one that a circle around the front camera hole (eco blink). The issue with aod is that you can't see if there's a notification just by taking a quick look to the camera hole without taking the phone from your pocket, right?
You need to look the whole screen to see the notifications. Aod also let you change colors according to app, so just by looking I can identify a WhatsApp message or a missed call.
If that thing flashing the whole time in your pocket until you see it then yeah I would think that would be a big battery drain. I only have one social media app and that Facebook. Then I got the basic Phone App, IP Relay App (Because I am Deaf) Text Messages App and Facebook Messenger App. Because I am now using Facebook on the browser and don't have any other social media apps that probably has a lot to do with why my battery life is 10 hours SOT and 14 hours Off. I guess it like Virgo_Guy and the others said about Social media apps being battery hogs. Also WQHD Resolution eats up battery and makes phone run hotter especially when you out in the summer heat. I noticed mine was getting a little hot the other day and switched down to FHD Resolution and it got cooler.

Last edited:

Paul_Deemer

Sep 21, 2017
Greenville
Fyi I'm running WQHD+ and my phone never runs hot. I get 10hr SOT also. Btw my screen is set to natural mode @ 60hz.
Well I was in a hot car when it was doing that. When your bright sun light, it's 95 degrees outside and the screen is in WQHD and at full brightness so you can see the screen it will get hot. Other than that circumstance no it doesn't get hot but it does drain the battery faster. It's a fact of life. The higher the resolution the more the drain. Mines on adaptive.

Rubby1025

Mar 18, 2022
Dallas/Ft Worth
Well I was in a hot car when it was doing that. When your bright sun light, it's 95 degrees outside and the screen is in WQHD and at full brightness so you can see the screen it will get hot. Other than that circumstance no it doesn't get hot but it does drain the battery faster. It's a fact of life. The higher the resolution the more the drain. Mines on adaptive.
Ok, I'll agree with you there. I'm in Texas and the heat/sun is insufferable so if I'm going to look at my phone outside I'm finding some shade 1st! 😎

Reactions: Paul_Deemer

bat0nas

Feb 23, 2009
Vilnius
I still can't understand how you all get 6, 7 or 10 hours of SOT.
I went through all the guides and disabled every nonsense, configured bixby routines to go to power saving in certain situations etc.. And still at the end of the day I'm close to zero battery with just 3-4 hours of SOT at best.

Are you just watching youtube the whole day connected to wifi or what? No LTE? No BT? No Location? Low brightnes? No games? No camera?

And I'm not blaming S22 Ultra. That happened to every Galaxy Note I had in the past (no more than 3-4hrs of SOT).

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I went through all the guides and disabled every nonsense, configured bixby routines to go to power saving in certain situations etc.. And still at the end of the day I'm close to zero battery with just 3-4 hours of SOT at best.

Are you just watching youtube the whole day connected to wifi or what? No LTE? No BT? No Location? Low brightnes? No games? No camera?

And I'm not blaming S22 Ultra. That happened to every Galaxy Note I had in the past (no more than 3-4hrs of SOT).
What are you saying? If there's a will, then there's a way. Have a strong will and you will soon get earth shattering SOTs.

Reactions: Paul_Deemer

Paul_Deemer

Sep 21, 2017
Greenville

I used LTE and 5G for mobile. Had it on all day. But was mostly at home or work and streaming over WiFi connections. Processing Speed is set to Optimized and using Adaptive Battery. Power saving is off. But I'm not a gamer so the settings in Game Launcher are still at standard optimization and Alternative Game Performance Management is disabled. So pretty much the stock Settings. I also only have one social media app and I access that (Facebook) thru the browser although Messenger App is still installed. I think social media apps cause a big drain on the phone. The other thing I have is the Resolution set to FHD instead of WQHD.

Also don't have my Netflix, HBOmax, Hulu, Disney+, Paramount+ installed on Phone as I watch those on my Galaxy Tab 7+ or the TV.

So basically I am just using the phone For Texting, YouTube, Browser, Camera etc. Things that don't use a lot of power such as Gaming, Social Media etc. If your a heavy gamer and got 5 or 6 social media apps on your phone your results are going to be drastically different especially if you got the Exynos version.

If you have Facebook installed that's a huge battery drain cause of all the ads. Try uninstalling some of your social media apps that can be accessed thru the browser and see how that goes. And when you not gaming try settings of optimized and standard instead of maximum.

Last edited:

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
U.S. Unlocked 512gb - Snap Dragon Stock Settings - FHD
Those are really incredible SoT you got there. Mine is about 8h.

Screenshot_20220615-210707_Device care.jpg

It is enough, but we always want more hahaha. How are your sleeping apps config? Do you put everything in deep sleep?

I noticed there are apps. like Find My Mobile, that always appears on the list when I use Device care. Do you do something about those background apps?

@bat0nas I'm doing almost nothing... I keep Bt and location on, 120 Hz screen. The only thing that I'm doing to get more battery is using "Put unused apps to sleep" setting, which I don't even know how much battery it saves. Oh, and adaptative battery.

EDIT: Paul_Deemer , my settings are basically the same as yours. But I stay a LOT more in LTE than wifi, since I'm working presentially and only turn on wi-fi at night when I got home. I dont use social media other than Whatsapp and Instagram. I don't game often. If I do game or use too much camera one day it will probably not last that long.
The aodNotify app and aod consumes about 1,5-2% each every day. It's 3-5% total, which isn't much, but could be better.

Paul_Deemer

Sep 21, 2017
Greenville
Location is on for me but I turned Bluetooth off when it's not needed like when phone is connected to the car. Rest of time it's off. Don't see Find my Mobile using power and it not disabled so maybe the auto settings putting it to sleep I dunno. Considering how much Mobile time your using during the day with no WiFi available like me at work and that you have two social media apps installed and are occasionally gaming I think you SOT is about as good as it gonna get. I wouldn't be unhappy with your SOT based on your usage patterns. 😎

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
Location is on for me but I turned Bluetooth off when it's not needed like when phone is connected to the car. Rest of time it's off. Don't see Find my Mobile using power and it not disabled so maybe the auto settings putting it to sleep I dunno. Considering how much Mobile time your using during the day with no WiFi available like me at work and that you have two social media apps installed and are occasionally gaming I think you SOT is about as good as it gonna get. I wouldn't be unhappy with your SOT based on your usage patterns. 😎
Well, I seldom game, and when I do is for about 20-30min tops. However i do stay at LTE for almost the whole day. Is there much difference between using LTE and Wifi?

If you count discord and telegram as social media, then I have 4, lol. But I don't use them as much as Whatsapp and Instagram. Indeed, Find My Mobile isn't in the usage list.

I'd like to know how much battery is consumed when screen is off, but I'm not sure settings can do that. Do I need an app for that?

Paul_Deemer

Sep 21, 2017
Greenville
I saw this little quote on the web and it fits with what people are saying about 5g being a battery hog. Not using any special apps for battery management . There are plenty available though. Just do a search on Google.

You may notice that your phone's battery drains faster than usual while you are connected to a 5G network. This is a limitation of the current 5G networks, and will be improved as the networks expand.

Paul_Deemer

Sep 21, 2017
Greenville
Oh one other important thing to note. When I did that test above that was with Protect Battery Off. Meaning it went from a Full 100% Charge down to 10%. I now have it back to Protect Battery which means it only charging to 85%. So naturally you gonna lose a bunch of time with it not charging to the full 100%.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I don't think the problem is with SOT ,the problem is with standby,you can keep using the phone continuously and get 7 hrs or so of screen on time,but what's the standby drain if not used,also do note that samsung battery chart looks incorrect if you tap on the blue boxes individually and add up the time it will show a different working time than what battery stats show

I have the same feelling! Note user since 2013 and never got that type of SOT. I bought a 1400€ phone so i use it as it is, 5G, BT, GPS allways on because thats why i want a flagship. I use the 120HZ optimized screen. O just remove FB app because its not that important for me! Never i had > 3 hours SOT NEVER EVER!
    I don't think the problem is with SOT ,the problem is with standby,you can keep using the phone continuously and get 7 hrs or so of screen on time,but what's the standby drain if not used,also do note that samsung battery chart looks incorrect if you tap on the blue boxes individually and add up the time it will show a different working time than what battery stats show
    It always has been a problem with Standby with Samsung phones. Do not expect phenomenal battery with Samsung in general. I have been using them since S4, skipped 3 generations and moved to S8. You need to baby sit the phone to reduce the standby drain to less than 1%/hr. Samsung wants us to use our phones continuously :)
    This is correct. I also realized, i wonder if they are aware of this.