General New Battery Test Result

Search This thread

Pichulec

Dec 11, 2009
UK
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
After 4 days of use battery settling down already. Heavy use, lots of personal hotspot, 4g all the time (no wifi available). WQHD, always on display on, 120hz. Dual sim. Not bad, at the beginning battery was disapearing in eyes. Now getting better.

Screenshot_20220618-185336_AccuBattery.jpg

Last edited:

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
In the S22 series, Exynos and Snapdragon have very similar batterylife as shown in the test below: ( starts at 4:29 )

On a side note, I've had 2 simcards always active for several years now - >> with S22 Ultra and its predecessors. S22U has worse batterylife than several of them despite of it being a Snapdragon and predecessors with Exynos SoC.
I can tell you that I had good battery life in my S21+ exyons. Almost as good as S22U.

But let's not turn this thread into a comparison like the one that was closed. Stick to the topic, which is how is your S22U battery life and how to improve it, please.

@Pichulec , that's a great SoT! =)

haifish9999

Nov 22, 2011
Ha Noi
Here's my results from S22Ultra S908E. Everything at max setting, adaptive power saving, Dual Simcard, disable some unused applications, used Lite instead of Facebook, used Soul browser as a default browser, don't playing game ....

Screenshot_20220604-004828_Device care.jpg Screenshot_20220604-004842_Device care.jpg

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
SmartSelect_20220619-193242_AccuBattery.jpg

This is accubattery analysis. Of 6:09 hours of screen off, i got only 1:09 hours of deep sleep, which represents 19% of the time, only.
Idk if deep sleep helps to preserve battery much more than screen off only. But i think I should get more deep sleep percentage of screen off..probably close to 100%...

Rubby1025

Mar 18, 2022
Dallas/Ft Worth
View attachment 5641531
This is accubattery analysis. Of 6:09 hours of screen off, i got only 1:09 hours of deep sleep, which represents 19% of the time, only.
Idk if deep sleep helps to preserve battery much more than screen off only. But i think I should get more deep sleep percentage of screen off..probably close to 100%...
You should be getting much more deep sleep. See mine below which is typical for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220620-092117_AccuBattery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220620-092117_AccuBattery.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 85

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
You should be getting much more deep sleep. See mine below which is typical for me.
Ok, I suspect the lack of deep sleep is caused by AOD and/or AODNotify.

Turned both off and got 86% of screen off time as deep sleep. 1h24m of 1h38m. got 0% discharge in screen off during this time.

Gonna do mroe testings, especially to find out if its AOD or AodNotify..

For the ones that use Always On Display, how's your deep sleep time?

kos26

Feb 7, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
There has to be something wrong with my S22U. It runs hot often and I'm lucky to get 5hrs SOT. I have almost every app except the few I use on a daily basis put into sleep and some have restricted battery use. Almost all if not all are set at optimized battery use. Adaptive battery and optimized processing. FHD with adaptive motion smoothness. Everything is up to date. Looking in device care, app battery usage is very low. Attached is what I'm at right now. It's also at 92° with my house at 72°. According to Samsung it's fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220621-205741_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220621-205741_Device care.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 104

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
There has to be something wrong with my S22U. It runs hot often and I'm lucky to get 5hrs SOT. I have almost every app except the few I use on a daily basis put into sleep and some have restricted battery use. Almost all if not all are set at optimized battery use. Adaptive battery and optimized processing. FHD with adaptive motion smoothness. Everything is up to date. Looking in device care, app battery usage is very low. Attached is what I'm at right now. It's also at 92° with my house at 72°. According to Samsung it's fine.
It seems you are having big discharge while scree off. Your phone went from 100% to about 60%(?) with less than 2 hours of screen on..

Maybe some app is working while screen is off? Do you use AOD?

rockky

Oct 2, 2006
chicago
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Why just 6+? Aim for big.

Uninstall, disable, use FHD, use 60 hz, use only Wi-Fi, stare at the screen for hours using YouTube, use only one Email Id, don't use location service, don't use cloud services, use power saving, use single Sim, disable mobile data... Voila! you get more than you're asking for.
Basically use it as a feature phone. It's a secret sauce not everyone has the courage to eat.
I have 6-9 SOT /Day and do none of those

Rubby1025

Mar 18, 2022
Dallas/Ft Worth
AOD is off. According to battery stats there isn't an app consuming a lot of power
Keep in mind that those items listed are only foreground apps. For "security" reasons google/android does not list details of background processes. For example, when I listen to iHeart radio app for hours via Bluetooth headset it will on show iHeart app usage for the couple of minutes I have the app open making my selections.

I can remember back in the day where you could see how much battery your screen usage was.

kos26

Feb 7, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Keep in mind that those items listed are only foreground apps. For "security" reasons google/android does not list details of background processes. For example, when I listen to iHeart radio app for hours via Bluetooth headset it will on show iHeart app usage for the couple of minutes I have the app open making my selections.

I can remember back in the day where you could see how much battery your screen usage was.
I've looked with gsam too, nothing out of the ordinary. I'm currently trying accubattery pro.

Last edited:

bat0nas

Feb 23, 2009
Vilnius
So I did a test.
Almost all day at home (Wifi), no navigation. Started at 85% ended at 15%. SOT - 5Hrs. Or in other words - 5 hours of SOT with 30% remaining.
So the keyword for 6+ hours SOT is - WIFI.
Screenshot_20220624-230155_Device care.jpg

Reactions: Virgo_Guy

kazam401

Apr 26, 2007
This is how bad my 256gb Exynos is. I have already sent it back once and been told nothing is amiss. This phone has been awful the most underwhelming premium flagship mobile I have ever had the misfortune to buy.
Screenshot_20220622-175854_Device care~2.jpg

HugoYe

Sep 8, 2018
There are so many people claiming to have <5 hrs of battery life. I personally also only see 5-6 hours with WQHD+ and on WIFI. Could these be anomalies, defective units?

Rubby1025

Mar 18, 2022
Dallas/Ft Worth
There are so many people claiming to have <5 hrs of battery life. I personally also only see 5-6 hours with WQHD+ and on WIFI. Could these be anomalies, defective units?
I have WQHD+ on constantly and use wifi6 70% and 5G 30% and get 10hrs SOT. I do, however, use 60hz screen refresh. I did not root or debloat - I tweaked only standard android settings.

HugoYe

Sep 8, 2018
I have WQHD+ on constantly and use wifi6 70% and 5G 30% and get 10hrs SOT. I do, however, use 60hz screen refresh. I did not root or debloat - I tweaked only standard android settings.
I am using adaptive refresh rate. So should I be worried about my unit, which is worse than yours out of factory? Maybe the 65W charger is wrecking my battery? though i think the battery has always been mediocre and that hasnt changed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I still can't understand how you all get 6, 7 or 10 hours of SOT.
    I went through all the guides and disabled every nonsense, configured bixby routines to go to power saving in certain situations etc.. And still at the end of the day I'm close to zero battery with just 3-4 hours of SOT at best.

Are you just watching youtube the whole day connected to wifi or what? No LTE? No BT? No Location? Low brightnes? No games? No camera?

And I'm not blaming S22 Ultra. That happened to every Galaxy Note I had in the past (no more than 3-4hrs of SOT).
    I don't think the problem is with SOT ,the problem is with standby,you can keep using the phone continuously and get 7 hrs or so of screen on time,but what's the standby drain if not used,also do note that samsung battery chart looks incorrect if you tap on the blue boxes individually and add up the time it will show a different working time than what battery stats show
    I still can't understand how you all get 6, 7 or 10 hours of SOT.
    I went through all the guides and disabled every nonsense, configured bixby routines to go to power saving in certain situations etc.. And still at the end of the day I'm close to zero battery with just 3-4 hours of SOT at best.

Are you just watching youtube the whole day connected to wifi or what? No LTE? No BT? No Location? Low brightnes? No games? No camera?

And I'm not blaming S22 Ultra. That happened to every Galaxy Note I had in the past (no more than 3-4hrs of SOT).
    I have the same feelling! Note user since 2013 and never got that type of SOT. I bought a 1400€ phone so i use it as it is, 5G, BT, GPS allways on because thats why i want a flagship. I use the 120HZ optimized screen. O just remove FB app because its not that important for me! Never i had > 3 hours SOT NEVER EVER!
    I don't think the problem is with SOT ,the problem is with standby,you can keep using the phone continuously and get 7 hrs or so of screen on time,but what's the standby drain if not used,also do note that samsung battery chart looks incorrect if you tap on the blue boxes individually and add up the time it will show a different working time than what battery stats show
    It always has been a problem with Standby with Samsung phones. Do not expect phenomenal battery with Samsung in general. I have been using them since S4, skipped 3 generations and moved to S8. You need to baby sit the phone to reduce the standby drain to less than 1%/hr. Samsung wants us to use our phones continuously :)
    This is correct. I also realized, i wonder if they are aware of this.