General New Battery Test Result

Search This thread

HugoYe

Sep 8, 2018
My phone also warms up quickly (top left) quite fast under just minimal use (youtube or browsing).

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
So I did a test.
Almost all day at home (Wifi), no navigation. Started at 85% ended at 15%. SOT - 5Hrs. Or in other words - 5 hours of SOT with 30% remaining.
So the keyword for 6+ hours SOT is - WIFI.
View attachment 5644937
Well, you removed 30% of battery, which is a lot. You could get around 7h if going from 100% to 5%, maybe?

Also, while not having 4G on helps to save battery, it is not necessary to stay in Wifi to get 6+ hours of SoT. I stay in 4G pratically from 9h-20h (11 hours a day) and only use wifi from 20h to 1h. So the great majority of internet I get from 4g and still get about 8h SoT.

Rubby1025

Mar 18, 2022
Dallas/Ft Worth
I am using adaptive refresh rate. So should I be worried about my unit, which is worse than yours out of factory? Maybe the 65W charger is wrecking my battery? though i think the battery has always been mediocre and that hasnt changed.
You just need to find the settings that work best for your usage. If you're not happy with it, then return the phone.

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Google Pixel 6a
So I did a test.
Almost all day at home (Wifi), no navigation. Started at 85% ended at 15%. SOT - 5Hrs. Or in other words - 5 hours of SOT with 30% remaining.
So the keyword for 6+ hours SOT is - WIFI.
View attachment 5644937
So a bit more than 7 hours in 100% it'll last in this case. Without power saver it'll be about 6 hours. Use outdoors it'll reduce to roughly about 4 hours over mobile data. This is slightly better than mine. I don't play games but have 2 SIM cards always in and don't use power saver.

Super lengthy batterylife not required , but this phone doesn't take me through a full day with moderate(or a bit more) usage over mobile data on the go unless I start crippling in phone settings.
I have WQHD+ on constantly and use wifi6 70% and 5G 30% and get 10hrs SOT. I do, however, use 60hz screen refresh. I did not root or debloat - I tweaked only standard android settings.
I wish there's a toggle to keep the S22U at 30 Hz refresh rate, the SOT would have been 15 hours or so...😕

Joke aside, I don't see a lot of convincing reasons to keep it at 60Hz when 120Hz makes it way more smooth and can't go back to 60Hz once gotten used to 120Hz. We're paying for a very expensive flagship to use its features, else 60Hz phones are available for one tenth of its price.

Reactions: msegmx

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
Screenshot_20220627-030934_Device care.jpg

This was yesterday, after driving for about 3 hours straight, with GPS and 4G on to guide me with Maps, BT on (wasn't using it though), and all the regular :120Hz, no power saver, etc.
Also, it was 15% when I took the ss. So, I could squeeze it a bit more, maybe 8:40 SoT.

I only turned wifi on at night. Yes, 4G consumes more battery, but it's not enough to make a 8h SoT turn into 4h.

Another thing i noticed, the less screen off time, the better scree on time. If you keep screen off for 20h, you cant have 8h+ SoT

HugoYe

Sep 8, 2018
View attachment 5647169

This was yesterday, after driving for about 3 hours straight, with GPS and 4G on to guide me with Maps, BT on (wasn't using it though), and all the regular :120Hz, no power saver, etc.
Also, it was 15% when I took the ss. So, I could squeeze it a bit more, maybe 8:40 SoT.

I only turned wifi on at night. Yes, 4G consumes more battery, but it's not enough to make a 8h SoT turn into 4h.

Another thing i noticed, the less screen off time, the better scree on time. If you keep screen off for 20h, you cant have 8h+ SoT
Do you use 1440p or 1080p?

johnmerlyn

May 20, 2011
Hyderabad
View attachment 5647169

Any reason why you use samsungs default browser?

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
It does. I recall that it wasn't an option on the S21 series.
You're right. Just turned 1440p to test it.

@johnmerlyn Samsung internet has some cool features and plugins, including for videos. I normally use chrome, but I'm experimenting Samsung's for now.
I don't think browsers affect battery life too much, though.

I'm running on FHD+, Adaptive Motion Smoothness (96hz-24hz via Galaxy Max Hz app), Processing speed set to Optimized. My benchmarks are still 1200, 3400.

No power saving. No adaptive power saving. Adaptive battery off. No adaptive brightness. I have a bunch of apps in sleep and deep sleep. Mostly WiFi since I work remotely and some light LTE usage. I turned off 5G using Samsung Band Selection app. I manually set RAM Plus to 1GB via ADB command. Dark Mode and my Location are on at all times.

S22 Ultra US Unlocked Snapdragon 512gb.

Edit: Added another screenshot from 100%-40%.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220322-174846_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220322-174846_Device care.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot_20220322-135016_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220322-135016_Device care.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 124

amoghsuvarna

Nov 2, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I still can't understand how you all get 6, 7 or 10 hours of SOT.
I went through all the guides and disabled every nonsense, configured bixby routines to go to power saving in certain situations etc.. And still at the end of the day I'm close to zero battery with just 3-4 hours of SOT at best.

Are you just watching youtube the whole day connected to wifi or what? No LTE? No BT? No Location? Low brightnes? No games? No camera?

And I'm not blaming S22 Ultra. That happened to every Galaxy Note I had in the past (no more than 3-4hrs of SOT).
Same here, bro. Tried every play in the book and still can't get even 6h sot. And people have over 7,8,9 hr sot.

Reactions: bat0nas

johnmerlyn

May 20, 2011
Hyderabad
Ok so I tested the sot for battery. It crosses 9hrs for me with 10% still left. I am more than happy with this. I havent seen Android manage performance vs battery life like this ever. Fully satisfied 🙂. I switched from iphone and oh my god Android is so much better

Last edited:

axel88pl

Mar 6, 2010
S22Ultra 256GB Exynos.
4h of SOT is max for me if I'm not using the phone all the time. GSam battery monitor doesnt show any suspicious drains but still the battery runs very fast when phone not used. I think the biggest drainer are Google Play Services - i tried clearing the cache, reinstalling and even clean install of full software in ODIN and still GPS drains the battery the most. I have done also most of the point from the OneUI optimisation guide. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220704-170437_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220704-170437_Device care.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20220704-170449_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220704-170449_Device care.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 37

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I went through all the guides and disabled every nonsense, configured bixby routines to go to power saving in certain situations etc.. And still at the end of the day I'm close to zero battery with just 3-4 hours of SOT at best.

Are you just watching youtube the whole day connected to wifi or what? No LTE? No BT? No Location? Low brightnes? No games? No camera?

And I'm not blaming S22 Ultra. That happened to every Galaxy Note I had in the past (no more than 3-4hrs of SOT).
    I don't think the problem is with SOT ,the problem is with standby,you can keep using the phone continuously and get 7 hrs or so of screen on time,but what's the standby drain if not used,also do note that samsung battery chart looks incorrect if you tap on the blue boxes individually and add up the time it will show a different working time than what battery stats show

I have the same feelling! Note user since 2013 and never got that type of SOT. I bought a 1400€ phone so i use it as it is, 5G, BT, GPS allways on because thats why i want a flagship. I use the 120HZ optimized screen. O just remove FB app because its not that important for me! Never i had > 3 hours SOT NEVER EVER!
    I don't think the problem is with SOT ,the problem is with standby,you can keep using the phone continuously and get 7 hrs or so of screen on time,but what's the standby drain if not used,also do note that samsung battery chart looks incorrect if you tap on the blue boxes individually and add up the time it will show a different working time than what battery stats show
    It always has been a problem with Standby with Samsung phones. Do not expect phenomenal battery with Samsung in general. I have been using them since S4, skipped 3 generations and moved to S8. You need to baby sit the phone to reduce the standby drain to less than 1%/hr. Samsung wants us to use our phones continuously :)
    This is correct. I also realized, i wonder if they are aware of this.