General New Battery Test Result

Search This thread

sameermehta2

Mar 15, 2017
I don't think the problem is with SOT ,the problem is with standby,you can keep using the phone continuously and get 7 hrs or so of screen on time,but what's the standby drain if not used,also do note that samsung battery chart looks incorrect if you tap on the blue boxes individually and add up the time it will show a different working time than what battery stats show

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
I don't think the problem is with SOT ,the problem is with standby,you can keep using the phone continuously and get 7 hrs or so of screen on time,but what's the standby drain if not used,also do note that samsung battery chart looks incorrect if you tap on the blue boxes individually and add up the time it will show a different working time than what battery stats show
Exactly that. I feel that if I don't use the phone enough, the battery ia drained in screen off time and SoT is reduced. Still get around 6-8, though.
I don't know how much is drained in screen off, nor why.

For people getting lesa than 5h SoT, what are you doing through the day? Because I'm sure my 8h+ time would be reduced to less than 5h if I spend hours recording videos or playing heavy games.

Reactions: sameermehta2

readymarc

Dec 30, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
This is correct. I also realized, i wonder if they are aware of this.

readymarc

Dec 30, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Im not sure what the hell samsung is doing but some days i get 6-7hrs and other days i barley make it to 5hrs.

I think i found the culrpit though. I am testing right now. If you have youtube vanced installed try restricting background use and report back.

Reactions: sameermehta2

linom

It always has been a problem with Standby with Samsung phones. Do not expect phenomenal battery with Samsung in general. I have been using them since S4, skipped 3 generations and moved to S8. You need to baby sit the phone to reduce the standby drain to less than 1%/hr. Samsung wants us to use our phones continuously :)

vlubosh

Sep 8, 2007
Bratislava
Guys, comapring to CRDROID GSI, the standby drain in ONE UI is bigger.

CRDROID stand by drain in 8h NIGHT - 0,6%/h - max 5% over night
ONE UI(any) - 1,4%/h - 11% + over night.

Usage drain is same, but with this night drain will cause the difference of SOT.

As someone mentioned, its no problem to get 8h SOT when i dont let the phone sleep, but its impossible to get 8H SOT with 2 day usage, not with ONE UI. With GSI yes - my best is 9h SOT and 52h of usage (100-10%) with 8h night sleep.

dont know what the phone do over night, but he could sleep, not to be awake :D

sameermehta2

Mar 15, 2017
Well even if they are aware they're never going to accept unless someone from say like xda or any other team highlights this openly,samsung never accepts there faults,I think they are the most mismanaged & arrogant company rightnow

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Google Pixel 6a
It always has been a problem with Standby with Samsung phones. Do not expect phenomenal battery with Samsung in general. I have been using them since S4, skipped 3 generations and moved to S8. You need to baby sit the phone to reduce the standby drain to less than 1%/hr. Samsung wants us to use our phones continuously :)
Galaxy S1 to S22 Ultra user here. And I thoroughly agree with you.

Samsung's way of handling the battery is different from other brands and is kinda weird.

Last edited:
Reactions: linom

linom

Galaxy S1 to S22 Ultra user here. And I thoroughly agree with you.

Samsung's way of handling the battery is different from other brands and is kinda weird.
S1 to S22U, wow!

I always get battery anxiety when I need to step out for a few hours and the phone is hovering between 40-50% battery. My S9+ and S10+ had almost died with some phantom drain when I was on the road only for a few hours. I have an OCD with Samsung phones and now almost always top it up with some charge before I step out.

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Google Pixel 6a
S1 to S22U, wow!

I always get battery anxiety when I need to step out for a few hours and the phone is hovering between 40-50% battery. My S9+ and S10+ had almost died with some phantom drain when I was on the road only for a few hours. I have an OCD with Samsung phones and now almost always top it up with some charge before I step out.
TouchWiz, Samsung experience and then OneUI.. for years I tried to understand what's that thing that causes unusual standby drain. Previously I thought the blame should go to Xenon modem in Exynos units, unoptimised kernel, small and big cores' unusual power draw etc. Problem is the Snapdragon units have had always these standby drain issues as well.

Samsung's uncountable services running in the background is one big reason I would say. When we look at other manufacturers in the Android world, Samsung is on top of the list with the most number of unwanted software services draining battery.

xgerryx

May 26, 2011
New Hampshire
Coming from Oneplus 8 pro, OP 6t, OP 5t, OP5. Seeing really bad results on my s22 ultra. This is the Snapdragon US version. 1440p on, 120hz on. I have reached 6 1/2 SoT twice, but the drain going on while not using it is crazy.

This morning it's been off the charger for about 2 hours. It has 20 minutes of SoT and it's already at about 90%. This is without the awesome screen off gestures for media that Oneplus has, and a much bigger battery than the OP 8 pro had. Couple that with the poor charging speed and this is turning out to be a not great purchase.

linom

TouchWiz, Samsung experience and then OneUI.. for years I tried to understand what's that thing that causes unusual standby drain. Previously I thought the blame should go to Xenon modem in Exynos units, unoptimised kernel, small and big cores' unusual power draw etc. Problem is the Snapdragon units have had always these standby drain issues as well.

Samsung's uncountable services running in the background is one big reason I would say. When we look at other manufacturers in the Android world, Samsung is on top of the list with the most number of unwanted software services draining battery.
True this!

It's like Whack-a-mole with Samsung. You try to pin down a wakelock thinking its all good and you're in for a surprise with another unexpected one. And surprisingly this happens only in Samsung flagships. I have an A71 (SD 730) and it lasts me nearly 2 days with approx 7-8 hours SOT.

Reactions: Virgo_Guy
I have to disagree. My standby time is great when I'm sleeping. It only drained 3% in 9 hours and 44 minutes when I was sleeping.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220705-083414_AccuBattery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220705-083414_AccuBattery.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 43

linom

I have to disagree. My standby time is great when I'm sleeping. It only drained 3% in 9 hours and 44 minutes when I was sleeping.
Yes the overnight standby time is good. However its about the daytime usage standby drain. When the phone is not used much during the day, the standby is average or poor and it drains easily about 1.5 %/hr even if the screen is off on 4G and 1%/hr on Wifi. This is too much compared to other Androids.

Reactions: axel88pl

ChaseRxx

Jan 21, 2012
São Paulo
SOT (Screen On Time) Screen Time 10h

Device settings FHD+
120hz via Galaxy Max HZ app switching to low hz at specific times
Optimized Processing Speed
Power saving OFF
Adaptive Battery ON
Limit battery charge 85% OFF
Dark mode ALWAYS
Some apps suspended, others in deep sleep Location only when needed
Bluetooth ON 5G ON network (Only connects in the region where I work Faria Lima/SP) otherwise 4G+
As I work practically all day in the office, I use a lot of WIFI switching between mobile networks during the round trip and during lunch. There are a bunch more settings, but these are the main ones.

And most importantly, I disabled/uninstalled a lot of useless bloatware and some Samsung services. As you can see in the images, I use cel a lot. From yesterday afternoon until now practically straight during this last test. That night I slept around 5:30 am only. So much so that it was 17h 27m used. I hope I have contributed in some way.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220705-123306_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220705-123306_Device care.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_20220705-123301_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220705-123301_Device care.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 71
  • Screen_Recording_20220705-123218_Settings.mp4
    13.7 MB · Views: 0

Paul_Deemer

Sep 21, 2017
Greenville
New Test Result

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220706-142555_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220706-142555_Device care.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20220706-142608_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220706-142608_Device care.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_20220706-142641_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220706-142641_Device care.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20220706-142654_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220706-142654_Device care.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 47

Paul_Deemer

Sep 21, 2017
Greenville
That's a very good SOT! Looks like you had 49 min less than last test result posted, however, you had a LOT of Facebook (15.5%) and Messenger (7.2%) app time whereas previously you had next to none. Facebook especially will burn a lot of CPU.
Yeah I'm gonna do it again with same settings but without Facebook again.

This time I had FHD like before but had all my movie stuff installed. Netflix, Hulu, HBOmax and Paramount+. I also had Mobile Data, Bluetooth and Location turned off when at home and on WiFi. Without Facebook and all of the above settings I bet I can do 11 hours? Maybe. 😉

Reactions: Rubby1025

axel88pl

Mar 6, 2010
Today for me it was also 3% during sleep BUT in 8 hours, mobile data off, WiFi off and with power saving mode so it's quite disaster for phone with 5000mAh 😅 I've had similar results with my previous Note10 with 3500mAh

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
More than 8h SoT with:

Dark mode
BT and Location ON
120 Hz
WQHD+
Optimized Processing Speed
Power saving OFF
Adaptive Battery ON
4G ON from 8h to 20h (pratically all day)
Screenshot_20220707-214020_Device care.jpg

So, had pratically no difference turning WQHD+ on.
However, I used the phone a lot this day. It has a good battery life when on.
The issue is in standby. I use AoDNotify, so my standby consume should be bigger, but not too much.

We should try to discover what is making that standby waste. My Googleplay services got almost 5% and idk why.
Are your phones entering deep sleep mode?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I still can't understand how you all get 6, 7 or 10 hours of SOT.
    I went through all the guides and disabled every nonsense, configured bixby routines to go to power saving in certain situations etc.. And still at the end of the day I'm close to zero battery with just 3-4 hours of SOT at best.

Are you just watching youtube the whole day connected to wifi or what? No LTE? No BT? No Location? Low brightnes? No games? No camera?

And I'm not blaming S22 Ultra. That happened to every Galaxy Note I had in the past (no more than 3-4hrs of SOT).
    I still can't understand how you all get 6, 7 or 10 hours of SOT.
    I went through all the guides and disabled every nonsense, configured bixby routines to go to power saving in certain situations etc.. And still at the end of the day I'm close to zero battery with just 3-4 hours of SOT at best.

Are you just watching youtube the whole day connected to wifi or what? No LTE? No BT? No Location? Low brightnes? No games? No camera?

And I'm not blaming S22 Ultra. That happened to every Galaxy Note I had in the past (no more than 3-4hrs of SOT).
    I have the same feelling! Note user since 2013 and never got that type of SOT. I bought a 1400€ phone so i use it as it is, 5G, BT, GPS allways on because thats why i want a flagship. I use the 120HZ optimized screen. O just remove FB app because its not that important for me! Never i had > 3 hours SOT NEVER EVER!