New Camera Firmware Update Now- 27th May 2011 [APK HERE] [POST YOUR FW VERSIONS]

Search This thread

joromano

May 6, 2012
Buenos Aires
Hi Dramatik Beats:
you have turned on a light of hope to the ones that have SCEF02 module.

Can you please confirm if you were testing beta 8 under ICS 4.0.3 or other rom?
In addition, could you please include your video settings?
I would also like to know if you got a grainy video at 1920 with this beta version, because with GB 2.3.6 lgcamera also avoids sttutering at 1920X1080 resolution, but the video was so grainy that it is better to use 1080X720 resolution instead.

Thanks and lot, my friend!

Jorge

iovaniorgovan

May 25, 2011
So am I in the right place if I look for a camera app for SGS2 which can use the power or volume buttons as shutter buttons and still looks like the original camera app which I like very much?
Please don't be mean. Thanks.

joromano

May 6, 2012
Buenos Aires
You are right about the sound quality.
I tested stock camcorder and lg camera in a Fear Factory concert (loud enough) and the sound is better in stock camera. However stuttering from SCEF02 module ruined my footage.

By the way, are using stock ICS 4.0.3 and you don't have the SCEF02 module, right?

The way you can perform the "touch to focus" function is pretty amazing and fast !

Regards,
Jorge

Burgscheinkerkdeiktraast

Aug 7, 2011
Yeah I use stock 4.03 LPG and have OMEF01 module.

I use lgCamera as primary camcorder mostly because of Scene mod and touch to focus capability. I like birate too. However sound is not so good as I wish it was.

joromano

May 6, 2012
Buenos Aires
Mmm.. I see.

I am still on GB 2.3.6 so I think that the "touch to focus" function while you are recording is only available on ICS 4.0.3. Is that correct?

Anyway, I have this #"$&% SCEF02 module so I'll never get the same quality as you.

Thanks.
Jorge

Burgscheinkerkdeiktraast

Aug 7, 2011
Yes ICS enables touch to focus but only in 3rd apps - in default camcorder not :(
I like it, it is one of the most powerful features in ICS and lgCamera :)
it is nice to make movies of spiders where you can focus on it directly ^^

joromano

May 6, 2012
Buenos Aires
According to what you are telling me, I think that it's time for me to move to ICS.
The thing is that I read in some forums that ICS 4.0.3 has some bugs and only 4.0.4 is much better, so I planned to wait till that version for my S2 because my phone is pretty fast right now.
However if I want to get this "touch to focus" feature it seems that I need to update to ICS.

By the way, I never had the chance to congratulate you for the excellent review that you have in your signature's link.
I am always sending it to an engineer in Samsung Korea almost once a week since May to explain him the problem that SCEF02 module has (I know that he worked in the programming of the firmwares).
Your notes and examples are great but so far I've got no replies from this guy, and to be honest I don't think I get them.

THANKS !
Jorge

Galactus

Dec 28, 2009
London
can you upload the sample movie with no stuttering and working AF and AE on SCEF02 ?

I will do one tonight :good:

Hi Dramatik Beats:
you have turned on a light of hope to the ones that have SCEF02 module.

Can you please confirm if you were testing beta 8 under ICS 4.0.3 or other rom?
In addition, could you please include your video settings?
I would also like to know if you got a grainy video at 1920 with this beta version, because with GB 2.3.6 lgcamera also avoids sttutering at 1920X1080 resolution, but the video was so grainy that it is better to use 1080X720 resolution instead.

Thanks and lot, my friend!

Jorge

1080p never looked that great to me in the first place because of the zoom in so I just stick to 720p. I did test 1080p just to see if it would stutter which it didn't. But the whole zoom in thing is not for me.

Only things I've changed are:
Focus Mode: Continuous Video
Video Encoder: H.264
Video File Format: MP4
Video Bitrate: 20Mbit
Audio Bitrate 204800
Stereo Mode Enabled

Rom: Resurrection Remix 2.6 (ICS 4.0.4 AOKP)

So am I in the right place if I look for a camera app for SGS2 which can use the power or volume buttons as shutter buttons and still looks like the original camera app which I like very much?
Please don't be mean. Thanks.

Don't know of any that look like the original camera app, haven't used to many camera apps but you can pick shutter buttons with lgcamera

Edit: After looking at the old videos I made and some new ones it looks like the focus mode is FIXED rather than auto focusing when using continuous video mode. Auto Exposure works FINE and things at a certain distance auto focus to a CERTAIN DEGREE like people and big objects etc. Logos on items and writing on speakers and boxes however are NOTICEABLY blurrier though. Touch to focus also doesn't work when using continuous video (you get the red box). Apologize to anyone who got their hopes up. To sum it up, continuous video focus mode looks pretty good for 720p recordings. The horrible stuttering is gone and the fps stays at 29 all the time. Auto exposure also works properly. We do however lose proper Auto Focus on our camera. I will upload the test video I did earlier and you will see that the writing on my speakers is readable but nothing compared to when proper auto focus kicks in. I'm sure Burgscheinkerkdeiktraast will be able to correct me on some of the mistakes I've made regarding focus modes etc if there are any.

Video 1 - 1080p Stutter Test

Video 2 - Room Test 720p

Video 3 - Room Test 1080p

Last edited:

Burgscheinkerkdeiktraast

Aug 7, 2011
According to what you are telling me, I think that it's time for me to move to ICS.
The thing is that I read in some forums that ICS 4.0.3 has some bugs and only 4.0.4 is much better, so I planned to wait till that version for my S2 because my phone is pretty fast right now.
However if I want to get this "touch to focus" feature it seems that I need to update to ICS.
Well, I use 4.0.3. LPG and I don't see problems at all except fact battery will be drained more. Touch to focus is really great feature which I couldn't live without. Finally *I decide* what should be focused, what not.
I'd move if I were you to 4.0.3, because 4.0.4 can be later... much later knowing Samsung.

By the way, I never had the chance to congratulate you for the excellent review that you have in your signature's link.
I am always sending it to an engineer in Samsung Korea almost once a week since May to explain him the problem that SCEF02 module has (I know that he worked in the programming of the firmwares).
Your notes and examples are great but so far I've got no replies from this guy, and to be honest I don't think I get them.
Thanks, there are some typos which revealed after gaining more info by the thime but most things are correct.
And you will not get response from them :)

I found my sound problem compared to the default camcorder. I should have checked "camera (if available) option in aduio settings in lgCamera. OMG

Here to compare:

Default camcorder:

lgCamera - Audio - Camera (if available): 48000Khz/320000 bits

lgCamera - Audio - Microphone: 48000Khz/320000 bits

Last edited:
Reactions: re-2007

MeX_DK

Jan 10, 2011
Fredericia
Well, I use 4.0.3. LPG and I don't see problems at all except fact battery will be drained more. Touch to focus is really great feature which I couldn't live without. Finally *I decide* what should be focused, what not.
I'd move if I were you to 4.0.3, because 4.0.4 can be later... much later knowing Samsung.

4.0.4 is out for the galaxy S2. Only in European version tho and it has a few issues. But it's out

AbstractCat

Jul 2, 2012
I think that the developer should focus and to strengthen only the part video of the application. For the photos there are a lot of other alternatives.

Btw...someone can post the best configuration for video rec??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Theres a new camera firmware update now for galaxy s2.

First of all please check your existing camera firmware version by typing *#34971539# and then press Phone/CAM FW Ver Check.

Then you can either get the apk from Samsung Apps application on your phone. Or download the firmware update apk which I have attached to this post. The application should tell you if your camera needs the update or not.

To get from Samsung Apps Click on Featured Tab then click New. Then choose the Galaxy S2 Camera Firmware update application. If you can't find it go to search and type 'camera' or something.

Click download then run it.

Then do *#34971539# again and check your Phone/Cam Fw version.

Then everyone please post like below :

Please post both values it gives you. Your Cam FW and Phone FW

Before update:

Cam FW : OCED11
    Phone FW: OCED11
    On Firmware : KE7

After Update :

Cam FW : OCEE09
    Phone FW: OCED11
    On Firmware : KE7 (UK Generic)

You could also post if you notice any new changes with the camera :)

On another note : Is it not possible to dissassemble the camerafirmware apk below, and find out whats changed / or find out anything interesting ?
    Hi,

here is a mirror with all files in one rar: http://ul.to/w0kxauck (compressed: 5,83MB / decompressed: 52,9MB)

bqlbx5l4p4ng.png

with friendly greet

starbase64
    LG Camera 6.4b2
    Added some improvements to SGS2/Note and HTC One X.
    It seems no longer stretches the image vertically.
    Guys, some news here. Well, not some great news but some news.

I have contacted Samsung Electro-Mechanics, the responsible for "SC" type camera modules, as posted here in some page.

I've emailed them and explained the problem. I've said too about Infuse 4G firmware, that works in our Galaxy S2 "SC" camera modules and explained about that the SIEGO3 firmware of Infuse works very well for our Galaxy S2 and told the problem about the Flash not working i specific conditions (assited light for auto-focus and light for video recording).

Well, I've got the response that the SCEE07 and SCEE09 firmwares are firmwares "before" commercial release. And the SCEF02 is the latest.

The email that I send to them was not responded to me directly. It was replyied from Samsung Elctronics, with the responde of the engineer fo Samsung electro-Mechanics.

It was told that SIEGO03 (Infuse 4G) Firmware were based on Galaxy S camera modules, and they told too that they have the same camera modules (how is that possible, Galaxy S have 5mp and Infuse 4G 8mp....)

Quoting the soe part of the answer: " The Firmware compatibility with Infuse 4G(It assumes that SGH-I997), some features are working because the I997’s firmware is based on Galaxy S( The Image sensor of both model is same).

However, if he overwrite infuse 4G firmware, some function may not working and there may be picture quality issue."

They said too that don't have sure if "mine" (ours "SC") are theirs or from the others competitors camera modules.

They said that "there is no is no difference in feature and performance between 2 company’s camera module."

I think that may be true, but the "SC" firmware is not "ideal" in low light condition.

Any way, I've send it another email to Samsung electronics (the one that replyed the Engineers response) asking him about the problem and there was another email attached to contact Samsung Too.

I'll wait to know how will be the response of the other guy who emailed me and lets see how I will proceed after that.

Cross your fingers for me to have a fast resolve for us.
    Below is a link to the newest firmware, as far as i know it`s OCEF02

Any risk is yours, if the flash fails and your camera dies.

http://www.mediafire.com/?596b6p8l23ld5bc

SC20110623-145627-1.jpg

Anyone have the latest update available for download? I'm in the US and it seems that Samsung Apps checks the SIM card and won't allow updates in this region.