New camera performance, quality and flash brightness

Search This thread

Sydrox

Nov 4, 2014
Hi there,

So according to Sony the new camera is suppose to be something out of this world. but due to the horrible performance. I had my iphone 4's photos side by side with my z3c and I couldn't tell the difference for most.Therefore, I am very skeptical about what the new camera actually offers.

Another major issue for me was the flash on the phone. Since my first phone with a flash I found it very useful to have as a flash light. the Z3c however was a major disappointment in that area as my old iphone 4 outperforms it by far.

So what I'd like to see is a few photos from the z5c (night time aswell with flash).
Also, I'd like to hear your opinions regarding the new camera/flash and how well they performs

RiTCHiE007

Jun 22, 2011
Hi there,

So according to Sony the new camera is suppose to be something out of this world. but due to the horrible performance. I had my iphone 4's photos side by side with my z3c and I couldn't tell the difference for most.Therefore, I am very skeptical about what the new camera actually offers.

Another major issue for me was the flash on the phone. Since my first phone with a flash I found it very useful to have as a flash light. the Z3c however was a major disappointment in that area as my old iphone 4 outperforms it by far.

So what I'd like to see is a few photos from the z5c (night time aswell with flash).
Also, I'd like to hear your opinions regarding the new camera/flash and how well they performs

Dude, did you even search on google? Lots of samples pictures there. And yes its much better because the z3c camera is pretty ****.

thesebastian

Sep 25, 2012
Barcelona
If I compare a zoomed photo between the Z5 and the LG G4 or Samsung S6, I can see a poor quality coming from the Z5.
For instance, I'm talking about the 2nd sample from this link. Go to the chart called "Xperia Z5 vs Z3 vs 6 Plus vs S6 vs G4 indoor camera samples", then find the 2nd group of pictures. Double click on the candle with the label that says "REWINED" (in order to zoom the photo) and compare the quality between the Z5 and the G4/S6.

However, what If we use another camera, like "Google Camera"? I would love to see how the Z5 family work with that camera and know if the quality improves or dimish.

itaq

Sep 29, 2015
Here are some pictures I just took using z5c stock camera app:
Imgur gallery: imgur. com/a/5eCzj
Original files: dropbox .com/s/mvw6ytn5181ciro/stockcamera.zip?dl=0

Here are some images taken with Google's camera app (play. google. com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.GoogleCamera&hl=en):
Imgur galler: imgur .com/a/6MgKJ
Original files: dropbox .com/s/km63872x7lns5ty/googleCameraApp.zip?dl=0

If someone would be in doubt that I have the phone:
imgur .com/a/B0Gjf

PS. Sorry for not posting proper links. This is my second post and I am not allowed to post links yet. DS.
EDIT: Sorry, forgot the second imgur link.
EDIT2: remove quote...

thesebastian

Sep 25, 2012
Barcelona
Here are some pictures I just took using z5c stock camera app:
Imgur gallery: imgur. com/a/5eCzj
Original files: dropbox .com/s/mvw6ytn5181ciro/stockcamera.zip?dl=0

Here are some images taken with Google's camera app (play. google. com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.GoogleCamera&hl=en):
Imgur galler: imgur .com/a/6MgKJ
Original files: dropbox .com/s/km63872x7lns5ty/googleCameraApp.zip?dl=0

If someone would be in doubt that I have the phone:
imgur .com/a/B0Gjf

PS. Sorry for not posting proper links. This is my second post and I am not allowed to post links yet. DS.
EDIT: Sorry, forgot the second imgur link.
EDIT2: remove quote...

Thanks for that info!

The "Stock Camera" seems to be a bit better than the "Google camera".
However both cameras are nice for me.

There is one thing with the Google camera that i don't understand. The "Size".
If you compare the first sample, there is a big difference in the size (969KB vs 2,67MB).

P.S.: Did you try "HDR" (if available) in the Google Camera?

Last edited:

itaq

Sep 29, 2015
Thanks for that info!

The "Stock Camera" seems to be a bit better than the "Google camera".
However both cameras are nice for me.

There is one thing with the Google camera that i don't understand. The "Size".
If you compare the first sample, there is a big difference in the size (969KB vs 2,67MB).

P.S.: Did you try "HDR" (if available) in the Google Camera?
When looking at the settings in Google Camera, I can only use 8.3 MP for the back camera. Save location is off and there is no option for HDR.

Reactions: thesebastian

thesebastian

Sep 25, 2012
Barcelona
When looking at the settings in Google Camera, I can only use 8.3 MP for the back camera. Save location is off and there is no option for HDR.

Thanks, I just sent this information using the "Feedback" function within the app. I hope is just something that can be fixed with an app update (something like "add support for Z5 phones" ).

Last edited:

masi0

Jan 27, 2008
Warsaw
so far I can't complain. definitely no artifitial noise reduction when zomming photos.

bgpfh0.jpg

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone