New CM9 Tease Posted by RC for p930

Search This thread
Mar 11, 2012
Interesting, I always assumed that core CM was developed by a group and then modified individually by teams and distributed at their own discretion. Like Linux. Apparently that's not the case.

Does anyone know how it works? Do development teams/individuals submit their additions for a particular device to CM as modules for review and distribution?

raytraceme

Dec 23, 2011
New Hyde Park, NY
i wish i can but no matter what i do my battery loses a % every minute or 2 when I use the phone and that is pissing me off. Also the scrolling lag on the web browser and ugly (not optimized for 720p) ui are other thing on top of that. I used to have the gnex but financial issues made me cut back down to the nitro and so its pretty annoying going from ics to gingerbread.

stephensonbrady

Sep 26, 2010
thousand oaks
Maybe talk to your carrier about a replacement because it sounds like your phone is having a lot of issues unrelated to the os... I'm on stock nitro and have not had nearly the issues or battery drain that you've had... I'd hate for cm9 to be released and it still not fix the issues.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda premium

raytraceme

Dec 23, 2011
New Hyde Park, NY
I really dont care since i will be upgrading to the s3 soon since i do have 2 upgrades coming. BUt thanks for the help. I did do some tweaks that help me make it 3-4 min. a % so i will try to not notice it until cm9 comes. But tbqh I am not the only one with an issue with its battery life as i have read on the nitro forums many people have an issue with the battery life.

stephensonbrady

Sep 26, 2010
thousand oaks
that's cool man, i'm glad you were hopefully able to get a quick fix for at least the battery issue until cm9. i'll have to browse a little more on the forum to see if i can squeeze any more battery if possible. can never have too much juice...

hereric

Oct 27, 2010
also dude, the battery life gets continually better on the phone, I found that my battery life has increased considerably from when I got the phone about 2 months ago.

blaineball

May 6, 2009
also dude, the battery life gets continually better on the phone, I found that my battery life has increased considerably from when I got the phone about 2 months ago.

This is for sure... I do not know why. It must rely heavily on battery stats to manage power consumption. Early on you could almost watch the battery gague drop. Now I can get a solid 10-12 hours. Not great, but with a charger in car and at desk I am rarely in a pinch for power.

I also agree about CM9... I cannot wait for the lid to blow off the dev scene for this device. FYI - I will chip in cash money for an MIUI rom!!!

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone