[NEW CORE - 19900] Tomal's - v7.7: WM6.1 Pro

Search This thread

tomal

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2006
liana-tech.com
New Core of WM6.1 Pro - CE OS 5.2.19900 (Build 19900.1.0.2) with "12.5 MB Flashdisk".

There are so many ROM's (from the different builds) are floting around. But few of them I discovered has less database mess (i.e. Build 18188, 19400 and 19900). Finally, I decided to build my next rom based on 19900 and I would stick on that for some time (until I find another).

Changes and Features of v7.7:

-- New WM6.1 Core + OS (Build 19900)
-- New Memory Manager / Auto hibernate
-- New Advanced Config tool (by Schap) with custom config
-- New System Tray (delete link from startup if you don't like)
-- New Enhanced OEM Drivers and DirectShow filters
-- New (replaced) 6-button CommManager
-- New (replaced) Calculator
-- Fixed IRDA issue
-- Fixed ActiveSync over BT
-- Fixed external connection creation issue (e.g. BT under connection menu)
-- Fixed SMS backup/restore problem (by PIM Backup)
-- Updated DF's Task Manager / Registry Editor 3.0
-- Increased Glyph cache and Filesystem cache
-- GPRS call timer (on Connection bubble)

-- SD/SDHC support and driver switch-over tool (thanx OllieD for coding support)
-- ArcSoft MMS Composer 4.2 (max. MMS size set to 2MB)
-- TCPMP 0.72
-- BT FTP explorer
-- WkTask 1.1.7.3c (by waku) Task manager
-- Camera Application (Build 25626)
-- TodayAgenda 1.10 today plugin
-- WM5torage 1.78 (USB HDD Emulation)
-- Total Commander 2.5
-- Adobe Reader LE 2.0 (optimized)
-- Performance/overclocking applet (default 624 MHz)
-- DF's PIM Backup 2.8 (for contact, sms/mms etc. backup)
-- SynchroTime (by Grachov) for Internet time sync
-- PocketRAR 3.71 (with .zip/.rar association)
-- File-Dialog changer (for file browser enhancement)
-- Voice notification & ringtones
-- Improved Video renderer (game play should be OK now)
-- NetCF 3.5 and SQLCE 3.5
-- Improved Phone response
-- PIE hi-res support
-- Source filter issue resolved
-- SMS mode set to Threaded (no more back/restore issue)
-- Image size and compression issue of MMS Composer resolved
-- Managed Program applet removed (due to Class not registered error)
-- STK srvice and all the common utilities
-- SMS delivery fix (by Saman)
-- Set default search to Google (desktop) search
-- PIE cache (temp, cockies & history) relocated to the root (\IE Cache) for easy cleaning
-- PIE cache limit set to unlimited and tweaked to get best performance
-- Enhanced wifi driver with WPA workaround
-- Set default dev-id and BT name to "Universal"
-- Disabled incoming beams (to save battery)
-- Disabled today plugins - Date, Appointments & Tasks (replaced by TodayAgenda)
-- Almost all the Today item set to hidden (Unhide from Today settings, if needed)
-- Exe's & Dll's transformed to module (wherever possile)
-- Registry type set to file-based (instead of buffer-based)
-- Some performance tweaks
-- Unlock/Unhiding tool for extROM

-- Should work on G3/G4 both devices
-- 12.5 MB Flashdisk (for G3/G4 both devices)
-- PagePool - 5.6 MB
-- 128 MB RAM Support (may need to set PP => 0)

*Cab on Flashdisk (need to be installed manually, if required):

-- Windows Live
-- Transcriber

[Delete the "Software" folder under flashdisk if you don't need the provided CAB's]

I would appreciate a little DONATION. :)

Current Build v7.7:

http://vidmes.com/xda/Uni/ROMs/Tomal/TML_v77_WM61_19900_19900_1_0_2.exe

Old Build v7.6:

http://vidmes.com/xda/Uni/ROMs/Tomal/TML_v76_WM61_19209_19209_1_0_2.exe

Empty ExtROM (optional):

http://vidmes.com/xda/Uni/ROMs/Tomal/Tomal_ExtROM.rar

Special thanx to:

Bepe, Mamaich, Misar, DFT team, thingonaspring, TehPenguin and all other friends for their support in different areas.

Again, special thanx to the beta testers for their support for catching bugs.

Cheers,

//Tomal

Last edited:

tomal

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2006
liana-tech.com
Useful Information

I'm having so many email's and PM's to provide the info for building the ROM using Flashdisk (FD) and I thought I would provide some general info so that it would help our friends to get at least the preliminary questions answered.

• What is Flash disk (FD)?
    FD is the additional space usually un-utilized in the ROM (nk.nba). FD has no effect to the space allocated for regular storage (36 - 40 MB). Having FD means, your net storage is: Regular storage + FD. i.e. 40 + 15 = 55 MB.

• How to make FD working?
    Anyway, my (v7.x) ROM has a 15 MB FD; if you look on the nk.nba then you should find it the offset between 03060000 - 03EFFFFF.

There is a 512 bytes MBR starting from the beginning and then the FAT table. This is just like a physical disk and formatted using regular FAT12 ensuring the device compatibility issue. You need to be bit careful during the ROM building process. Overwriting/overlapping can damage the MBR/FAT header and disk won't be recognized by the OS. The best or easiest idea is to verify the mentioned offset by a hex editor before the ROM getting encoded or flashed.

03060000h: EB 3C 90 4D 53 44 4F 53 35 2E 30 00 02 08 02 00 ; ë<MSDOS5.0.....
    03060010h: 02 00 02 00 75 F8 0B 00 3F 00 FF 00 00 83 01 00 ; ....uø..?.ÿ..ƒ.
    03EFFFF0h: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ; ................

XIP of this ROM is very important or you may completely loose the FD functionality. Last but not least, most of the (OEM) drivers of this ROM are inter-dependant and exchanging may cause an unstable or non-functional ROM. You need to be careful during exchange.

Please note that, I have a few PM’s that the Hypercore kitchen is somehow unable to handle the FD but I don’t know why as I don’t use this kitchen so I’m sorry to answer.

• How to configure MMS?
    Create a blank MMS and tap on Menu, Options>Message Options>Servers. Now, tap on New and you can enter the servers parameters here.

• Why I can't receive files over BT?
    Tap on Start and then Settings>Connections>Beam, check on "Receive all incomming beams". Now, open BT setting under Comm Manager and enable file sharing under FTP tab. I hope you would be able to send/receive files over BT. But please note that, BT Explorer may not work on some cases so the best possible option is to send the files directly from other (paired) device and you should find the files under "\My Documents".

• How to RESET / SUSPEND device?
    Tap or Tap+Hold on the top-right of the today bar and then Functions>Reboot ...

Best of luck.
ENJOY!!!

//Tomal

Last edited:

wout

Jul 2, 2005
Snapvue

Hi Ranju,

First off all thanks, testing now ...

first thing I noticed, no snapvue ;(
can you post a cab ?

further,
camera ok.
email creation after starting camera ok.
fast ok
some nice little extras.... very ok !

will test further,

again thank you,

greetings,

Wout

WM 6.1 pro

These roms are nice and slick,thanks for your efforts. What memory is left at start up on this one please. What makes you think it will be buggy?
Regards
Jay

Update......
OK! So I couldn't wait!
Memory at first start is 39.45 mb storage and 21.94 mb programs, only bug found till now is tapping on wireless today plugin doesn't do anything (if it was supposed to)

Take care
Jay

Last edited:

ahmed45

Jan 15, 2008
htc .commanager fix. download it itll do the job

thanks ranju this rom looks like a good cook,ive been tryn to cook my own rom but i dont hav enough ram on my laptop

myagkiy

Aug 2, 2007
Thanks Ranju for your permanent efforts in creation of stable ROMs. Your latest ROM is the fastest and stable for me. Very good job. Thanks. :)

QTEK9000
64 RAM

fibsi

Dec 12, 2006
sms/mms

very cool image, no hang up yet

very fast

PERFECT!!!!!

but

it would be nice, if sms/mms have separate folders! (i try to install arcsoft composer again)

after softreset, programhistory won't be cleared, is there any way to change this?

Last edited:

churchillp

Nov 1, 2006
Well done Ranju. Whilst I have not done any significant testing on this ROM, I trust it's just as fast as your previous ROMs.

One thing worries me though. I noticed that the Potocol Version is still 42.42.P8 and the ExtROM version is still 1.30.162 WWE and conseqyuently installing the Old O2 programs like "Active " and "HotSpots Directory".

Available free Program memory is down to 25.75MB. Is there a way I can Erase the ExtROM and re-flash this ROM?

ultravox

Oct 30, 2006
Thx for this release.

Almost got my 1st heartache. flash error at 99%, 1st time!!!!:confused:
2nd try worked OK.:p

I changed SD drivers, to use my old SD.

1st try didn't work. Reverted to SDHC drivers, and SD didn't work after sleep ( that's normal ).
Switched back to SD again and on the 2nd try, worked ok. SD works after sleep.

As usual I will decode the ROM to learn a bit more.
DFT was also nice, but the ROM structure isn't the best. Lots of files and apps in OEMAPPS, which makes customize a hard job.
I was surprised by some apps in extended rom. Opera is not launching.

GSM is not default mode. It is set to auto.

Tomorrow I'll post more information about the ROM experience.

StevePritchard

Dec 27, 2005
Frodsham, Cheshire, UK
Thx for this release.

Almost got my 1st heartache. flash error at 99%, 1st time!!!!:confused:
2nd try worked OK.:p

I changed SD drivers, to use my old SD.

1st try didn't work. Reverted to SDHC drivers, and SD didn't work after sleep ( that's normal ).
Switched back to SD again and on the 2nd try, worked ok. SD works after sleep.

As usual I will decode the ROM to learn a bit more.
DFT was also nice, but the ROM structure isn't the best. Lots of files and apps in OEMAPPS, which makes customize a hard job.
I was surprised by some apps in extended rom. Opera is not launching.

GSM is not default mode. It is set to auto.

Tomorrow I'll post more information about the ROM experience.

Interestingly, I got the failure at 99% first time, and it worked second time around.

I've had a single hang so far, but that could be down to the default overclocking. I've switched that off for now, so that should give a better indication of the general stability. So far though, it looks great, although I prefer SMS and MMS to be in separate folders.

The reworked IE for VGA is better than the version (in my opinion) than in the DarkForce release, and the "bug" listed that zoom in the context menu doesn't work, seems to work fine for me.

[Bug Report]
One issue I've noticed is that the width of the editors in Pocket Outlook (in common with a few other ROMs I've tried) seems to be a little bit too wide, and this causes a horizontal scrollbar to appear unnecessarily.

Cheers,

Steve.

Last edited:

hardeep

Oct 2, 2007
Kajang
www.MemorableStudios.com
Day 1 Report

After 16 hours of use, no problems and no crashes/freezes... 1st time syncing is much much faster...

Good job,

Just highlight a few points of improvement.

1. Set the all SDHC block transfer rate to 64kbyte as it will give better and balanced performanced in TCPMP (played 1.5 hours DVD resolution movie, never paused at all) Windows Media Player...

2. Set the performance overclocking to 520MHz to better stability. Power users can manually set it to 624MHz

Cheers,

Will have more to report soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Snapvue!!!

Agree
    Please pos a cab, I had freeze Uni when recieving a call with Snapvue
    Is there anew improved (Not eating so much memory) version?

Thanks

Gracias
    sum issues

what is oxim hibernate ???(doesnt works)
    also cannot configure yahoo on it, i mean even from im+ cant sign in2 yahoo

also can any1 giv me the link 2 download radio 1.15.
    or rom which contains radio 1.15 so as i can extract... plz
    Hidden accounts

So you could try setting up the yahoo account with a completely different name to what you have been trying so far (with the one's that don't appear), if that's possible.
    Hope this is some help.

Seems something related to the characters used in the name: putting '.' or '!' (e.g. Yahoo.com or Yahoo!) causes the account to be created but not shown by the messaging applet (PIMBackup allows to select it for backup/restore, this means that the account has been created), creating it without those characters work perfectly. I don't know if there is any other 'special' characters that produces this strange behaviour. Now I have 4 hidden account that I can't remove. Does anybody have a clue about that? :D

Marco.
    A little search, and you will find!

mu uni is stuck in boot splash...tried to do HR a couple of times but its still stuck, i also tried to put it in bootloader mode and re-flashed my uni but still up to now it is stuck n boot splash screen. anybody who has encountered the same problem? RANJU... can you help me!!! :confused::(:eek:

DOPOD 900
    ROM: Ranju 7.4
    RADIO: 1.04

Guess what i found in the WIKI??

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=Instructions for those stuck on Boot Screen

Guys... come on.. please READ THE WIKI!
    few issue with 7.7

skype , fring r not working...
    eats a lot of battery is it because im using radio 1.17, with ranjus7.7...
    suggest me a radio which eats less battery..
    thanx

what do u mean by " kept power management on." whr is it???