NEW DEV TEAM - TeamXE

Search This thread

KkdGab

Jun 28, 2014
Auckland
Anyways, I know how to port for unsupported devices.
Here's my github: (nothing really, I did my port for my friend on his account]
https://github.com/KkdGab

EDIT; NVM, don't own this device, If I can help on any way just tell me

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0100

Last edited:

KkdGab

Jun 28, 2014
Auckland
HI!

NEW DEV TEAM DEDICATED TO XE!!!!

IF YOU WANT TO JOIN POST YOUR GITHUB ACCOUNT BELOW!!!!!!!!!!

WORKING ON PROJECTS... CM10 etc.

Also, I am free to create a cm rom right now, may I start?

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Question seconded.

Plus, I made a little something, might be nice in Zeus. It's not exactly stable, and it's ramdisk-related so can't do in kernel source. But it might be first in the world. (literally) How should I add it?

Is it a add-on for the kernel? Just make a repo for it

KkdGab

Jun 28, 2014
Auckland
Actually, it's a triple recovery. CWM + TWRP + Philz. CWM and Philz are from CM11, and neither of them can mount internal storage yet. Hoping to fix that soon, though...

So there is going to be a boot loader that has the option of booting into one of them?:D

NSDCars5

Feb 17, 2013
Over there
nsood.in
So there is going to be a boot loader that has the option of booting into one of them?:D

When you have CM10 and Hades kernel, the phone shows a blue light for TWRP, green for CWM, right? Same way, now you get pink for Philz too. :D

Wait... you're the one who doesn't have an E, right? The E doesn't have a recovery partition - the recovery has to be built into the kernel ramdisk. There was a kernel with two recoveries - I simply extended that and added three recoveries to the kernel ramdisk, and options to boot into all.

TiVON

Aug 17, 2014
Gotham
If you want to build a properly working CM10 there is a lot of work to do.

jjm34's device repos are messed up and incomplete. No offence to him, or any of his skills but it's even a wonder the ROM boots.

It would be best to start from scratch, but that's a pain.

I do not own the device anymore, but for my current phone(the almighty bacon :D)there already is a ton of development so I think you guys would appreciate my help more than they do.

Anyway, I'll have another look at the source again this Saturday to see what I can do.

-Peace

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Actually, cut the triple recovery, at least on stock. CM11, maybe, but stock won't work - vold managed partitions in KitKat recoveries don't show up with stock.

If you really want to, I might know a way to do it, but Xperia devices have always been annoying things to build kernels for.

Anyway, it would require a lot of "hacking" and chopping up code to work, but it might be possible.

Again, why would you want it?

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Oh, and your CM11 source is also messy. You merge commits like it's nothing and don't organise them. Make a list of errors and eliminate them one by one.

Don't do all sorts of stuff at the same time, it causes confusion for others who want to check your source.

I shouldn't be such a know-it-all, but I always am, sorry. :p

Please don't take this the wrong way.

NSDCars5

Feb 17, 2013
Over there
nsood.in
If you really want to, I might know a way to do it, but Xperia devices have always been annoying things to build kernels for.
---
Anyway, it would require a lot of "hacking" and chopping up code to work, but it might be possible.

---
Oh, and your CM11 source is also messy. You merge commits like it's nothing and don't organise them. Make a list of errors and eliminate them one by one.

Don't do all sorts of stuff at the same time, it causes confusion for others who want to check your source.

Maybe we could restart CM10 from FXP? That's supposed to be okay, right?
---
For fun? For science? For Sparta? Dunno. :p If it's heavy work, let's not waste time on it, I was just doing it to have something to do. :p
---
Meh, it's advice. Advice is good. I'm not doing CM11 right now (couldn't get the hang of it), but hey, whatever.

iH8Ecchi

Jan 27, 2014
Planeptune
---
For fun? For science? For Sparta? Dunno. :p If it's heavy work, let's not waste time on it, I was just doing it to have something to do. :p
---
Meh, it's advice. Advice is good. I'm not doing CM11 right now (couldn't get the hang of it), but hey, whatever.
I suggest CM9. CM10 is stable now (at least for me). Also look at gsm error on ported roms.

NeoTrix

May 12, 2013
Bangalore
---
---

Yes,just like buinghia98 said,cm9 should be good IMO.
Butter smooth.
cm10 also builds up lag eventually.

xperiathunder

Oct 2, 2014
guyz but cm10 is also important cm9 will smooth but we cant enjoy our jellybean features, we get same and same bug when any rom is ported using cm10 as a base

Sent from my C1605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    But I'm already syncing CM10 sour- fine. :p But I'm 99% sure it'll never be finished. :p

Hi!

CM10: I have got CM10 fully working with jjm34 source code, its just picking out correct repo's from his manifest apart from that the rom compiles without issues and works great. He has used a lot of source code from the code aurora forum which has discontinued support for msm7x27a.
    If you want to build a properly working CM10 there is a lot of work to do.

jjm34's device repos are messed up and incomplete. No offence to him, or any of his skills but it's even a wonder the ROM boots.

I do not own the device anymore, but for my current phone(the almighty bacon :D)there already is a ton of development so I think you guys would appreciate my help more than they do.

Anyway, I'll have another look at the source again this Saturday to see what I can do.

-Peace

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Actually, cut the triple recovery, at least on stock. CM11, maybe, but stock won't work - vold managed partitions in KitKat recoveries don't show up with stock.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Video recording?[I guess no] *Asks though he knows the answer*
    Btw,I suggest you stay on cm10 for a while. Reboot the phone sometimes just to check if gsm bug is still present.
    But if things are good like you said,It's awesome.
    Maybe we could receive some cm10 based ports like PA.

I can never get CM10 ports to work because I don't know what RIL is used and I think its incorporated into framework.jar also its not defined in build.prop
    What About Resting Now and wait for Android L to be released { maybe 16/10 } and make an unofficial build of CM12 {when released} ....
    For Now , I think that You Should make the team that will work on this ROM and develop it .
    You are true that CM9 And ICS is kinda outdated now and many apps and features will not work on it .. So it is not a good idea
    CM10 is approximtly Stable So it doesn't need development { except for the camera which will take long time if you try to fix it }
    So i think that working on Android L and trying to make it the first { and last } ROM that has no bug would be the best Case
    I know that it is hard but i think that will be the best Thing that could be Done :)

CM10 is not stable. If you use it long enough, your gsm stop working.

Sent from my C1505 using XDA Free mobile app
    I think the best option right now is to try and make CM9. CM10 is slower and hard to fix, so trying out CM9 is a good idea: It might not have bugs/ less bugs overall. My theory: The older the android version,the easier and less complicated it is to compile/port.

Not necessarily. For example, porting Gingerbread to, say, the Xperia Z3 would be really hard.

CM9 doesn't have support of any kind for the E. CM10 at least has an FXP device tree to start with. It'll actually be easier to port CM10.

Plus, unless you're gaming, the difference between stock JB and stock ICS is barely noticeable (both on 1 Ghz). CM10 vs CM9 should be the same - only gamers would have any use for it. And I'm pretty sure nobody buys the Xperia E for its gaming prowess. :p
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone