New Developments on ZTE Axon M

Search This thread

Blake0902

May 20, 2019
Looking for possible ways to remove bloatware on the phone. Leaving the stock rom as I am thinking with the little support out there in these threads that it is buggy at best.

With the phone dropping to $125 on Amazon I was thinking that maybe some support/interest would pick up on a unique device like this one. Especially with the Galaxy Fold becoming a total flop.

Thanks,
Blake

Reactions: ANTICHRISTJC
Looking for possible ways to remove bloatware on the phone. Leaving the stock rom as I am thinking with the little support out there in these threads that it is buggy at best.

With the phone dropping to $125 on Amazon I was thinking that maybe some support/interest would pick up on a unique device like this one. Especially with the Galaxy Fold becoming a total flop.

Thanks,
Blake

adb shell commands work here is everything i used
"adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.aetherpal.attdh.zte
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.att.android.attsmartwifi
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.att.callprotect
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.att.mobile.android.vvm
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.att.mobilesecurity
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.att.myWireless
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.dti.att
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.appmanager
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.katana
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.system
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.docs
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.sheets
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.slides
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.photos
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.tachyon
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.gm
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.marvin.talkback
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.youtube
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.zte.ambs
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.zte.weather
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 net.aetherpal.device"

apocalypse_bg

May 27, 2010
Huawei Mate 20 X
I'm very tempted to pull the trigger, as for that price, seems like an option to buy into the foldable phones (compared to $2000 sasmung and $2600 huawei) and if somehow this gets a port of Android Q which supports foldables, might be quite a nice device despite it's faults.

However, despite being sim unlocked I don't see a way for bootloader unlocking, which would be a pre-requisite for any custom development...

I wonder if someone tried some of the stuff that's available for the Axon 7, as my guess would be that they are probably rather similar on HW level (excluding the second screen and lack of second camera)...

Last edited:
G

GuestK00251

I'm very tempted to pull the trigger, as for that price, seems like an option to buy into the foldable phones (compared to $2000 sasmung and $2600 huawei) and if somehow this gets a port of Android Q which supports foldables, might be quite a nice device despite it's faults.

However, despite being sim unlocked I don't see a way for bootloader unlocking, which would be a pre-requisite for any custom development...

I wonder if someone tried some of the stuff that's available for the Axon 7, as my guess would be that they are probably rather similar on HW level (excluding the second screen and lack of second camera)...

the firehose is available for this device you can change the partitions with edl mode on your device and flash twrp

Firehose list:

Axon M:https://forum.xda-developers.com/axon-m/development/rom-zte-axon-m-stock-firmware-firehose-t3909847

Axon 7:https://forum.xda-developers.com/axon-7/development/edl-emergency-dl-mode-twrp-unlock-t3553514

Axon 7 mini:https://forum.xda-developers.com/ax...ck-tuliptool-unlock-twrp-custom-boot-t3682781

Axon 9:https://forum.xda-developers.com/axon-9/development/rom-edl-sd-stock-firmware-firehose-t3910878

Axon 10:https://forum.xda-developers.com/axon-10-pro/how-to/firmware-zte-axon-10-pro-ch-eu-edl-sd-t3934664

Trek 2:https://forum.xda-developers.com/trek-2/development/unlock-tuliptool-unlock-twrp-custom-t3932241 by @tdm It is not mine

Zmax Pro:https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/ztezmax-pro-edl-tool-flash-backup-t3877804

Blade Z Max:https://community.zteusa.com/discus...e-bootloader-and-install-twrp-100-with-proofs

Last edited:

jdapp

Jan 23, 2016
Jemini thank you for the adb shell commands. Is there a way to figure out the names for other programs? I want to get rid of drive mode, play movies and TV, drive, and a couple of others.

Separately I got rid of Google but had to add it back in for Android auto (only use it when traveling) from the play store. I was hoping I would be able to delete it when through since it wasn't a system app now. That does not appear to be the case as it won't let me delete it. Any thoughts on how to fix that or is it just case of I will need to use the shell command every time?

ArthurGD3

Sep 2, 2019
Really appreciate this command list. One of the biggest issues I have is I want to make the display size smaller, this is possibly a DPI issue, the smallest font and display options for me are still too big and I'd like to be able to fit more on screen.

Thanks guys.

V3rdeV1ntage

Aug 14, 2016
This phone deserves Android 10

Preview:
It's a great phone actually strong hinge and that second screen is dope. The only problem I'd have with it Ultimately is the OS verison. Android 7.0 is too far back for me. Sense Android is now embracing the foldable phones they should definitely give this phone a well needed OS update.

dimex

Nov 28, 2012

Preview:
It's a great phone actually strong hinge and that second screen is dope. The only problem I'd have with it Ultimately is the OS verison. Android 7.0 is too far back for me. Sense Android is now embracing the foldable phones they should definitely give this phone a well needed OS update.

Has there been any progress with this? I repurchased this phone and really hope someone has made an attempt or successfully rooted. With updated Android this phone would actually have some potential.

Reactions: Justine AxonM

Justine AxonM

Jan 27, 2022
ZTE Axon M
I Love this phone so much. It's same as me , Unique old big chunky.
I'm so worried I'll not be able to use it very soon. I just downloaded the Android beta 12 on my moto.
Find any good news , plz share with me thx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks,
    Blake

adb shell commands work here is everything i used
    "adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.aetherpal.attdh.zte
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.att.android.attsmartwifi
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.att.callprotect
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.att.mobile.android.vvm
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.att.mobilesecurity
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.att.myWireless
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.dti.att
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.appmanager
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.katana
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.system
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.docs
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.sheets
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.slides
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.photos
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.tachyon
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.gm
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.marvin.talkback
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.youtube
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.zte.ambs
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.zte.weather
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 net.aetherpal.device"

Thanks,
    Blake

Preview:

Has there been any progress with this? I repurchased this phone and really hope someone has made an attempt or successfully rooted. With updated Android this phone would actually have some potential.