*** New Device Forum Requests ***

Search This thread

jhonyrod

Jan 27, 2012
Tlalnepantla, Edo. Mex.
Can Poco F4 GT/ Redmi K50 Gaming edition (ingres) be added please?
At least give us the criteria or benchmarks we need to pass to get our devices' forum; it's kind of silly that the regular F4 (munch) got a device forum before the GT variant despite being launched 2 months later.
Is it userbase? Is it source code availability? Tell us what we need to do to get a proper hub!

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
At least give us the criteria or benchmarks we need to pass to get our devices' forum; it's kind of silly that the regular F4 (munch) got a device forum before the GT variant despite being launched 2 months later.
Is it userbase? Is it source code availability? Tell us what we need to do to get a proper hub!
I'm not an administrator and therefore not qualified to answer you really demanding post but I've an assumption: My XDA search with keywords "Poco F4 GT/ Redmi K50 Gaming edition (ingres)" didn't show any development thread on XDA; no ROM, no kernel, no recovery, simply nothing but forum requests in this thread and a thread in General Topics.

I suggest to make developers for this device their developments here
and their tutorials, guides or how-to's here
and I'm convinced the device will eventually get a forum and the administrators will move the existing threads into it.

Reactions: galaxys and vago0

jhonyrod

Jan 27, 2012
Tlalnepantla, Edo. Mex.
I'm not an administrator and therefore not qualified to answer you really demanding post but I've an assumption: My XDA search with keywords "Poco F4 GT/ Redmi K50 Gaming edition (ingres)" didn't show any development thread on XDA; no ROM, no kernel, no recovery, simply nothing but forum requests in this thread and a thread in General Topics.

I suggest to make developers for this device their developments here
and their tutorials, guides or how-to's here
and I'm convinced the device will eventually get a forum and the administrators will move the existing threads into it.
I really appreciate your answer, and I apologize for coming across as rude, it really wasn't my intention. I was just baffled that after so many requests there wasn't even an acknowledgement from anyone.
There are at least a couple of ROMs (xiaomi.eu, MiuiMix and EliteROM, all MIUI remixes for now) floating on the web as well as an unofficial TWRP build, and I have the vague feeling that there's some chicken-and-egg situation here, where devs don't want to post when there's no device forum (as they have their own communities over telegram or the like) and there is no device forums since there's no apparent development.
I can respect the fact that making a new forum for every single device is an impossible task, it's just a bit crazy to me that the de facto flagship of such a popular sub-brand hasn't had it's own section built yet.
Build it and they'll come as they say

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
There are at least a couple of ROMs (xiaomi.eu, MiuiMix and EliteROM, all MIUI remixes for now) floating on the web as well as an unofficial TWRP build, and I have the vague feeling that there's some chicken-and-egg situation here, where devs don't want to post when there's no device forum (as they have their own communities over telegram or the like) and there is no device forums since there's no apparent development.
I know that you're also around in
and all the development threads in there were initially posted in the forum I've linked above. I could only speculate why the developers you mentioned are not willing to follow the way the Munch developers went.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke

zedzded

Sep 20, 2011
Forum request for Motorola Edge 20 Fusion (XT2139-2), which is different than the Motorola Edge 20 Lite.

e.g., This guy almost bricked his Fusion by using code written for the Lite version.

Thanks

Reactions: ThE_MarD

azorazhai

Oct 1, 2022
Hi

Please create a forum for Redmi K50i (rebranded Indian version of redmi 11t pro) with dimensity 8100. It's becoming quite popular here and lots of people are buying it because of flagship performance at budget price.

newyashveer

Sep 23, 2016
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Pardon but you are mistaking as I'm referring to Xiaomi 11i 5g/ hypercharge/ redmi note 11 pro. code name- PISSARRO. And this one has dimensity 920 processor and we already have twrp and building lineage os and ofox but having some issues so if we could get a forum then maybe some devs will help us regarding this. Thanks
Yes please, still no forum for mi 11i 5g # pissarro

B1T3

Aug 30, 2015
Still no Motorola Moto G200 5G, although it's a very capable phone with great SoC (Snapdragon 888+) and camera (108 MP ISOCELL HM2 S5KHM2). Please, do justice to this great smartphone.

Top Liked Posts

Hi, please add section for Poco X4 GT, codename Xaga. Thanks a lot😊
    Xiaomi 12T Pro please!
    Poco-F4-GT-5G-1650708303-0-0.jpg

Poco F4 GT/ Redmi K50 Gaming edition (ingres) please

We are still waiting....
    Poco F4 GT gaming version pls
    Xiaomi 12T Pro please!
    See:

Mike
    Please post all your requests here.

The forum admins choose new device forums carefully, based on several factors. There's no guarantee your device will have a forum created here, but feel free to posts your requests in this thread :)

Please do not send me a PM asking for a forum to be added.
    Android Car Stereo Radio Head Units

There are multiple devices in this category that seem to be served by a couple of monolithic threads that currently try to cover all the topics related to them. The two main categories of device seem to be HuiFei devices serviced by this thread (currently 9118 posts) and the AN-21 U devices by this thread (currently 6484 posts). Both devices ideally would have their own sub-forum as they are quite distinct development wise however a "Android Car Stereo Radio Head Units" forum would be a substantial improvement. Thanks.
    Samsung Galaxy S Duos

Listen........................................

There should be a forum for Galaxy S Duos..since there are a lot of thread discussing further development on this device.

There are many ROMs like :

So please LISTEN..LISTEN...LISTEN...LISTEN.. to us
    A Forum for this device[Galaxy S Duos] is must
    Please Create a forum for S Duos... ASAP..!
    Please consider creating a forum specific for the SD 778 based galaxy a52s 5g. I'm sure samsung will sell a lot of these so a dedicated forum would help to avoid confusion with the regular SD 750 based galaxy A52 5g...
    Hey there, recently All of the LG Optimus L line phones, have had their Locked bootloaders hacked and now have fully functional ROOT, ClockworkMod and soon to begin cooking ROMS, thats why we need a device forums not 300 pages threads (u basicaly cant find the stuff that was posted 1week ago anymore, its a big mess there) in L7/L5 or L3 threads, ( L3 have official Cyanogen Support and soon others will have it too ) So Please Please create device forums for us... You can create them into one single big group, believe me these devices are quite popular

Device list that missing the forums:

LG Optimus L3 E400
    LG Optimus L5 E610
    LG Optimus L7 P700/P705

Device list that already have a forum:
    LG Optimus L9 (ALREADY HAVE A FORUM)