new Euro firmaware P1000XXJK5 available

Search This thread

foxmeister

Mar 10, 2008
Ealing
can someone tell me why im not getting market on jk1 and jk5

Not it that's all you can say about your problem! ;)

You need to provide more detail about your issue:

1. Are you saying the Market application is missing?
2. If it is present, are you getting an error message when you try to log in?
3. Have you checked if you are signed into GTalk ok?
4. Have you tried using both 3G and WiFi - if so, do you get different results?

Regards,

Dave

dorenthe

May 14, 2009
Hey guys,
I'm proud to have the Samsung Tab finally in my hands!

I want to ask you guys to give me some instructions to update my Galaxy.
I have some experiences to root and update the HTC desire but with the Samsung devices I'm struggling a little bit.
I want to have the Software Languages German, Dutch and English
So my specs are ->

PDA

P1000XWJJ3

Phone

P1000XXJID

CSC : P1000CPWJJ3

Build Time : 2010.10.07

Changelist : 615445

If someone could help me out it would be awesome maybe if some time left I need a instruction to Root my device as well.

thx
guys

sanderh

May 23, 2007
I just bought a SIM-lock free Tab in the Netherlands and would like to know how to update this to this new firmware. Can someone post a how-to-do this?

sanderh

May 23, 2007
and can someone plz post a step by step HOW-TO update a Tab for noobs

EDIT: I did some searching (had to do this before my post, yeah yeah, I know :))

First I read the Flash Guide .pdf a few times. I ve downloaded the NEW ODIN 1.7 upgrade utility and the P1000XXJK5 file (198mb). The things I don t understand:

The downloaded P1000XXJK5 file is a .tar file which contains files that I don t know what to do with (if I m correct the flashguide.pdf doesn t mention this file. What do I need to do with this file?
Second, there are some files that can be downloaded in the flash tools section of the site called PIT 816, 909, EUR and P1. Do I need to do something with these files too?
And third the manual says in step 7 to REMOVE the battery. I think I m not willing to risk opening my device. Is this step needed? (I m nowhere near step 7 but I would like to know this for when I get there)

Some questions that I hope ou can answer, I would hate to brick my Tab!

Keep up the good work!

greetings Sander Heijnen
the Netherlands

Last edited:

manix2000

Mar 9, 2009
Short instructions

I just bought a SIM-lock free Tab in the Netherlands and would like to know how to update this to this new firmware. Can someone post a how-to-do this?

Hi Sanderh, as asked by PM:

Go to samfirmware AND com and then /WEBPROTECT-p1000.htm. You must register first to get access.

Under Flash Tutorials, download the PDF tutorial (at the bottom of the page).
Under Flash Tools, download Odin 1.7 and the PIT file indicating EUR (Europe).
Download for your EUROPEAN version the following files from the first table on the page: P1000XWJK1 ## and P1000XXJK5 ##.

When flashing for the first time, I only had one problem: an incorrect combination of PIT file and Phone file. Check that you follow the instructions to get the right combination.

Another possible problem could occur when you activate the checkbox "partition" and use a image that is not meant for using with this option. For this reason, I have done the following:
I first updated (following the flash tutorial) P1000XWJK1 and then (WITHOUT THE OPTION PARTITIONING) the file P1000XXJK5.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

GANJDROID

May 2, 2010
Norwich
or even via the SD card? I am off Nexus, on a Mac..Odin and Kies are mandatory way to reflash our Tab?
i do adb and reboot into recovery, could flash off the sd, or could i?

this is a whole new world for us. Im from a Desire so im used to flashing roms/updates straight off my phone, this however, is something else :p

one problem ive had with updating is that a lot of apps arent in the market. im guessing this is to do with the build.prop file?
anyone got a fix for this?

jkr284

Mar 3, 2008
Worksop
this is a whole new world for us. Im from a Desire so im used to flashing roms/updates straight off my phone, this however, is something else :p

one problem ive had with updating is that a lot of apps arent in the market. im guessing this is to do with the build.prop file?
anyone got a fix for this?

yes im missing a few pps that i purchased on the market, pro pool, paypal and homerun 3d, very strange. Please does anyone know a fix?

iljac

Feb 13, 2009
I just updated to this firmware and now my danish keyboard layout is gone. I can choose other european layouts but no scandinavian? Anyone?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App