New European Firmware for HTC Magic

Search This thread

spfrance

Dec 15, 2005
android.smartphonefrance.info
New firmware dédicated for European users :
- Based on HTC Firmware
- Buetooth Pan Support
- Multilingual (French English, Spanishn Italian, German, Dutch)
- Exhange, Google and Outlook Sync

magic25.png

More informations and download here : http://wiki.smartphonefrance.info/firmware-htcmagic.ashx :)
08/03/2009 : New 2.8 version :)

The clock on the screenshot is an additional software not include in the firmware. More informations about it : http://www.levelupstudio.fr/widgets :)

Last edited:

w3rw01f

Oct 30, 2007
Moscow
nice rom, better than google's. but there are few things i don't like about this HTC rom: orange stars are not looking so good on black background =) and there is a dark line between messages in gtalk app, which wasn't in google's version.
thanks for firmware :)

p.s. plz add back bluex app :p

w3rw01f

Oct 30, 2007
Moscow
does this work with vodafone magic uk and do you have to have a rooted phone

yes, it does work with vf's magic. to be able to apply custom updates just boot with included recovery image from fastboot menu (back + power, then in terminal: fastboot boot <name of recovery img file>)

zidane

Oct 18, 2007
well... first unzip it :p inside the zip are both recovery.img and update.zip... and THX for the rom :D

Jorge/kirbyn/efetepe

i have never updated my firmware before..as i just got my htc magic 2 days ago
so i am completely new to this

i do the unzipping and then what?
also, do i need to root my phone?

phone details:
HTC Magic
Firmware: 1.5
Baseband version: 62.52S.20.18U_3.22.20.17
Kernel version: 2.6.27-357975db [email protected] #1069
Build number: 2.16.707.3 146733 CL#32934 release-keys

p.s. i got my phone unlocked(international version)

666spn

Jul 6, 2009
Hi, what's up with the YouTube app? Can't we watch videos in high quality? This is one of the fastest ROMs I've tried and I just love it, but the hq issue is quite dissapointing. Is there a fix for this? ^^

YouTube downloader won't work for me either :'(

Thanks for your time and gz for the great work.

PS: No need for apps2sd really, this thing flies even at default clockspeed :)

zidane

Oct 18, 2007
i cant seem to find the link to download this ROM?....
anyone help me find it? and again., how do i install it? i have HTC Magic, (not google branded or vodaphone or anything)..its international
so what do i need to do to install, do i need to root or anything?
i've never done this before...

Cheesebaron

Jun 25, 2009
Kongens Lyngby
ostebaronen.dk
Just flashed your ROM, first impressions are that it is pretty nice and fast. One problem though. I don't get the possibility to uninstall the applications that are installed through the applications menu, nor can I find them in the market to uninstall via it.

I guess the only way is to uninstall by removing the apk files in the /system partition. Maybe the permissions are wrong?

Will this work on 32b board on vodafon google my french is non existant i'm affraid

Yes, it works on 32b, I have a Vodafone branded HTC Magic from Germany and running this rom on it now.
All hail google translate: http://translate.google.com/transla...firmware-htcmagic&sl=fr&tl=en&history_state0=

:D