• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

New Facebook for Android UI!

Search This thread

jaaystott

Feb 9, 2011
Chelsea
www.twitter.com
Hi guys!

So today I opened up my Facebook application and was graced with a beautiful new, fluid UI. I am a member of the Alpha Team, however I have rigorously tested this new interface and I cannot find any bugs with it what so ever.

Gone is the horrible sidebar that once was, the layout is extremely similar to that of the latest Twitter application, apart from the Settings are not on a three button menu.

I've uploaded some screenshots to my Dropbox, take a look here!

Michael :angel:

Reactions: hamrahferdosi

FunkyMuse

Dec 26, 2013
It's so nice update but I don't know why the FB application is still using so much from the battery :(
Anyway the FB application keep syncing the things everytime you connect to internet so... I don't have it

Reactions: hamrahferdosi

jaaystott

Feb 9, 2011
Chelsea
www.twitter.com
It's so nice update but I don't know why the FB application is still using so much from the battery :(
Anyway the FB application keep syncing the things everytime you connect to internet so... I don't have it

I have heard a few people moan about this in the past, but I have genuinely never had any issues with Facebook and battery. In the settings there is an option to the reduce the refresh rate to just once every four hours, I think you can even disable it completely to be honest. I have Facebook on my Note 3 though and with or without Facebook installed I pretty much get the exact same battery life.

FunkyMuse

Dec 26, 2013
I have heard a few people moan about this in the past, but I have genuinely never had any issues with Facebook and battery. In the settings there is an option to the reduce the refresh rate to just once every four hours, I think you can even disable it completely to be honest. I have Facebook on my Note 3 though and with or without Facebook installed I pretty much get the exact same battery life.

Didn't know that, thanks really for this :cowboy:
I own LG Optimus p700 :cool:

scottjb

Sep 11, 2010
Greensboro, NC
The UI work is fine. As mentioned, the wakelocks and battery use are terrible. Even when I turn off sync and notifications, Facebook causes more wakelocks than most other apps and uses a lot of data. They should address that but it seems they never will so I use the web sites.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

travster119

Nov 15, 2012
It seems to be account related because I signed into my brothers account and I have the new ui then I log into mine again and I have the old ui once again

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

G

GuestK00230

I find it unfair how random people are getting the new UI and yet I haven't gotten it yet even though I've been in the alpha program since it first started.

pbigband

Nov 14, 2012
Do we still get the new UI for facebook app? I mean for everyone!! ??

---------- Post added 11th March 2014 at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was 10th March 2014 at 11:53 PM ----------

i find it unfair how random people are getting the new ui and yet i haven't gotten it yet even though i've been in the alpha program since it first started.

totally agree!

rewtbawt

Mar 7, 2013
Kuwait
I "think" I got it

People are asking about this new UI all over the internet, and when my friend came asking why he still has the old UI on his Note 3, while I have the flat UI on my Note 2, I had to dig into it...

First of all, we both have exactly the same version of the apk from the Play store (6.0.0.28.28), I even sent him the apk from my device to be 100% sure. He logs into his account on his Note 3, gets old UI. I log into my account on his Note 3 after clearing data, I get the old UI as well (so it is not server/account related issues as mentioned before, we even have been sharing the same router at the time).

He logs into his account on my Note 2, he gets new UI. I log him out, force stop, clear all data, and log into my account, I get the OLD UI !! Weird right ?!

I looked everywhere in the settings, maybe I made a toggle or something before ... then I remembered I don't see the "Home" settings under the FB app settings. I had "Home" installed previously and then removed. So I installed "Home" and activated it. Logged into Facebook and voila, the new UI !

I logged off again, force stopped, cleared data, and removed "Home" entirely. Logged in again, same old UI. Installed "Home" one more time, activated it, logged into FB, and the new UI came up. I uninstalled "Home", logged out (didn't clear data), and logged in again, and I still got the new UI. So I am guessing it has to be related to the Facebook "Home" app, somehow it leaves a setting in FB app data to enable the new UI !

Tried doing the same on my friend's N3, but "Home" is for funny reasons isn't compatible with his device as of now. Sent him the apk and installed it, it nagged that it isn't compatible with this device, so we couldn't truly "activate" it. He still has the old UI.

I hope this casts a light on the problem of not having the new UI and helps others. I only tried it on a couple of "similar" devices, so your feedback is also appreciated ;)

Reactions: rob rich

urrgevo

Apr 11, 2011
What was your exact process for setting up the home launcher? I have a sgs4 and tried this, no dice.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys!

So today I opened up my Facebook application and was graced with a beautiful new, fluid UI. I am a member of the Alpha Team, however I have rigorously tested this new interface and I cannot find any bugs with it what so ever.

Gone is the horrible sidebar that once was, the layout is extremely similar to that of the latest Twitter application, apart from the Settings are not on a three button menu.

I "think" I got it

People are asking about this new UI all over the internet, and when my friend came asking why he still has the old UI on his Note 3, while I have the flat UI on my Note 2, I had to dig into it...

First of all, we both have exactly the same version of the apk from the Play store (6.0.0.28.28), I even sent him the apk from my device to be 100% sure. He logs into his account on his Note 3, gets old UI. I log into my account on his Note 3 after clearing data, I get the old UI as well (so it is not server/account related issues as mentioned before, we even have been sharing the same router at the time).

He logs into his account on my Note 2, he gets new UI. I log him out, force stop, clear all data, and log into my account, I get the OLD UI !! Weird right ?!

I looked everywhere in the settings, maybe I made a toggle or something before ... then I remembered I don't see the "Home" settings under the FB app settings. I had "Home" installed previously and then removed. So I installed "Home" and activated it. Logged into Facebook and voila, the new UI !

I logged off again, force stopped, cleared data, and removed "Home" entirely. Logged in again, same old UI. Installed "Home" one more time, activated it, logged into FB, and the new UI came up. I uninstalled "Home", logged out (didn't clear data), and logged in again, and I still got the new UI. So I am guessing it has to be related to the Facebook "Home" app, somehow it leaves a setting in FB app data to enable the new UI !

Tried doing the same on my friend's N3, but "Home" is for funny reasons isn't compatible with his device as of now. Sent him the apk and installed it, it nagged that it isn't compatible with this device, so we couldn't truly "activate" it. He still has the old UI.

I hope this casts a light on the problem of not having the new UI and helps others. I only tried it on a couple of "similar" devices, so your feedback is also appreciated ;)
    Working!

Hi guys!

Try this! v9.0.0.0.18 :D http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2702354