New features of FroYo summarized! [Updated: Aug 06, 2010 @ 17:30]

Search This thread

owziee

Sep 1, 2007
Couldn't see this mentioned but apologies if it has... Occasionally & completely randomly, when replying to a text message, I get a pop up asking me to input a number but no extra pop up box to input one. This completely unnecessry anyway as I am replying to a message... Just me? Stock 2.2 / unbranded / unlocked... everything else, sweet as a nut just this "annoyance" every now & again... (annoying as you're only asked for this number once you've written your text & you can't input the jumbr s on box, so have to start again):confused: Not on the scale of globa warming I'll admit...

I experienced the same bug earlier today.

bharata212

Jul 11, 2010
Add:
Now, power button is less sensitive (takes a couple of secs to hold press for turning it on)

Yeyy, finally this feature is implemented..

HTC Desire + XDA Inhouse App

berre

Jul 3, 2007
Aalst
Hi all,

the update wasn't visible for a couple of days for a lot of people but is since yesterday back available... I was wondering if HTC sorted out some bugs during that timeframe or if the update-server was just unreachable?

anybody installed froyo yesterday or today that can test some of the bugs?

cheers
B

chichoko

Dec 19, 2009
Belgrade
Hi all,

the update wasn't visible for a couple of days for a lot of people but is since yesterday back available... I was wondering if HTC sorted out some bugs during that timeframe or if the update-server was just unreachable?

anybody installed froyo yesterday or today that can test some of the bugs?

cheers
B

I suppose that if such a thing had happened then us who installed FroYo earlier, would get an update of sorts.. but i dobt seem to have an update atm so i dont think they've adressed anything for now..

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

darkduck

Aug 2, 2010
London
www.darkduck.com
Couldn't see this mentioned but apologies if it has... Occasionally & completely randomly, when replying to a text message, I get a pop up asking me to input a number but no extra pop up box to input one. This completely unnecessry anyway as I am replying to a message... Just me? Stock 2.2 / unbranded / unlocked... everything else, sweet as a nut just this "annoyance" every now & again... (annoying as you're only asked for this number once you've written your text & you can't input the jumbr s on box, so have to start again):confused: Not on the scale of globa warming I'll admit...

Happened to me too:mad:. Saved as draft, then sent OK from Drafts.

Ronok

May 16, 2009
Something else I noticed about the keyboard in the browser:

With the previous rom (official 2.1 with latest update) I sometimes had a problem with the keyboard in the browser when I changed from portrait to landscape. The button shadow (when you press a key) was offset. The shadow showed up between the pressed button and the button above that. It never happened with sms or email, only the browser.

I haven't noticed this yet with 2.2

prcach

Jun 27, 2010
Belgrade
already when mentioning landscape to portrait....i find with 2.2 less responsive, it needs more than 2sec to chance, or it wont change at all before i shake the damn phone

Ronok

May 16, 2009
already when mentioning landscape to portrait....i find with 2.2 less responsive, it needs more than 2sec to chance, or it wont change at all before i shake the damn phone
I got the same feeling. Although I don't know if it's LESS responsive than 2.1. I remember it being quite slow before the update.

TakashiM

Aug 9, 2010
Gtalk

i like the new interface of gtalk, much more appealing and also noticed something new, now when in a chat the top bar with the contact name shows a little android to tell you that the contact is also on an android device.

otherkid89

Aug 11, 2010
I recieved the update just now.. I have everything but my interface still looks exactly the same. Any ideas?

otherkid89

Aug 11, 2010
ahh i see. i saw a vid on youtube and the bottom three command on the main screen had changed dramatically and the detail seemed to increase.. this a custom design then?

snark_be

Sep 17, 2008
There are alternative launchers that replace the default launcher (thus HTC Sense) on Sense ROMs or are installed on a ROM without Sense at all.

ediflyer

May 13, 2010
Aargh, i use SlideIT (which is similar to Swype), all the time. This would be a backward step to me. :( ..prob be fixed in future though?
I've had problems only very occasionally with Swype on FroYo - a reboot did the trick and generally works flawlessly (would be lost without it TBH, feel so restricted when typing on my iPod Touch by comparison!)

tykhung

Aug 5, 2008
With Froyo, now I can send contact via SMS
However, the bar code reader can't work anymore. Does anyone experience the same problem as me?

Thanks,