New Fire HD 4th Generation. Root/TWRP Help Please...

Search This thread

DoLooper

Oct 1, 2014
Reminder of New Fire HD1342 6 & 7 Forum

You guys are all in the wrong forum. The forum you are looking for is the "Fire HD 6 & 7" forum. Amazon decided to drop the Kindle name from the 4th generations. That is pretty much the only main difference (aside from all the exploits being patched) between the 2nd and 4th generations. . . .

Thanks! Wanted to move but as this thread went off topic it stayed interesting ;)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last edited:

AndroidGraphix

Apr 4, 2011
Paradise Valley, AZ
Google Movies working without root

cool and thanks!

Sent from my KFARWI using Tapatalk

Thanks for the guide! Our company got over a hundred of these to give away to a company party and many have been enjoying these customizations. I'm posting this text guide here since it's so much faster to just see the steps instead of watching the video (though I'm extremely appreciative for the video).

Extract Fire gApps into the /download folder of your Fire HD.
Install ES File Explorer (or similar) onto your Fire HD.

Install the following in this exact order:
1. Google Account Manager (Reboot)
2. Google Service Framework (Reboot)
3. Google Play Services (Reboot)
4. Play Store, other gApps (Reboot)

ADB:
adb devices (Should show up, if not, you need to install or modify your Google USB drivers)
adb shell
pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS

I had to disable two step verification but it works for google movies which is where the most of my money is invested. lol

Reactions: dani_35

brandonlee96

May 3, 2014
how someone please help me root this version of kindle?

can someone please help me identify this kindle model and help me root it so i can get the custom recovery on it and get the android os on it please and thank you!!!:):):):)

Attachments

• Cameringo_20150901_034133.jpg
    Cameringo_20150901_034133.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 283
  • Cameringo_20150901_034215.jpg
    Cameringo_20150901_034215.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 298
P

paz4491

Last edited:

asherethan14

Mar 13, 2016
I was able to root my kindle fire hd 7 4th edition by installing ltest kingroot app and then tried to root and it wouldnt work then I rebooted device tried to root again then left for about twenty minutes and when I came back it was rooted so I didnt do much butni hope this helps

Perzival1312

Jan 10, 2017
If you use RootJunkys 5th Gen root tool on the 4th Gen kindle it will install Google play and it will work but the root will fail and I've had no problems with my device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You guys are all in the wrong forum. The forum you are looking for is the "Fire HD 6 & 7" forum. Amazon decided to drop the Kindle name from the 4th generations. That is pretty much the only main difference (aside from all the exploits being patched) between the 2nd and 4th generations. The 3rd generation Fires (the HDXs) are way more powerful that both the 2nd generation and the 4th.
    Thanks. Although there isn't one on this forum yet for the Fire HD and can't find any others online. Its probably too new for this perhaps?

Thanks
    Yes, there is. http://xdaforums.com/fire-hd
    Google Movies working without root

cool and thanks!

Sent from my KFARWI using Tapatalk

Thanks for the guide! Our company got over a hundred of these to give away to a company party and many have been enjoying these customizations. I'm posting this text guide here since it's so much faster to just see the steps instead of watching the video (though I'm extremely appreciative for the video).

Extract Fire gApps into the /download folder of your Fire HD.
    Install ES File Explorer (or similar) onto your Fire HD.

Install the following in this exact order:
    1. Google Account Manager (Reboot)
    2. Google Service Framework (Reboot)
    3. Google Play Services (Reboot)
    4. Play Store, other gApps (Reboot)

ADB:
    adb devices (Should show up, if not, you need to install or modify your Google USB drivers)
    adb shell
    pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS

I had to disable two step verification but it works for google movies which is where the most of my money is invested. lol