New Fire HD10 2019 Bootless Root Method + Bootloader Unlock Brainstorming

Search This thread

MrZaku086

Apr 8, 2021
I'm currently looking into two methods for the HD 10, still brainstorming it and not tried it on my own units yet - I have working downgrade method to 7.3.1.0 for this device I think, thats if it wasn't a hardware patch on this device. Needs testing, but problem is exploit is major computing exploit not just Android exploit.... Working out what to do about it generally as something I've discovered.

Second method, which doesn't involve a downgrade, is using fbtool on this device. This is likely to be able to turned into a software based fastboot cable. Still ironing out details here:

Would need to locate or work out how to produce a patch for fbtool for the HD's SoC, though. Anyone know any githubs which contain MTK Board tools source (i.e. fbtool source) for this SoC?

hey do you thin this would work?

this device have the same mtk chip and a custom twrp

or

or

or

something of this help?

PD: sorry if dont help you but i really want to this device have a lineage os xD

Khiem Tran

Mar 4, 2020
You will need to wipe preloader in SP Flash (or enter BROM by shorting) for mmc-write to work in kamakiri.

Then use the attached kamakiri, which instead of just clearing RPMB will flash the missing partitions that couldn't be flashed with SP Flash (Unfortunately it's quite slow compared to SP Flash)
I wiped preloader on 7.3.1.8 and device frozen at bootrom. Can anyone upload preloader 7.3.1.8 file?

Khiem Tran

Mar 4, 2020
You need to downgrade to 7.3.1.0, you can get root access.

I tried using SPFlash to downgrade but I can't write EMMC. It is stopped as shown below.
Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

k4y0z

Nov 27, 2015

Khiem Tran

Mar 4, 2020
Try selecting USB mode instead of Serial if you're on Windows.
Also you won't be able to flash all of the partitions using SPFT, the ones that don't work will need to be flashed using kamakiri.
You'll have to rerun the bypass after every action in SPFT.

I have done the following

Step1: Plug out battery. Then, hold volume up to bootrom
Step2: Run bypass and format preloader with SPFlash (length 0x100000)
Step3: Plugin battery. Run bypass and flash boot, recovey, vendor, system with SPFlash.
Step4: Run bootrom-step.sh in kamakiri folder.

What should I do next?

Do I have to flash preloader, lk, tee1, tee2m spmfw, sspm_1, cam_vpu1, cam_vpu2, cam_vpu3 using SPFlash?

Last edited:

k4y0z

Nov 27, 2015
I have done the following

Step1: Plug out battery. Then, hold volume up to bootrom
Step2: Run bypass and format preloader with SPFlash (length 0x100000)
Step3: Plugin battery. Run bypass and flash boot, recovey, vendor, system with SPFlash.
Step4: Run bootrom-step.sh in kamakiri folder.

What should I do next?

Do I have to flash preloader, lk, tee1, tee2m spmfw, sspm_1, cam_vpu1, cam_vpu2, cam_vpu3 using SPFlash?
The latest kamakiri version that I posted somewhere here in this thread, should flash all the partitions, that can't be flashed using SPFT.

INetBowser

Dec 4, 2020
Hey guys,

I need some help regarding the root exploit I'm writing currently. If I manage to get it working, Fire HD 10 9th gen on version 7.3.1.2 (and maybe higher, I need to look into that) should be rootable.

Anyone with a rooted Fire HD 10 9th gen, can you please run this command as root
Code:
cat /proc/iomem
and post the output?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: MrZaku086

Michajin

Oct 23, 2012
Unfortunately, Amazon has locked down FireOS pretty firmly. You can disable those apps though. Have you checked out Fire Toolbox?
With root access you can use a app disabler. Root works fine. Just can't modify the system apps. I use package disabler with root access to quickly disabled app. Full root would be better, and unlocking would be awesome. We will see, seems development had picked up lately.

MrZaku086

Apr 8, 2021
With root access you can use a app disabler. Root works fine. Just can't modify the system apps. I use package disabler with root access to quickly disabled app. Full root would be better, and unlocking would be awesome. We will see, seems development had picked up lately.
well the 2017 model took many years and in the end you need to some hardware hackery to unlock the bootloader and be free.... maybe that is the route to this tablet some hardware thing to acess to factory mode or something like that and unblock the boatloader is very trashy to amazon bloking the bootloader using a android fork.

Michajin

Oct 23, 2012
well the 2017 model took many years and in the end you need to some hardware hackery to unlock the bootloader and be free.... maybe that is the route to this tablet some hardware thing to acess to factory mode or something like that and unblock the boatloader is very trashy to amazon bloking the bootloader using a android fork.
I have found the shorting method on it, but amazon/mediatek made a hardware change that disable the bootrom. It has been found on anything as of about January of 2020 had the bootrom disabled. The exploit would have to be a totally new route.

Reactions: MrZaku086

MrZaku086

Apr 8, 2021
I have found the shorting method on it, but amazon/mediatek made a hardware change that disable the bootrom. It has been found on anything as of about January of 2020 had the bootrom disabled. The exploit would have to be a totally new route.
i think that is on part of amazon, tyou can hack very easy another tablets with the same chip.

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
You have to realize that Amazon tablets are very inexpensive because of all the advertising built into them. From their view point, rooting the tablet to get rid of their bloat, is cheating. So, of course, they are going to do their best to prevent it. I do my best to eliminate their bloat, but I don't find their efforts to stop me to be "trashy".

Reactions: juandarr

Top Liked Posts