New firmware 4.1.B.1.13 on PTCRB

Search This thread

jlmcr87

Apr 18, 2011
Perhaps atleast we get bugfixes and more smoothness

Yes i think only bugfixes, too dificult to sony to bring us walkman, new album, and other media apps...........too bad sony.

Thanks to the people of themes and apps section to bring us xperia 2012 apps.:good:

joint_one

Jan 8, 2012
Yes i think only bugfixes, too dificult to sony to bring us walkman, new album, and other media apps...........too bad sony.

Thanks to the people of themes and apps section to bring us xperia 2012 apps.:good:

Not dificult but its premeditated movement from sony. That is so sad.
My next phone wont be sony! Sorry sony!

TheHaso

Feb 18, 2012
Yeh., the walkman should be great. Getting rid off the bugs ported :p

Actually, didnt sony promise clearbass (walkman) on these 2011 devices a time ago (before ics release) ?

Sent from my LT15i using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATED

Ok here are the results for RAY.
    Firmware compared:
    ST18i_4.1.B.0.587_Generic_Nordic_1252-5332
    ST18i_4.1.B.1.13_Vodafone DE
    Compared every file.
    (For changes in framework.odex and -res.apk you have to wait so i decompile them and see what changed.)

libs:
    Code:
    libwebcore.so
    libwebrtc_audio_preprocessing.so
    some others too also changed but the difference was released dates and hours. No real change.

lib/drm:
    libmarlinplugin.so (a whole a lot changes)

lib/modules:
    compat.ko
    wl12xx.ko
    wl12xx_sdio.ko
    mac80211.ko
    cfg80211.ko
    (chanded wifi drivers)

Framework: EDITED
    Code:
    Changes only (-.-) in 
    [strike]framework-res.apk[/strike] and framework.odex (have to decompile and see the whole picture)
    services.odex

[COLOR="red"]Edit:[/COLOR]
    So no change in frame-res.apk in the end.
    [B]framework.jar[/B] code has changes in backup. bluetooth device properties, browser frame and to webview/webviewcore codes.
    [B]services.jar[/B] has changes to backup service.

If you flash the new kernel you will need these 2 files probably because both kernel and framework have changes in webkit code

Some changes in fonts and in etc/firmware/ti-connectivity (bios for wifi module) but unfortunately these are cause of the compiler. Nothing changed -.-

Same at /bin. compiler and date compiled differences.

App:
    Code:
    added: SemcSnpStore.apk
    Nothing else...

Other Firmware files:
    Code:
     [strike]adsp.sin and[/strike] amss.sin changed.
    some others but probably because it's vodafone variant
    and ofcourse changed baseband

Kernel Image:
    Code:
    Kernel Binary changed. Sources are the same so problably it's that webkit/webcore change.

Ramdisk:
    init binary changed. (maybe to reflect the changed kernel binary. dunno)

Until I check the framework.jar and -res.apk the only thing needs updating
    are the wifi libraries in /system/lib/modules/
    and baseband (if it fixes the wcdma/gsm bug)

Very disappointing firmware. It doesn't deserve the 4.1.b.X number change. it's like a .0.597 one...
    I hope the baseband fixes the reset wcdma/gsm at boot bug and also the modules bring stability to wifi
    Check it here: http://www.ptcrb.com/vendor/complete/view_complete_request_guest.cfm?modelid=18648

Xperia Arc S 4.0.4 4.1.B.1.13 Vodafone DE firmware: Link by vr5411: http://www.mediafire.com/?egf8ca4b5dcflrl

I WILL UPLOAD THE GENERIC WORLD HERE WHEN IT WILL BE AVAILABLE. (both ICS and GB version)
    Hope the result is good, and you can share with us... ;)

Hi,

Here is Xperia Arc S 4.0.4 4.1.B.1.13 Vodafone DE firmware.
    Enjoy it. This was a long, long wait.

Kind Regards, vr
    If this isn't fake, and if it's true that almost nothing significant changed, and even the LED notification isn't fixed again, then...
    I just can't believe how ignorant Sony devs are. More than I already thought they are. If they can't (won't) fix such a basic phone functionality for three consecutive updates, then I think we can be clear with how much they care about users they already took money from.
    And no matter how great follower, supporter, fan you are, there is nothing left but to be pissed off. Once they realise that their best future users, are their satisfied past users, then maybe we will have better customer care.
    Right now they are far from it...

But since it's still foggy situation about this update, and about what does it bring, I will wait untill I get my hands on it, to express my frustration/satisfaction in more details.

Edit: Have in mind that this is coming from a die hard Sony fan.
    Source got out 4.1.b.1.13!

Let's see what changed in kernel side

EDIT/UPDATE:----------

No 3.x kernel. Same old one.
    And also seems that nothing changed but removed. Only some annotation fixes to webkit, webcore.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone