New firmware 47.1.A.16.20

Search This thread

Davka

Dec 27, 2006
davka.pl
ASUS ZenFone 8
Firmware 47.1.A.16.20 available.
It's a big change in the version number but no big changes visible on first look.
It has September security patches included. It's 250MB in size when updating from previous 47.1.A.12.270.
Android version is still 8.0.0.

xPandamon

Feb 19, 2017
Feels like the battery is lasting longer again after the last update made it worse. Yes, i did reflash the last firmware with newsflasher, it still was worse than before but now it's fixed again. I flashed it again to try and fix my WIFI issues but i found a solution to it, disabling the option that keeps mobile internet always active while wifi is enabled in developer settings fixed it. It runs like a dream and every problem i had is gone now. Still loving this phone ^^

Last edited:

JxFx

Sep 18, 2018
I read also on other forums that WIFI issues still exist for some users. For me the WIFI connection became a lot more stable, after using the 'Wifi analyser' app and choosing a more quiet Wifi channel !

cmac669

Nov 12, 2014
Yeah JxFx I've had the wifi issues since day one. It's never went away. 2GHz connection is just ass. All the time. 5GHz is absolutely fine. This WiFi analyser app might help in the house, but then when I'm outside connecting to other WiFi networks (like the one at work) it's always ass because it's always 2GHz only. Just lived with it really since I like the Xz Premium so much

mejgs

Jul 16, 2015
Feels like the battery is lasting longer again after the last update made it worse. Yes, i did reflash the last firmware with newsflasher, it still was worse than before but now it's fixed again. I flashed it again to try and fix my WIFI issues but i found a solution to it, disabling the option that keeps mobile internet always active while wifi is enabled in developer settings fixed it. It runs like a dream and every problem i had is gone now. Still loving this phone ^^

In my case this doesn't fix the issue

Margiel

Jan 20, 2015
Hi,

I open Emma application and for my Sony G8141 there are only two available softwares
47.1.a.12.170 and 45.0.a.7.137.

How can I get new software 47.1.a.16.20 for installation in Emma application ?

Last edited:

SkyHigh76

Sep 8, 2017
Hi,

I open Emma application and for my Sony G8141 there are only two available softwares

You can also use FlashTool and download latest firmware inside the app via XperiFirm. There the latest one is available for a lot regions. Maybe your region doesn´t have the latest firmware available.

But you can use every firmware you want.

Reactions: SGH-i200
Which region firmware should I use? I am currently on customized DE, but I'm on att in the USA. I don't use the us oem because that disables Google pay. My problem is Google messages doesn't do group messages without the us oem.

Do any other regions allow group txts? I've only tried customized DE and UK.

Last edited:

vnbm

Jul 8, 2009
Anyone else noticed an issue with latest firmware dropping cellular connection?
After updating to 47.1.A.16.20, my network drops at random times ( 3 - 4 times a day), and I need to restart to get working again. Tried 2 different ROM's, same result.
Had to downgrade to 47.1.A.12.270, which is stable again.

Reactions: SGH-i200

fr0zensphere

Dec 3, 2016
I can report that this update definitely fixed the Bluetooth bug I was having previously. It was not a critical bug, but somewhat annoying. In the past, whenever BT was turned on, it immediately showed that it was "connecting" to all my paired devices at once. Made no sense. After waiting for like a minute, it would stop doing it, I was then able to select the device I was actually trying to connect with, and then it would work normally after that.

After this update, it no longer has any weird behavior. The BT connection works normally.

I cannot comment on cellular connection or WiFi behavior. I have been having spotty cellular connection at work but that's because the T-Mobile coverage is not great in my area. WiFi seems alright before and after update, but I also haven't been paying too much attention because I don't really use my phone much when I'm in WiFi-covered areas anyway (home or work basically).

chichino84

Dec 30, 2013
Google Pixel 6a
So it seems that this version will be the last Oreo build, where magisk v18 + xposed systemless 90.2 beta3 (thx to @russel5 patch) work.
Is there a way to update from rooted stock 12.75 without a total wipe?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Firmware 47.1.A.16.20 available.
    It's a big change in the version number but no big changes visible on first look.
    It has September security patches included. It's 250MB in size when updating from previous 47.1.A.12.270.
    Android version is still 8.0.0.
    So it is apparently only security patches? When is Android Pie expected?

Starting November, as per Sony official announcement.
    Hi,

You can also use FlashTool and download latest firmware inside the app via XperiFirm. There the latest one is available for a lot regions. Maybe your region doesn´t have the latest firmware available.

But you can use every firmware you want.
    Anyone else noticed an issue with latest firmware dropping cellular connection?
    After updating to 47.1.A.16.20, my network drops at random times ( 3 - 4 times a day), and I need to restart to get working again. Tried 2 different ROM's, same result.
    Had to downgrade to 47.1.A.12.270, which is stable again.