• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

New firmware version received 10.3.1.A.0.236 (OTA)

Search This thread

asenjo

Jul 4, 2012
Hi all,

I've recieved a new firm version in my Xperia Z (the terminal is a prototype of Xperia Z C6603), does anyone know anything about this update? I suppose that if I update the terminal I lose root access, but I need it so I dare not do it

Thx

Attachments

• New_update_XperiaZ.jpg
    New_update_XperiaZ.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 3,245
  • XperiaZ.jpg
    XperiaZ.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 2,615
Last edited:

gm007

May 29, 2011
OnePlus 8T
I have the same firmware and why there is no update?

Sent from my C6603 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Your screenshots has different time how is that possible?

Sent from my C6603 using xda premium

asenjo

Jul 4, 2012
No, I haven't updated the terminal because I need the root access and I don't want to lose it.

Only I'm asking for information about the update, but I saw that there is no one who has received this update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

I've recieved a new firm version in my Xperia Z (the terminal is a prototype of Xperia Z C6603), does anyone know anything about this update? I suppose that if I update the terminal I lose root access, but I need it so I dare not do it

Thx
    I analyzed the downloaded package and it's signed with TEST keys. It won't be flashable on any retail phone since it is a delta package (only contains the 'difference') for a TEST-build signed ROM. Even if you forced it to flash it would lead to a corrupted system.

Update was signed on 5 July.
    4.3 will be updated in Q4/2013!

And that information is based only on someone's predictions nothing more so don't spread it anywhere :)

Wysłane z mojego C6603 za pomocą Tapatalk 4

EDIT:
    Here is the source of your information
    http://technosamigos.com/sony-android-4-3-jelly-bean-update/
    and here's the most important sentence of it:
    "This list is not the official release by Sony and it's just our estimation so Sony might or might not release the above given update."
    There you have, pure speculation based on what someone thinks he knows :)
    Then it seems it's not as simple and maybe there are different variables for other versions. No point in trying to figure it out or anything, just saying :)

It just means that 10.3.1.A.0.244 has been released for Generic ES, while Generic DE is still on 10.3.A.0.423. For Generic FR (cust-revision=R3B&cust-id=1270-1404) the update has also been released:

http://update.sonymobile.com/signed...3B&cust-id=1270-1404&fs-revision=10.3.A.0.423

You can simply edit the URL and use any 'cust-id' and 'cust-revision' you find in this list (for C6603): [INFO] Latest firmware version per customization (region/branding)

The 'fs-revision' in the URL is 10.3.A.0.423, so it will check if there are any updates for that version (for brown devices).
    Like the rest of prototypes (regardless of brand), the IMEI start with 004...

Thanks a lot for providing only the first 3 digits while I explicitly asked for the first 8 digits (the Type Approval Code) :rolleyes:
    I managed to get it myself from FCC documentation: 00440245.

It won't. OTA firmwares use a different system and BROWN devices are on different servers. They can't update through PC Companion etc. EMMA and OTA updates use a much more complicated check.

Just as I expected, changing the TAC in the OTA URL (from retail C6603) does the trick.
    After changing 35576205 to 00440245, the 10.3.1.A.0.244 update appears:
    http://update.sonymobile.com/signed...4B&cust-id=1270-6697&fs-revision=10.3.A.0.423