• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General New firmware

Search This thread
True. TMB does have a very slightly newer build (AUGB) than what came on the AT&T version but it still has the July security patch.

Is may not be newer. They like to pack a lot of garbage in there and increment it for their own changes.

(Also why I switched to unlocked on T-Mobile from T-Mobile branded)

But you will trip Samsung Knox. And then you can't use Samsung Health, Samsung Pay etc.

Disclaimer: Only applies if you unlock the bootloader and then launch the apps without taking any of the necessary steps. Typically this only applies to first-time root users.

beanbean50

Jul 9, 2008
London
But you will trip Samsung Knox. And then you can't use Samsung Health, Samsung Pay etc.
Luckily I don't use any of the above mentioned apps, but I'd still like to be able to boot into twrp (not yet available) so I might hold off for now (still got a couple of hours of downloading to think about it!)

Edit:
rooted and booted 👍

Last edited:

Bigmille

May 23, 2008
London
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
So it's now second half of September, the latest flagship phone from Samsung the largest Android phone manufacturer is still 2 months out of date WTF!

I have 28 days to return this phone, if there is not update in next week, this phone is going back to Samsung.

I love the flip, but will not give money to a multinational company don't care about security update on its most recent phone.

So it's now second half of September, the latest flagship phone from Samsung the largest Android phone manufacturer is still 2 months out of date WTF!

I have 28 days to return this phone, if there is not update in next week, this phone is going back to Samsung.

I love the flip, but will not give money to a multinational company don't care about security update on its most recent phone.

There is someone with the same rant every time a device releases. The first update or two are slow. If that isn't up to your standards, the best thing to do is buy last year's model. It will be cheaper and updated.

Bigmille

May 23, 2008
London
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
If Samsung can't provide security update to its latest device, why do you think older devices will be better?

I'm not asking for feature update, simply monthly security update from the largest Android manufacturer I paid £1000 for its product.

Did not know expecting timely security update on XDA forum is considered ranting?

Last edited:
If Samsung can't provide security update to its latest device, why do you think older devices will be better?

I'm not asking for feature update, simply monthly security update from the largest Android manufacturer I paid £1000 for its product.

You may want to look up the actual purpose of the security updates. They are bug fixes. With a new device and new hardware, there are going to be quite a few new ones. They are also going to want to throw in some feature updates, even if you don't want them, to make the update look important.

As you may be aware, the other side are the people that throw a fit that the phone required an update in the first month. "How is it that my brand new $1000 phone is already so outdated?! The largest company is the world couldn't pony up for the latest software. Blah, blah, blah..."

It's a compromise between pushing an update fast enough for you, but significant enough for the other one.

Did not know expecting timely security update on XDA forum is considered ranting?

It becomes a rant when you go off on the threats directed at Samsung when this isn't Samsung.

Reactions: eybee1970

Bigmille

May 23, 2008
London
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Thanks for the explanation, I had Sony and Google phones, both company were able to push out timely security update each month. So It is not impossible for Samsung.

If other Samsung users prefer to wait on security update for extra features, and Samsung feels the same, that's fine. Its just not a phone for me.

I don't want to return the flip, but don't want a slow security update phone other companies can provided better either.

Apologies if I came across as ranting, just a bit frustrated. I'm sure I not a threat to Samsung by returning this phone. Looks like they are selling them by the truck lots for this generation.

Last edited:

metzo32

Aug 21, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Flashed the New firmware from EUX and have the new security patch for September, After 10 days flashed the second one from XSG both are the same !
Nothing more or less cause of the same CSC are typical with same region .

Top Liked Posts