• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

new FW 11.3.A.0.681 rolling

Search This thread

hamdogg

May 14, 2012
New Zealand
www.youtube.com
Supposedly 4.4 is available ota in china

Search and rescue gives days off? What region do you operate in?

Hmm... interesting. Sony usually go with Asia/Pacific for first release..
I'm New Zealand wide. Mostly involved with training, but with a month non stop (28 days of active) I need to get out otherwise I'm might as well cut oranges for the crew.

Reactions: KeikiNYC011

KeikiNYC011

Jan 20, 2014
Hmm... interesting. Sony usually go with Asia/Pacific for first release..
I'm New Zealand wide. Mostly involved with training, but with a month non stop (28 days of active) I need to get out otherwise I'm might as well cut oranges for the crew.

Yes, In Japan here we would have receive the OTA first before China. That's what makes it more of a hoax.

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London
Yes, In Japan here we would have receive the OTA first before China. That's what makes it more of a hoax.

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app

I'm pretty certain it's a hoax. Theres been no word of any certifying for this build. We would have heard something before it was released.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

iBuzman

Mar 7, 2011
Melbourne
I personally think a "mistake" actually ~ someone at Sony spilt coffee on a keyboard (joking) or similar and it was live for just a little while before being shut down.. Not that it matters how or if; as we xda users cover most of the world, so I'm pretty sure when it's live we'll have it here a few hours later :)

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hassanmahmood

Jan 3, 2012
I am not sure I'll upgrade to 4.4 until I know more about the external SD card restrictions and whether Sony have blindly followed Google's rules. I think I'd get really really annoyed if my 32G sd card loses a lot of its usefulness.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7859/examining-microsd-changes-in-android-44

Um, the Sony ROMs already suffer from this - it won't matter if you stay on 4.3 or move to 4.4; without a third party app you cannot use your micro sd card to store apps or their data on a Sony ROM.

speculatrix

Mar 7, 2006
Cambridge
Um, the Sony ROMs already suffer from this - it won't matter if you stay on 4.3 or move to 4.4; without a third party app you cannot use your micro sd card to store apps or their data on a Sony ROM.

Oh, ok, perhaps I've not noticed problems because I use ES to move files around and use root if needed, I've not noticed apps being unable to access the files I've moved.

Top Liked Posts