New Galaxy S20 update with camera improvements out now. Primarily the ultra.

Search This thread

gabe_kamphuis

Nov 25, 2010
S20 Ultra Exynos

Last month 5-25 : PDA G988BXXU2ATE6 CSC G988BOXM2ATE6

Today 6-04 : PDA G988BXXU2ATE6 CSC G988BOXM2ATF1

Blur from closeup photo's is improved , focus is faster , overkill on the sharpnes video is improved, but HDR is still overkill. fingerprint is quick

S20 Ultra Exynos

Last month 5-25 : PDA G988BXXU2ATE6 CSC G988BOXM2ATE6

Today 6-04 : PDA G988BXXU2ATE6 CSC G988BOXM2ATF1

Blur from closeup photo's is improved , focus is faster , overkill on the sharpnes video is improved, but HDR is still overkill. fingerprint is quick

I got BTU ATE7.
I see ATF1 as Netherlands Vodafone. What was new with that build?

gabe_kamphuis

Nov 25, 2010
Have not tested the update properly yet, but see less blur in the photos, video is less sharp, which was far too sharp in my case, see no change in the HDR, which gives a lot of color difference with "hard colors", with the autofocus , I see small white blocks appear, only then a big yellow block ( autofocus), finger sensor now works consistently, which he did not do at first, videos are less sharp, more natural, I have not made any further recordings, HDR is still not good, in my opinion, it surprised me that the same number was used ATE6....

Reactions: Dolgogi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "New Galaxy S20 update with camera improvements out now. Primarily the ultra."

why don't you open another tread? this one is for the camera...:(

It's not for the camera. It's for the latest update which, amonst others, includes but is not limited to camera improvements.
    I don't know how drastically the camera is improved, but I just compared different zoom levels 1x, 2x, 3x 4x with iPhone 11 and at every level iPhone beat the s20 ultra's ass. I hate iPhone but WHY, despite all the BIG numbers, is the camera so **** on s20 ultra? Its always blurred and especially in low light they're ****, too much over compensated. My P30 pro was far better than this ****. Its so damn frustrating after spending the same amount as iPhone 11 pro, especially in the camera department, the phone is a big disappointment.

YOUR opinion assuming what we own is trash. we know otherwise and i owned a 11 pro max before
    you seem not to own a samsung.
    So has this been fixed for most people?

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

How is this possible when the ultra has a periscope lens and has better zooming quality than the iphone?

I imagine because until your at 5X zoom on the ultra it’s digital zoom, where the iPhone is using its 2X zoom. If he (and he probably did) went to 5X zoom and beyond the Ultra would crush the iPhone. I have an 11 Pro Max also, and this is 100% correct.
    Didn't sell it, sent it back to Samsung for a full refund since they make it easy. It'll be the second time I've returned one due to camera issues. I guess I can just order another one I suppose, but wanna make sure it has improved.

It's completely fixed.

There's always issues at any release. They're normally ironed out. Just don't buy phones on release if you're worried.

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

When is the ATE6 update available for HongKong G9860 Snapdragon Unlocked?

When Samsung is ready? How would anyone here know?

I've got that model , so hopefully soon but more than likely a few weeks if past updates are anything to go by.
    I read on some websites that the sound quality of the stereo speakers also has improved with this update. Can anyone who has already received this update confirm this?

I can confirm that.

I have s20 plus and sound quality is way better than previous versions.