New Galaxy S20 update with camera improvements out now. Primarily the ultra.

Search This thread

Darkat70

Dec 1, 2010
G98xxXXU2ATE6, according to one user new function in camera application called cloe-up zoom very useful to take very close objects something like micro camera
not test yet
wait and see:cool:
S20 Ultra 5G i dont see any additional features

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200522-125414_Camera.jpg
    Screenshot_20200522-125414_Camera.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 1,850

Darkat70

Dec 1, 2010

Barcovn

Apr 28, 2013
It does pop up with use close up text that you have to press. But that isn't available for 108MP, just 1:1 and Full Options.

Still needs improvements though, its nowhere near comparable to super macro mode on Mate 20Pro

It does. 108mp closeup up zoom work.

Attachments

• 20200522_132332.jpg
    20200522_132332.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 1,585

segev265

May 30, 2013
Just heads up, small bug after updating is that fingerprint animation is off-center, other than that it actually seem faster.

YH93

May 7, 2020
I read on some websites that the sound quality of the stereo speakers also has improved with this update. Can anyone who has already received this update confirm this?

iamnotkurtcobain

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
Sound quality is GREAT with the ATE6 Update! Fingerprint unlock is faster, smoother and there is now an option to disable the stupid ripple effect!

dscline

Sep 19, 2007
Atlanta, GA USA
Close-up zoom doesn't sound like a fix. Sounds like a it's just doing a crop, causing you to move the phone further from your subject, into the focus range. I guess it's a convenience for not having to crop or zoom in to the photo afterwards. Or just manually invoking zoom before taking the shot.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "New Galaxy S20 update with camera improvements out now. Primarily the ultra."

why don't you open another tread? this one is for the camera...:(

It's not for the camera. It's for the latest update which, amonst others, includes but is not limited to camera improvements.
    I don't know how drastically the camera is improved, but I just compared different zoom levels 1x, 2x, 3x 4x with iPhone 11 and at every level iPhone beat the s20 ultra's ass. I hate iPhone but WHY, despite all the BIG numbers, is the camera so **** on s20 ultra? Its always blurred and especially in low light they're ****, too much over compensated. My P30 pro was far better than this ****. Its so damn frustrating after spending the same amount as iPhone 11 pro, especially in the camera department, the phone is a big disappointment.

YOUR opinion assuming what we own is trash. we know otherwise and i owned a 11 pro max before
    you seem not to own a samsung.
    So has this been fixed for most people?

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

How is this possible when the ultra has a periscope lens and has better zooming quality than the iphone?

I imagine because until your at 5X zoom on the ultra it’s digital zoom, where the iPhone is using its 2X zoom. If he (and he probably did) went to 5X zoom and beyond the Ultra would crush the iPhone. I have an 11 Pro Max also, and this is 100% correct.
    Didn't sell it, sent it back to Samsung for a full refund since they make it easy. It'll be the second time I've returned one due to camera issues. I guess I can just order another one I suppose, but wanna make sure it has improved.

It's completely fixed.

There's always issues at any release. They're normally ironed out. Just don't buy phones on release if you're worried.

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

When is the ATE6 update available for HongKong G9860 Snapdragon Unlocked?

When Samsung is ready? How would anyone here know?

I've got that model , so hopefully soon but more than likely a few weeks if past updates are anything to go by.
    I read on some websites that the sound quality of the stereo speakers also has improved with this update. Can anyone who has already received this update confirm this?

I can confirm that.

I have s20 plus and sound quality is way better than previous versions.