[New Game] WordsUp available now for all Windows Phone devices (and Windows 8 too)

Search This thread

AdamDawes

Jun 26, 2009
I'm very pleased to announce the release of my latest game, WordsUp.

wp_games_wordsup_logosmall.png

WordsUp is a fun strategic word-based board game for between 2 and 4 players. Each player takes it in turns to place letter tiles on to a game board to form words and score points. Unlike other word games, WordsUp allows you to stack letters on top of those already on the board, changing those words and forming new ones.

The more tiles there are in each word you form, the more points you score. As the stacks of tiles keep getting higher, so do the scores. Can you score the most points and become the WordsUp champion?

wp_games_wordsup_thumb2.png

You can play local WordsUp games against your friends (hot-seat or "pass and play") or against the computer, or can play network games against other players over the internet. The computer players have four difficulty levels, from "beginner" through to "expert" if you fancy a real challenge. You can set local games up with any combination of human or computer players.

WordsUp was originally released for Windows 8 at the start of this year, but is now also available for all Windows Phone 7 and Windows Phone 8 devices (including those with low memory). Internet games can be played across all platforms. WordsUp is a universal app, so buying for Windows Phone will also include the Windows 8 version and vice versa.

wp_games_wordsup_thumb3.png

WordsUp can be downloaded from the Windows Phone store, priced US$1.29, £0.99, €1.29. All features of WordsUp are available in the free trial, so that you can fully evaluate the game before buying. The Windows 8 version is available too. Please give them a try!

Download WordsUp for Windows Phone
wp_games_wordsup_qrcode.png

Download WordsUp for Windows 8

I hope you enjoy the game, please let me know if you have any feedback. Thanks!

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Blatant rip-off of Upwords, even to the name. You couldn't even be bothered to mention this little fact before trying to profit on somebody else's game? You want some feedback? You make Zynga (slimy scum that they are) look original; at least when they rip off existing games they bother to come up with new names for them instead of just switching the order of the words in the name....

Oh, and advertising paid apps on the forum is not permitted (seriously, read the forum rules). If you want to advertise, buy an advertisement. If the "trial" really is complete - and isn't time-limited or anything like that - then that's OK, but in that case you should describe it as a free game that people can contribute to the author if they want to support development.