New Gmail 4.5 app

Pulsu

Feb 9, 2012
Thanks alot. Although I'm pretty sure it is disabled BC I don't see it anywhere. Never got into halo much. Unnecessary for me

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah. It was just a lucky guess.. Cause people had a lot of problems with that bug. :)

sn0warmy

Jul 26, 2010
Boulder, CO
Is anyone else having issues of the new Gmail app force closing? After installing the apk, rebooting after whiping cache/dalvik cache and fixing permissions, I can't get the app tos tay open. This is on a clean install of stock rooted as well.

EDIT: Working fine for me now. Redid a fresh install and now having no issues.

Last edited:

dmo580

Dec 29, 2009
why cant pull to refresh actually PULL to refresh? it looks kinda odd with this implementation.

Maybe they don't want to copy every iOS app, but quite honestly it's one of the most beautiful/useful features of iOS. The Twitter app does it wonderfully for example.

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
why cant pull to refresh actually PULL to refresh? it looks kinda odd with this implementation.

Maybe they don't want to copy every iOS app, but quite honestly it's one of the most beautiful/useful features of iOS. The Twitter app does it wonderfully for example.
do you mean swiping down on it like now, as opposed to actually pulling it down???

DizzC

Feb 8, 2011
Calgary

I think the way they did it looks really nice actually.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

dmo580

Dec 29, 2009
do you mean swiping down on it like now, as opposed to actually pulling it down???
Yeah I prefer pulling versus just swiping. I end up swiping a few times because I don't even realize it is updating already. I have to actually look for the text changing at the top action bar.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone