New Gmail 4.5 app

droidkevlar

Mar 27, 2010
loving the new gmail. question....i am only getting notified (in the notification bar) of the main mailbox, not the other ones like forum, updates, promos, etc. am i missing something? or just stupid

droidkevlar

Mar 27, 2010
Is it advisable to remove the existing gmail app before installing this?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
I installed it right on top with no issues. So you can leave it installed.

Knows somebody when will be published the official update via play?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
They are rolling it out to people each day. Dont think there is an exact answer of when you will get it. Why wait and not just install it yourself? Its the same APK they will be pushing to you anyways.

yitsushi

Sep 22, 2011
Budapest
blog.code-infection.com
I installed it right on top with no issues. So you can leave it installed.

They are rolling it out to people each day. Dont think there is an exact answer of when you will get it. Why wait and not just install it yourself? Its the same APK they will be pushing to you anyways.
Because currently I do not want to hack my phone ^^. before my N4 I got a Gt-I9000 and when I placed my first .apk... that was the start. I rooted, installed custom roms, hack custom roms etc etc etc. I know myself. I fear of the future me after that :)

But thanks. I got the answer that I needed. It started to rolling out.

villapark75

Apr 10, 2011
dont know. theres a new maps on desktop though, invite only right now. i got one last week :)
Thanks for the heads up, I just got the email, the new desktop maps seems pretty good. Can't find strretview though, just nearby images. Looking forward to the phone app :)

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
pull on the left side of the screen, press spam, press the menu button(three dots on the top right), press empty spam, press delete..

Nvm

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
I've been looking in all the different device forums trying to find someone that has dual panel enabled. Can you please tell me how you did it? I've tried every setting in PA hybrid settings and I can't get it to change. The previous version was fine on the same ROM.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

jakelariley

Oct 19, 2020
I am facing the problem whenever I open and close my gmail app, new emails are not syncing properly. Tried to login many a times. I just want to get the updates of new emails I get daily. Is it possible to get the new email notifications to other apps, specifically any of these - whatsapp, slack or skype?

sophiesaelig

Jun 8, 2020
I am facing the problem whenever I open and close my gmail app, new emails are not syncing properly. Tried to login many a times. I just want to get the updates of new emails I get daily. Is it possible to get the new email notifications to other apps, specifically any of these - whatsapp, slack or skype?
Yes, you can connect Gmail with other apps and get notified how you like. I’ve connected my Gmail account to Slack to get email notifications so I don’t have to open my inbox repeatedly. I use automate.io for this, it’s a SaaS tool, but there are other options available too. Check all the integrations of Gmail here.