New gmail account without phone number?

Search This thread

Pawprints1986

Mar 26, 2014
I just thought this may be another place worth asking this... Has anyone come up with a way to create a new gmail without having to give them your real phone number for sms verification? Especially with Sim hijacks on the rise it seems, I'd rather keep my number as private as possible, only people I actually know, or businesses I trust like my bank have my real number, im not one to put it on Facebook or anywhere public like that. But I'd like to create a new gmail account. It gives you no option to dodge the phone number on sign up and use say an alternate email instead. At that, you can't even revive an older, *already* created but haven't logged in for a long while gmail account, without giving them your number.

I've tried things like TextNow, fongo etc these don't allow SMS verification (which is kinda bs cuz what if that was the only phone number I had? What if I had a data only cell plan and that was my one and only number?)

I just wondered if there was any sort of root based way to force gmail to skip the verification, or allow it via another email?

I'm curious about this with other things as well but my current issue is gmail

Datastream33

Sep 17, 2017
I just thought this may be another place worth asking this... Has anyone come up with a way to create a new gmail without having to give them your real phone number for sms verification? Especially with Sim hijacks on the rise it seems, I'd rather keep my number as private as possible, only people I actually know, or businesses I trust like my bank have my real number, im not one to put it on Facebook or anywhere public like that. But I'd like to create a new gmail account. It gives you no option to dodge the phone number on sign up and use say an alternate email instead. At that, you can't even revive an older, *already* created but haven't logged in for a long while gmail account, without giving them your number.

I've tried things like TextNow, fongo etc these don't allow SMS verification (which is kinda bs cuz what if that was the only phone number I had? What if I had a data only cell plan and that was my one and only number?)

I just wondered if there was any sort of root based way to force gmail to skip the verification, or allow it via another email?

I believe Google started requiring phone numbers to prevent people (and bots) from creating new Gmail accounts for spam purposes or other means apart from using it personally. You could try following the methods discussed in this article. Cannot guarantee it will work though.

Pawprints1986

Mar 26, 2014
I forgot to mention, I'm Canadian so Google voice isn't a free option...

Will check that link out but chances are I've already found out and tried it lol

Pawprints1986

Mar 26, 2014
Or even, if anyone can confirm I'm able to immediately delete my number after sign up, without them saying I'm not allowed because I don't have any other legit numbers I'm replacing it with as they don't accept textnow etc. I don't want to end up providing it and then they won't let me delete it. I really like Google products overall, but this is a bit much for stopping bots. Why not ask for those verification picture things, or something?

Austinredstoner

Feb 3, 2021
Redmi Note 10 Pro

Just use the gmail app to create an account

Reactions: galaxys

Austinredstoner

Feb 3, 2021
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Gmail app still forces a phone number, tried that already...
Have u tried opening google from here
Screenshot_20210308-090730_Settings.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just use the gmail app to create an account
    Have u tried opening google from hereView attachment 5243991
    ^ yes this thing you can create infinite gmail