New Goophone I5S [Q] & [A] & Development Area

Search This thread

Manuxo

Oct 4, 2011
Porto
Hello!

I've created this thread to merge all the information i know about the new model of goophone: Goophone I5S

Specification:

- Dual Core MTK MT6577 1.0 Ghz Processor
- 4 Inch oneglass 854x480 Pixel display
- 512MB RAM
- 8GB Internal Storage
- 5.0 MP Rear Camera + 1.3 Front Camera
- Android 4.1.2

This a cheaper version of Goophone i5 Lite being the main differences the display, camara and internal storage.

The price of this phone is: $149.99

As soon as i get it home i'll post an tutorial how to root it and how to install google play.

Places where you can buy them:

Buy it from here (exceptional service) or from here (known by almost everyone)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW TO ROOT IT

- Download this Batch
- Turn on USB debug
- Connect your phone to you pc via USB with the phone turned on.
- Run the RunMe.batch
- Select normal mode
- Wait until its rooted.

It will restart and then make sure that you accept the SU Request.

HOW TO FIX BLACK SCREEN ISSUE and increase Battery life

Open the build.prop file located inside system folder, scroll to the bottom and add this lines

Code:
#MANUXOSETTINGS

wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180
pm.sleep_mode=1
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
ro.lge.proximity.delay=25
mot.proximity.delay=25

HOW TO FIX 3G

- Download APN Manager Pro and Titanium backup pro (must be this apps.)
- With Titanium Backup set the APN Manager as System App
- Open the APN Manager
- Set up your carrier settings
- And that is it

STOCK SOFTWARE

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE MT65XX USB DRIVERS

If all this information was useful for you, please don't forget to press the thanks button.

FLASH TOOL

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FLASH TOOL

Tutorial:

Download the flash tool
Extract it
Extract the stock rom
Open the SP Flash Tool
Load the scatter file from the ROM folder.
Turn off your phone
Press download button on the SP flash tool
Connect the phone via USB

The bars will start to progress. Wait until they finish and a green circle will pop up.

And that's it! You have now installed the stock software again.

USEFUL INFORMATION

1 - Switch Operating System Code: *#12369#*
Imput this code at dailing interface, the phone will switch operating system between original Android and iOS Theme.
2 - Access Factory Mode Code: *#*#3646633#*#*
This code is availble for most phones with MTK chipset, but please use this code carefully, because if you changed some referance, it will affect phone's feature.
3- Hold Home Button 3 seconds
When you hold the home button 3 seconds, the phone will appear on the screen three virtual buttons.
4- Double Click Home Button
Double click the home button, the screen will appear the apps you opened recently.
5- Hold Home Button 15 seconds
If your phone can't charging, or the system is dead, hold the home button for 15 second, the phone will restore to default factory status.

If all this information was useful for you, please don't forget to press the thanks button.

APPS THAT CAN BE DELETED FROM SYSTEM/APP FOLDER

- Opera
- Battery notification
- File Manager
- Easy Touch
- iFly - you can remove it easly.
- TongChoung.... - One that have an phone icon with chinese characters
- Baidu Search - That search icon with chinese characters
- Chinese Weather
- Baidu Maps
- Passbook

Do not remove GameCenter and mogoo market. Otherwise it will brick your phone

Some apps are inside /data/app folder

Any donation will be well recieved even 50 cents. This way you will be helping me to continue to work on this phone.
Notice that to help you out i also have costs. being the main one the electricity.
This month bill: 100 dolars. :x

DONATE

Last edited by a moderator:

mstrkvsh

Mar 2, 2013
hi, im not sure about any of this info!

in the goophone.hk website, it says the i5s has 1 gb and is capable of 8800score in antutu.. it also says that the screen is the same as goophone i5 960x ...

it also says that is running a much smoother UI with 4.1.2 android..

but all the websites that you posted are selling a less powerfull i5s..

any ideas?

z_man3007

Mar 28, 2011
Goophone I5s - I need the stock rom..

hi, im not sure about any of this info!

in the goophone.hk website, it says the i5s has 1 gb and is capable of 8800score in antutu.. it also says that the screen is the same as goophone i5 960x ...

it also says that is running a much smoother UI with 4.1.2 android..

but all the websites that you posted are selling a less powerfull i5s..

any ideas?

I can confirm that the i5s screen is not same as i5 because my i5s bricked and I have loaded the i5 rom and now, I lost the display.....the phone boots and you can hear the sound but on the screen I can only see different colors like rainbow. I need the stock rom to fix my phone...

art3s

Aug 14, 2008
how to install play store ?

received the phone today and quite impressed, but having problems figuring out how to install gapps and play store. has anyone had success with that ?

z_man3007

Mar 28, 2011
Goophone I5s - I need the stock rom..

received the phone today and quite impressed, but having problems figuring out how to install gapps and play store. has anyone had success with that ?

Yes I was able to load Play Store and rooted the phone. Just connect your phone to your PC and copy the play store .APK file from your PC to your phones internal storage. Open file explorer on your phone and install it. Here is the procedure to root your goophone:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

MonteCristoffOn

Oct 9, 2005
We need a good ROM

Hi all,

I'm in the same boat...
I've got it since a week (bought at android-sale, ).
The phone itself is really well made, excellent build quality.
The screen is really brilliant, and all is functionnal with a good reactivity and fluidity.
The iPhone theme is really good (I also got a real iPhone 5 so I can compare both ;))
Unfortunately, there is a lot of chinese crap... and no Google Play :(
I've read all other topics about others GooPhone but I think we can't flash any ROM from these other model (Y5, I5, ...).

I'm ready to test any compatible ROM
:cool:

art3s

Aug 14, 2008
Yes I was able to load Play Store and rooted the phone. Just connect your phone to your PC and copy the play store .APK file from your PC to your phones internal storage. Open file explorer on your phone and install it. Here is the procedure to root your goophone:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

thanks! managed to install all I need.

which of the Chinese apps could be uninstalled without breaking the phone's functionality?

MonteCristoffOn

Oct 9, 2005
Thanks.
Now rooted with Google PlayStore, it's better now!
Don't know how to destroy all bloatware from it now... (i'm quite a newbie with Android :silly:) and associate some icons to other apk...

PS: attached some funny pics from my unboxing xperience ;) with the symptomatic Slide to unClock

I've also found some tips from Shine (android-sale) :
1. Switch Operating System Code: *#12369#*
Imput this code at dailing interface, the phone will switch operating system between original Android and iOS Theme.
2. Access Factory Mode Code: *#*#3646633#*#*
This code is availble for most phones with MTK chipset, but please use this code carefully, because if you changed some referance, it will affect phone's feature.
3. Hold Home Button 3 seconds
When you hold the home button 3 seconds, the phone will appear on the screen three virtual buttons.
4. Double Click Home Button
Double click the home button, the screen will appear the apps you opened recently.
5. Hold Home Button 15 seconds
If your phone can't charging, or the system is dead, hold the home button for 15 second, the phone will restore to default factory status.

Last edited:

z_man3007

Mar 28, 2011
goophone i5s

thanks! managed to install all I need.

which of the Chinese apps could be uninstalled without breaking the phone's functionality?

Don't uninstall any.... cause thats how I bricked my phone. Just wait for a STOCK rom to be available than you can do whatever you like. I already know how to load a rom on this phone but I can't find the STOCK ROM anywhere.

Last edited:

z_man3007

Mar 28, 2011
goophone i5s

Hi z_man3007,

Did you try this?

Yes, I have tried that but nothing....if you hold the power button for 15 seconds it will turn your phone off. If you hold Vol - + Power Button, it will show you recovery menu but in the recovery menu you can select options using Vol - and Vol + but you cannot execute any command ... I have tried power button and home button nothing works. Thank you for your assistance.

Note: I did try holding the HOME button for 15 seconds nothing happens.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Later, I will upload the drivers and step by step procedure.... how to load a rom on Goophone i5s. It needs a special flash tool to be used in order to flash or load a rom on this phone. Since, my phone is bricked, I have tried many different things, I have even installed rom from Goophone i5, since both model have different display, nothing shows on the screen except color like rainbow. The phone boots up fine its just that display wont work. If I press Vol - or Vol + button I can hear the volume going down and also going up. I desperately need the STOCK rom. Is there a way to extract the STOCK ROM from a functional Goophone i5s?

Last edited:

marcha

Nov 20, 2012
Hi guys, this is my first post on xda forum.
Goophone.hk doesn'tt sell this model anymore. You can check on theire's webpage.
Now they have I5S model with better specs. Here is the official video: "bangpai . taobao . com/group/thread/1287552-280921683.htm" (remove spaces)
Few weeks ago I saw I5S model with low screen resolution on goophone's website. But this was a short sale to sold these phones. Now they sells new I5S phones.

Manuxo

Oct 4, 2011
Porto
Hi,

On the end of the day i will post here the stock software so you can reflash it if the things go bad.

Things i already tested.

- none of goophone y5 ROMS work on this model.
- none of goophone i5 lite ROMS/Firmware work on this model
- removing some chinese apps can brick your phone.

Things i will made shortly

- slide to unlock in english on all languages
- slide to poweroff in english on all languages
- iLauncher - iOS like
- Delete all the chinese apps
- Install al google services
- Fix the taskbar background

Then i will compile it on a new ROM and i will put it here so you can all download it

Download the stock rom here

There is already an tutorial on the first page teaching how to root it and how to install playstore.

If this information was useful for you please don't forget to press the thanks button.

Regards

Last edited:

steph844

Mar 25, 2013
Stuck on the boot logo

Hello i've tried to install the play store but with the root explorer I change the permissions to 777 dor the play store and I reboot the phone and now I'm stuck on the boot logo.
Please Help me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!

I've created this thread to merge all the information i know about the new model of goophone: Goophone I5S

Specification:

- Dual Core MTK MT6577 1.0 Ghz Processor
    - 4 Inch oneglass 854x480 Pixel display
    - 512MB RAM
    - 8GB Internal Storage
    - 5.0 MP Rear Camera + 1.3 Front Camera
    - Android 4.1.2

This a cheaper version of Goophone i5 Lite being the main differences the display, camara and internal storage.

The price of this phone is: $149.99

As soon as i get it home i'll post an tutorial how to root it and how to install google play.

Places where you can buy them:

Buy it from here (exceptional service) or from here (known by almost everyone)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW TO ROOT IT

- Download this Batch
    - Turn on USB debug
    - Connect your phone to you pc via USB with the phone turned on.
    - Run the RunMe.batch
    - Select normal mode
    - Wait until its rooted.

It will restart and then make sure that you accept the SU Request.

HOW TO FIX BLACK SCREEN ISSUE and increase Battery life

Open the build.prop file located inside system folder, scroll to the bottom and add this lines

Code:
    #MANUXOSETTINGS

wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180
    pm.sleep_mode=1
    ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
    ro.lge.proximity.delay=25
    mot.proximity.delay=25

HOW TO FIX 3G

- Download APN Manager Pro and Titanium backup pro (must be this apps.)
    - With Titanium Backup set the APN Manager as System App
    - Open the APN Manager
    - Set up your carrier settings
    - And that is it

STOCK SOFTWARE

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE MT65XX USB DRIVERS

FLASH TOOL

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FLASH TOOL

Tutorial:

Download the flash tool
    Extract it
    Extract the stock rom
    Open the SP Flash Tool
    Load the scatter file from the ROM folder.
    Turn off your phone
    Press download button on the SP flash tool
    Connect the phone via USB

The bars will start to progress. Wait until they finish and a green circle will pop up.

And that's it! You have now installed the stock software again.

USEFUL INFORMATION

1 - Switch Operating System Code: *#12369#*
    2 - Access Factory Mode Code: *#*#3646633#*#*
    3- Hold Home Button 3 seconds
    4- Double Click Home Button
    5- Hold Home Button 15 seconds

APPS THAT CAN BE DELETED FROM SYSTEM/APP FOLDER

- Opera
    - Battery notification
    - File Manager
    - Easy Touch
    - iFly - you can remove it easly.
    - TongChoung.... - One that have an phone icon with chinese characters
    - Baidu Search - That search icon with chinese characters
    - Chinese Weather
    - Baidu Maps
    - Passbook

Do not remove GameCenter and mogoo market. Otherwise it will brick your phone

Some apps are inside /data/app folder

Any donation will be well recieved even 50 cents. This way you will be helping me to continue to work on this phone.
    Notice that to help you out i also have costs. being the main one the electricity.
    This month bill: 100 dolars. :x

DONATE
    Hi,

On the end of the day i will post here the stock software so you can reflash it if the things go bad.

Things i already tested.

- none of goophone y5 ROMS work on this model.
    - none of goophone i5 lite ROMS/Firmware work on this model
    - removing some chinese apps can brick your phone.

Things i will made shortly

- slide to unlock in english on all languages
    - slide to poweroff in english on all languages
    - iLauncher - iOS like
    - Delete all the chinese apps
    - Install al google services
    - Fix the taskbar background

Then i will compile it on a new ROM and i will put it here so you can all download it

Download the stock rom here

There is already an tutorial on the first page teaching how to root it and how to install playstore.

If this information was useful for you please don't forget to press the thanks button.

Regards
    Google Play fixed on Goophone i5S

Guys, I have a good news, I have fixed the Google Play Store crushing problem. Here are the steps:

1) First, you need to ROOT your phone in order for Google Play to work properly.
    2) Download ES File Explorer from here. https://mega.co.nz/#!AUUzRLwZ!IhH81QKaIci72dTXcBogcFhx75E-2FQu555p1Rj9Lag
    3) Download Vending.apk file from here. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21630798/Android TV stick/Vending.apk

Download these two files and copy them to the internal storage of your phone.

Please Install ES File Explorer on your phone first.

4) Open ES File Explorer on your phone.
    - Press and hold Home button for 2 seconds and you will see a Menu bar will pop up from the bottom. It has 3 buttons on it.
    - Touch the third button all the way to the right.
    IMAG0018.jpg
    - Now, you will see another menu bar from the bottom with 6 options on it.
    IMAG0019.jpg
    - Touch the SETTINGS options.
    - Now, scroll all the way down on the next page and touch Root Settings options.
    IMAG0020.jpg
    - Please turn on all the options on the Root Settings Page.
    - Options are:

IMAG0021.jpg
    Root Explorer ----- on
    Up To Root ----- on
    Mount File System ----- on
    Backup System App ---- on
    (un) Install apk automatically --- on

6) Now, on the Root Settings windows press the BACK button located all the way left top corner of the screen.
    7) Press and Hold Home button for 2 seconds again and you will see a menu bar will pop up from the bottom of the screen with 3 options on it.
    IMAG0023.jpg
    8) Press the BACK button which is the First one on the menu, now you will be back on File menu.
    9) In the ES File explorer window, locate the Vending.apk file that you have copied from your PC.
    IMAG0024.jpg
    10) Once, you have located the Vending.apk file, touch and hold the file until you see the Operations menu pops up. Now, select COPY
    from the Operations menu window.
    11) Now, press the UP button which is located all the way top of the Screen next to Search button. Keep pressing until you are on the / (root)
    folder.
    12) Find the SYSTEM folder and in side the SYSTEM folder find the app folder. Once, you are inside the app folder Press the PASTE button
    which is located all the way top right corner next to CANCEL button.
    13) Now, we need to change the permission of Vending.apk file.

14) Press and hold the Vending.apk file until you see the Operations menu, now scroll all the way down and select PROPERTIES.

15) On the Properties window, select CHANGE button.

16) Please make sure READ is checked for User, Group and other. Also, make sure WRITE is checked only for User.

(Note: Look at the screenshot below how the permissions should be.)
    IMAG0026.jpg

17) Now, press OK button on the Change Screen and press Ok button again on Properties screen.

18) Now, exit out ES File Explorer by keep pressing the UP button until you are out.

19) If you have copied the Vending.apk file successfully, you will see Play Store icon on your MAIN screen.

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL PLAY STORE MANUALLY. ONCE, VENDING.APK COPIED SUCCESSFULLY, PLAY STORE WILL BE INSTALLED AUTOMATICALLY.

Please check the screenshots if you are having problem.....
    For that ones that bricked their phone please read the first page of this thread.

I've already posted the stock rom so it can be flashed again.
    I also posted the link to download the Flashtool software.

Regards
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone