• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

New Guy Looking for Advice

Search This thread

Droneman

Jul 31, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
I have been using a (ATT) Note 3 on TMobile for the last 7-8 years that I rooted and dialed in thanks to this Forum years ago.
Because I like the 16-1 aspect ration, I just bought a Note 5 to replace my aging Note 3.

Here is what I would like to do.

1) - Download all the Data from my Note 3 to my local pc. (which program should I use?)
2) - Root & remove all the bloatware from the new att Note 5
3) - drag/drop my choice of apps, messages, contacts from my pc to the Note 5

I took a screen shot of my *about page showing all the phone info, but unlike my Note 3, when I plug in N5, it does Not connect as a device, (it charges, but I can see nothing on my pc).

SMN920A
N920AUCS4CPK1

Not sure which forum to start in and came here for advice.
Thank you
Jim

Reactions: orb_selektor

SMcC2

Feb 22, 2014
Texas
OnePlus 6T
I have a different device, so not certain this applies... my device defaults to charge only when I connect to to my PC.
I swipe down on the notification area, select USB options, and then enable File Transfer.
Good luck!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have been using a (ATT) Note 3 on TMobile for the last 7-8 years that I rooted and dialed in thanks to this Forum years ago.
    Because I like the 16-1 aspect ration, I just bought a Note 5 to replace my aging Note 3.

Here is what I would like to do.

1) - Download all the Data from my Note 3 to my local pc. (which program should I use?)
    2) - Root & remove all the bloatware from the new att Note 5
    3) - drag/drop my choice of apps, messages, contacts from my pc to the Note 5

I took a screen shot of my *about page showing all the phone info, but unlike my Note 3, when I plug in N5, it does Not connect as a device, (it charges, but I can see nothing on my pc).

SMN920A
    N920AUCS4CPK1

Not sure which forum to start in and came here for advice.
    Thank you
    Jim