• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

New Holder of the Poco F2 pro

Search This thread

FrostStaff

Oct 10, 2020
Hello XDA people,

I received the phone and would like to ask you some tips or thought about some questions.

I just plug in the phone for charge to 100% before power it on and customize, by customize i mean doing options preferencies, using adb and "FastBootTools", updates.....

I would like to know in witch order I should :

parameterize the phone before or after using XADBF ?

Doing updates if there's update ? before tweaking ? Put my sim card in it before or after ?

Some of you got trouble with MIUI 12 vs MIUI 11 ? Should i stay on MIUI

I read this week when i prepare my things before getting the phone, that i shouldn't touch "Gallery" and "Finddevice" ( don't know if a freez is ok ), is there others things i need to avoid ?

Thanx for your help.

Just for info, got a oneplus 3 with a screen who got "detached" , unglue and the amoled was turning purpple to black,couldn't find a low price for a screen (amoled), online,they sell LCD panel and thought i couldn't repair it with an lcd screen.... so for a week was looking for a new phone.This is my first xiaomi !

Last edited:

FrostStaff

Oct 10, 2020
OK so i did everything alone, as usual ^ ^ and for now so far so good. First impressions, i 'm not a fan of some MIUI things, like the fact that you can't for now disable the Finddevice, the "Shield Guard" (firewall) but others then that, works fine,got a straight line on my battery at night, no data on my back... will see in the future. Received OTA after tweakings, and connect my sim card, all good.

FrostStaff

Oct 10, 2020
No there's a bug...... got 0% when i wake up everyday (no plane mode ). Got it on my oneplus 3 too for 4 years.Just doing my tweaking ,and options...

Will see tomorrow ; )

Last edited: