• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

New JAMin official ROM

Search This thread

tjohnso1

Jan 13, 2005
Germany
Prophet upgrade Rom from O2

swartb said:
I installed it and configuring my device at this moment.

Seems a lot faster

Hello,
relatively new here... i'm expecting my new O2 Neo (Prophet) tomorrow. However, it is O2 branded and i'd like to get the newest rom onto the devie.
Question, could someone very briefly outline the steps i need to take to do this? From reading the posts I gather there is more to it than just running the rom, right?
Thanks in advance for all the good informative posts...seems like some real experts here...
thanks.

Geezergeek

Mar 30, 2006
Melbourne
Re: JAMin switches itself off

silvermail said:
Hello,

Geezergeek said:
Hi all. I'm enjoying the new ROM in my JAMin except for the fact that it switches itself off and I have to reset it to get it going again. sometimes it lasts for several minutes and sometimes several hours. I'm currently removing my apps one by one to see if this has any effect and then if I can't locate the problem I'll try a hard reset and not load any aps to see what happens. The other thing I'm thinking is that it may be SD card related - I'm running a 2 Gb mini SD in its sleeve from Mobymemory.
Anyone else having similar issues?

I have exactly the same issue as yours, i.e. once the phone 'sleeps' I cannot wake it up and I will have to do a soft reset. I have a 1 GB SD card so I don't think the problem lies with the SD card.

My feeling is that there may be a conflict between the Dopod's Voice commander and the one provided by Jamin. I have uninstalled Dopod's voice commander and so far it seems to be more stable.

Will continue to monitor..
[/quote]

Hi

I don't think this could be the cause for me as I have the JAMin version (not the Dopod). I'm still interested in any other findings you may have
Thankyou
Geezergeek

silvermail

May 9, 2005

Hello there,

Geezergeek said:
Hi

I don't think this could be the cause for me as I have the JAMin version (not the Dopod). I'm still interested in any other findings you may have
Thankyou
Geezergeek

I am running on the Jamin version right now, but I do have some .CABS which I have installed from my old Dopod EXT ROM..

Anyway, I don't think the problem is caused by Voice Commander as I still encountered the sleeping problem even after the software removal.

Back to more testing... :? Thanks..

gohyc

Aug 4, 2005
Singapore

silvermail said:
Hello there,
I am running on the Jamin version right now, but I do have some .CABS which I have installed from my old Dopod EXT ROM..

Anyway, I don't think the problem is caused by Voice Commander as I still encountered the sleeping problem even after the software removal.

Back to more testing... :? Thanks..

Mine is DOPOD, and the only .cabs I installed from the old dopod rom are the configuration files for my mobile operator. All other softwares are newly installed (i.e. not restore from backups done before rom upgrade).

So far, I didn't encounter any sleeping problem since I upgraded the rom last Monday. Also didn't encounter SD card problem even once.

My dopod on old rom used to soft-reset itself few times a day for unknown reasons, and ALWAYS soft-reset and hang (cannot boot up successfully) when using AC power to charge the unit. With this new rom, I do no have this problem anymore so far.

Note that the softwares that I installed before and after rom upgrades are the same (with the exception CE-Star which I have not gotten to installing on this new rom, which I will do so after this and monitor further).

So far, I am quite please with this new rom update, except :
1. Changing default IM do not work anymore (via registry hack or using 3rd party tools).
2. No A2DP profile
3. Cannot start Skype software (only can start sometimes). Why know what's the cause. Conflict with other softwares?

Peter

Matterhorn

Nov 29, 2004
Re: Voice Dialer on Jamin Rom vs. Dopod

doodlydood said:
Hi all,

Flashed my 818 Pro with the new Jamin Rom. Definitely faster, and stable thus far. I can't say the push email is any different than the "as items arrive" option on the Dopod, but both work fine.

Anyways, I find the voice dialer software with the Jamin compares poorly to Dopod's. Is there any way to remove the Jamin one and put the Dopod on it?

Thanks all - great forum and great folks on it!

Aron

I can do a hard reset on my Jamin and stop the installation of the extended ROM, the Voice Dialing, Clear Vue, Smart Dialing and MMS programs (maybe others) are already in the windows directory. It appears that the extended ROM only activates them with a small program. The size of the extended ROM activation files are tiny compared to how big they should be if they were the real program. Windows won't let you delete these files without a special hack program that I'm not sure works with the Jamin yet.

marcov

Nov 3, 2005

Geezergeek said:
Hi all. I'm enjoying the new ROM in my JAMin except for the fact that it switches itself off and I have to reset it to get it going again. sometimes it lasts for several minutes and sometimes several hours. I'm currently removing my apps one by one to see if this has any effect and then if I can't locate the problem I'll try a hard reset and not load any aps to see what happens. The other thing I'm thinking is that it may be SD card related - I'm running a 2 Gb mini SD in its sleeve from Mobymemory.

Cheers

Geezergeek

PS. I'm running CoPilot, eWallet, Battery Pack Pro and PhoneAlarm from the SD card - the app I've just removed is Resco File Explorer which was difficult to install in the first place - took several attaempts.

Same problem for me.I have a JAMin, I notice that happen espacially after I charge completely my device. I installed PB5, PWeather, Memmaid,handymenu,handyswitcher. I have a 2GB SD.

jaxf250

Dec 11, 2004
FL

Geezergeek said:
silvermail said:
Hello,

Geezergeek said:

I have exactly the same issue as yours, i.e. once the phone 'sleeps' I cannot wake it up and I will have to do a soft reset. I have a 1 GB SD card so I don't think the problem lies with the SD card.

My feeling is that there may be a conflict between the Dopod's Voice commander and the one provided by Jamin. I have uninstalled Dopod's voice commander and so far it seems to be more stable.

Hi

Thankyou
Geezergeek[/quote]

I had this issue too and it was PhoneAlarm not being setup correctly (well, seems that way now after a few days running with new profile settings). What I think caused the switch off was the "backlight battery" and "shutdown battery" times being different. I have set them all to 2 minutes under every profile I have configured and so far I have not had the lock up happen again.

YMMV

hkgolfnut

Jan 10, 2006
Can't install the new ROM

I am getting the following error message when I try to flash the new ROM on my Dopod 818 Pro -

"Error [294]: Invalid Vender ID"
"This Update Utility cannot be used for your PDA Phone. Please check your Update Utility."

Anyone encounter this or is there steps that I should do before flahing the new ROM in?

mikewchandler

Nov 16, 2004
I've been very, very careful about what 3rd party apps and my jamin is having absolutely no problems. In fact, the original rom had no problems either (when I didn't run the ext rom).

Now, though, I'm running the device as intended (letting the ext rom run) and then just uninstalling what I don't want through the "remove programs".

It seems most of these issues are likely secondary to 3rd party apps (ie pocket plus or phone alarm are likely). I know they may have worked on the previous rom for some or on wm2003 for most, but you never know? Good luck, though. :roll:

silvermail

May 9, 2005

Hello Peter,

"Mine is DOPOD, and the only .cabs I installed from the old dopod rom are the configuration files for my mobile operator. All other softwares are newly installed (i.e. not restore from backups done before rom upgrade).

I followed what you suggested and I don't have any problems right now with the new Jamin ROM. Pretty fast and stable! Yippee!

Thanks!

Khuanchai

Feb 13, 2006
mikewchandler said:
I've been very, very careful about what 3rd party apps and my jamin is having absolutely no problems. In fact, the original rom had no problems either (when I didn't run the ext rom).

Now, though, I'm running the device as intended (letting the ext rom run) and then just uninstalling what I don't want through the "remove programs".

It seems most of these issues are likely secondary to 3rd party apps (ie pocket plus or phone alarm are likely). I know they may have worked on the previous rom for some or on wm2003 for most, but you never know? Good luck, though. :roll:

I totally agree with Mike on the effects from installed applications. Avoid using too many today plugins and registry hacking applications if possbile.

anoying pop-up message after ROM upgrade.

First things first.

Have run this new ROM since it were released and well I am totally satisfied (more or less that is) in terms of stability and performance. Not a single unmotivated soft reset.

However, ever since the upgrade whenever I softreset and after every sync I get a pop-up message saying:
New photocard installed do you want to view the photos?
it has a yes or no option.

This little detail really do bug me, anyone outhere that can help me disable it?

Thanks all.

Tubbie

marcov

Nov 3, 2005

jaxf250 said:
Geezergeek said:
silvermail said:
Hello,

Geezergeek said:

Hi

Thankyou
Geezergeek

I had this issue too and it was PhoneAlarm not being setup correctly (well, seems that way now after a few days running with new profile settings). What I think caused the switch off was the "backlight battery" and "shutdown battery" times being different. I have set them all to 2 minutes under every profile I have configured and so far I have not had the lock up happen again.

YMMV[/quote]

I follow your advice and it seem to be allright now......but few minutes ago it switch on by itself and freeze. No response to any key, I softreset .
Let's see next days

Geezergeek

Mar 30, 2006
Melbourne

marcov said:
jaxf250 said:
Geezergeek said:
silvermail said:
Hello,

Geezergeek said:

Hi

Thankyou
Geezergeek

YMMV

I follow your advice and it seem to be allright now......but few minutes ago it switch on by itself and freeze. No response to any key, I softreset .
Let's see next days[/quote]

It does look like PhoneAlarm may be the culprit for me anyway. I've done a hard reset and have not installed PhoneAlarm and have not hand the problem since. There is a lot of discussion on the issue over are pocketmax.net. Mind you, I've not reinstalled Battery Pack Pro either. I only really used this for the task switcher and close functions and have since swapped to InClose Mobile for this functionality - this seems to work fine so far - at least on my Hx4700 (with WM5 Rom)
I'll hold of using PhoneAlarm for a while till they get to the bottom of the issue - too bad; its a must have app for me.

cheers

geezergeek

ganglion5

Feb 23, 2006
So what is the verdict so far? Is it worth upgrading to the new ROM for those who have tried it? Or are you just trading old problems with new problems? I'm worried that I'm going to have a harder time dealing with new and unforseen problems, rather than just deal with what I'm used to (SD card disappearance). Can anyone give suggestions before I take the plunge?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does anyone know what is in the extended rom on the new Jamin upgrade that was released today

Should i install it

Advise