• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

New JAMin official ROM

Search This thread

chuaniau

Feb 16, 2006
Singapore
Geezergeek said:
Now that I've rebuild without PhonAlarm, the new ROM has been pretty stable for the last few days so I'd say go for it (FWIW)
cheers

Geezergeek
Since I changed my PhoneAlarm skin to 'default text', my phone has not experience reset or hang. I think it may the the animation in the HGS5 skin. Also, I have reflashed to S200 ROM in place of JAMin, which I find it to be more stable and snappy.

thescum

Mar 3, 2006
SG
heya chuaniau, based on your advise and findings, i too am using the s200 rom with PA. And its true, the s200 does feel a little snappier (this was tested with 2 Pros, and cross flashed to ensure no disparity)

However, i've never experienced issues with PA, but am using 1.40 beta 2 with a morph of filex and bax2002 screens (thanks to PA skin editor), which has the text window data rotation on. It may not be the text rotator option.

Don't know whether its a compatibility issue with PA 1.30.03 with this version of WM5 (with AKU2), so you might wanna test with 1.40 beta 2. Hope this helps...

ganglion5

Feb 23, 2006
I finally made the plunge and installed the new ROM. Is it just me, or do other people have problems setting the default input. I like the default input to be block recognizer. I never had a problem doing this either through the registry hack or thru tweaks2k2. For some reason, I can't seem to change the default input using both ways in the new ROM. It keeps coming back to the keyboard even though the registry is telling it to use Block Recognizer. Has anyone encountered this? If so, any solution?

gohyc

Aug 4, 2005
Singapore
ganglion5 said:
I finally made the plunge and installed the new ROM. Is it just me, or do other people have problems setting the default input. I like the default input to be block recognizer. I never had a problem doing this either through the registry hack or thru tweaks2k2. For some reason, I can't seem to change the default input using both ways in the new ROM. It keeps coming back to the keyboard even though the registry is telling it to use Block Recognizer. Has anyone encountered this? If so, any solution?

Please refer to my earlier post on this in this thread. You are not alone man!! So far, nobody seems to have a fix or workaround on this. I installed CE-STAR and the default IM works, but later on I updated Phat Notes to a newer version, and the default IM (Phone Pad) is not working again, that is Keyboard keep appearing as the default IM after every reboot.

beatrix

Jul 6, 2005
hi, i'm planing to flash my dopod to an imate rom. question. can i use the mobile operator extended rom from dopod so it would automatically set up my configuration on mms etc?

chuaniau

Feb 16, 2006
Singapore
beatrix said:
hi, i'm planing to flash my dopod to an imate rom. question. can i use the mobile operator extended rom from dopod so it would automatically set up my configuration on mms etc?
Hi, yes, but you must not let the extrom install after your hardreset. Flash your local dopod mobile operator extented rom. then select only the extrom you want to flash from imate (you could change the default directory in the registry to point to your storage card\extended_rom\ for the config file.
I have successfully used the imate and qtek with Singtel MMS/GPRS config with no problem.

beatrix

Jul 6, 2005
i could not download from the link on the first page. can someone point me where i could download the rom? another thread has this JAMin_WWE_213923_2139123_022021_ship.zip. is this the new one? thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does anyone know what is in the extended rom on the new Jamin upgrade that was released today

Should i install it

Advise