• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General New Joying Android 10 UIS7862 Octacore 1.8GHz (4GB RAM, 64GB flash)

Search This thread

barnesk9

Sep 23, 2008
Has anyone been able to root their device yet?

I want to use the nokill mod so I can actually use Tasker. I'd also like to stop the device from reinstalling apps when it's sleeps. I disabled easyConnect and it enables itself after sleep every time.

poyz

Sep 23, 2007
Melbourne

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
It is?? So we can use the same files from the Px5? Can we also use the rest of the options in @surfer63 tool too?

No,you cannot.
Rooting needs to match the version of the kernel, use Magisk to patch the boot.img from firmware package or your units.Then make a 6315_1.zip package to flash.

Exactly. gamer765 meant that it can be done exactly the same way as on previous units. Not by using the files from those previous units..

apocalypse_bg

May 27, 2010
Huawei Mate 20 X
@techy101 or someone else, can you please confirm the nature of the ribbon cable connecting the screen to the main unit? It looks a lot like an regular IDE cable. Is that so?

Due to the specifics of my car, I'm looking to get a unit, that I can install in addition to the factory system. The idea is to hide the main body in the glovebox and run cables across the dash, to a display mounted in the center (so I need to extend the cable by a significant amount, didn't saw an extension on their page)

Allan_Hun

Mar 11, 2014
Gl.Rye
@techy101 or someone else, can you please confirm the nature of the ribbon cable connecting the screen to the main unit? It looks a lot like an regular IDE cable. Is that so?

Due to the specifics of my car, I'm looking to get a unit, that I can install in addition to the factory system. The idea is to hide the main body in the glovebox and run cables across the dash, to a display mounted in the center (so I need to extend the cable by a significant amount, didn't saw an extension on their page)
I don't know if it would work. Be aware that you might get signal/noise issues if you extend the cable to far. A cable with individually shielded relatively thick wires would obviously allow you to extend further than thin unshielded wires.
I'm not saying you will have trouble -only that it's possible you might...

apocalypse_bg

May 27, 2010
Huawei Mate 20 X
I don't know if it would work. Be aware that you might get signal/noise issues if you extend the cable to far. A cable with individually shielded relatively thick wires would obviously allow you to extend further than thin unshielded wires.
I'm not saying you will have trouble -only that it's possible you might...
Yea, that's my concern also (and also the cable would need to pass relatively close to the existing radio navigation unit (and probably next to a speaker) . There seems to be an option though: 40 Pin Shielded cable

I'll write them never the less and see if they reply. Otherwise I'll go back to the more expensive and limited variant of a Pioneer Unit

gamer765

Jan 14, 2009
They will not admit that it is an IDE cable, but you are right, it is an IDE cable from the old days and nothing special. Joying will tell you otherwise in hopes to make money selling you a "special" cable. They just used the IDE cable since it has the necessary amount of pins they needed and since it's already an actual product, they dont need to do R&D to create a new cable.

John5788

Nov 12, 2008
www.x5788.net
Does anyone know how to further reduce the brightness on these units? The 0 setting on the brightness setting when I have my headlights on is still far too bright.

shzlmnzl

Dec 12, 2020
hi there.
is there any solution for Google Voice with phone calls ?
maybe I missed it here...

"ok google - open contacts" works but no calling...
google says "sorry I can't make a phone call yet"

any other suggestions?

Andromeda_Station

Oct 16, 2016
Does anyone know how to further reduce the brightness on these units?

I'm using Screen Filter...however it can only be configured through it's notification, and these units appear to not show them (wtf?). I installed an app to display it's notification and just uninstalled it after I configured Screen Filter...I can't remember which one I used, might have been Recent Notification. Just be careful not to set it so dim you can't see the screen.

John5788

Nov 12, 2008
www.x5788.net
I'm using Screen Filter...however it can only be configured through it's notification, and these units appear to not show them (wtf?). I installed an app to display it's notification and just uninstalled it after I configured Screen Filter...I can't remember which one I used, might have been Recent Notification. Just be careful not to set it so dim you can't see the screen.

The default behavior is to kill apps while the ignition/accessory is off for a long period of time. So how does this get handled? Do you have to manually relaunch the app when the you get back in the car? Or does it somehow persist through sleep/reboot cycles?

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
hi there.
is there any solution for Google Voice with phone calls ?
maybe I missed it here...

"ok google - open contacts" works but no calling...
google says "sorry I can't make a phone call yet"

any other suggestions?
That's with about 50% of the sc9853i and uis7862 units: either it works or it doesn't. After all these years Joying (or actually FYT) still didn't solve it.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
The default behavior is to kill apps while the ignition/accessory is off for a long period of time. So how does this get handled? Do you have to manually relaunch the app when the you get back in the car? Or does it somehow persist through sleep/reboot cycles?

Use fytstarter from @bambapin. It will start up when coming from resume and lauches other apps that you select.

Reactions: V8 Cowboy

apocalypse_bg

May 27, 2010
Huawei Mate 20 X
They will not admit that it is an IDE cable, but you are right, it is an IDE cable from the old days and nothing special. Joying will tell you otherwise in hopes to make money selling you a "special" cable. They just used the IDE cable since it has the necessary amount of pins they needed and since it's already an actual product, they dont need to do R&D to create a new cable.

Well it's not 40 PIN ribbon cable (IDE uses the same, but the connector is missing one pin for alignment so an actual IDE cable won't work).

They offer an 1 meter cable also.

1611029802663.png

Reactions: V8 Cowboy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As long as your MCU doesn't say TS10 in it, you can flash any UIS7862 ROM on your radio unit . You just need to change the fyt Id in fyt.prop to match your current id before flashing otherwise you will get a red inscription about I'd not matching.
    Forget it. You will never get it to work on these Chinese units. Not on the FYT ones and neither on the other brands. Netflix doesn't want that. Some years ago older Netflix versions were hacked to work on those units, but I assume Netflix detects that as they do not work anymore, and you can't hack the new versions.
    Note that I never used it myself. I just repeat out of older conversations on this and other forums, as I see you keep asking this question.
    It's not really netflix but rather a general DRM (Digital Rights Management) issue. Any software, hardware or app used to playback copyrighted material must contain the DRM technology in order for it to work.

You can try downloading firefox browser and try that. You may be able to get netflix if played through a browser like Firefox so long as it has the CDM (Content Decryption Module) loaded into firefox.

From the firefox website:
    Digital Rights Management (DRM) is technology that enables online video and audio services to enforce that the content they provide is used in accordance with their requirements. This technology may restrict some of the things you can do in the browser. Many services are moving towards HTML5 video that requires a different DRM mechanism called a Content Decryption Module (CDM).
    Well crap. I tapped that wire to use it as my power on wire for the amp. It works. My amp turns on & off with the headunit.
    @toecheese how could I test that wire to make sure my amp is getting 12v and not 10v?

Test the output voltage of that wire with a DC Multimeter.
    Well crap. I tapped that wire to use it as my power on wire for the amp. It works. My amp turns on & off with the headunit.
    @toecheese how could I test that wire to make sure my amp is getting 12v and not 10v?
    Doesn't matter. It's just a trigger wire. The amp does not use the trigger wire as ANY part of its supply voltage. In fact the amp's trigger system is completely isolated from the rest of the amp. If your amp is triggering on 10volts then leave it. No harm done.

There SHOULD already be a proper amp trigger wire on the back of your joying though and the blue one is not used on the jeep... is there not? An ornage/black wire? An AMP trigger wire is pretty much standard on any head unit. It should be there.

jNsvnU2.jpg
    Yeah, the blue wire is simply a trigger wire for a power antenna (not to be confused with an amplified antenna). It's a motor driven antenna which extends/contracts when the head unit is powered on/off. These kinds of motor driven antennas can be found in Cadillacs and other such vehicles.
    Some antennas, other than the ones that extend and retract, require power as well. I think some/many of the VW line require power for their antenna as well as my North American 2012 Kia Sorento SX. I think it's for an amplifier/signal booster that's in the base of the antenna. I know my harness had one for the antenna and also by looking at the schematic for my car. I use the amp wire to provide power to the fans that I added to the back of my unit. When it's cold/winter, I turn the fans off from the settings' AMP control.
    EDIT: XDA didn't like me attaching the photos, just got broken links so I'm sorry that they're embedded like this.

Joying just sent me a review unit of their new 10.1" Android 10 head unit so I figured it should have its own thread. It looks like they're pumping out updated versions of all their previous devices by the day so I imagine they'll have versions of this in all the different screen sizes soon. First impression is good. The interface is appreciably more responsive than the Intel unit I currently have in the car. I'm working on some videos but figured I'd throw some pictures in here. Here is an unboxing and interface tour video: https://youtu.be/h__Zc0fwOtw

The PCB looks is clearly iterative but looks to have some significant redesigns, especially with the power supply which is much larger than on the previous Intel design, through that might be required for extra derived voltages for the new UIS7862 SoC.

The previous Intel PCB used an STM32 MCU in between the main SoC and the bluetooth module which probably contributed to the difficulty interfacing Bluetooth devices that weren't specifically allowed by Joying. The area where this chip was now looks to be filled with power components though the same Bluetooth module is still used. I'm hopeful that this means there's direct communication from the SoC to the BT module, but that'll take more digging to determine. There is also a new general purpose ARM Cortex-M4 MCU added between the SoC carrier board and the DSP chip (GigaDevice GD32F330R8T6). I'm curious if that's taken the place of the old STM32 chip or if it's used for something else. Hopefully I'll be able to determine what it's used for, but I'm not touching anything until I get it installed and reviewed.

The green PCB is the Intel board and the yellowish one is the new Android 10 board. Of note is the fact that the new PCB has Joying's name silk screened onto it where the old Intel one didn't. So, at bare minimum, this board is spun just for Joying, even if the only differences are the silk screen layers.

Any requests for specific details?

yHVsNkX.jpg

BF1savB.jpg

b7WJzrV.jpg

3exgCwW.jpg

1W9xbit.jpg

RQ38Whj.jpg

b70J2vp.jpg

IzADAW0.jpg

nZUo3Z5.jpg

YKA0Apr.jpg

BMnYuWV.jpg

zhoRUwF.jpg

WI1D5tO.jpg

Rprw1Fx.jpg

MxcsJYf.jpg

iTAU0dU.jpg
    @warata @RealZac
    hi, I did succeed enabling dark theme in google maps. you need to set your screen DPI lower (like a phone DPI instead of a tablet DPI) before opening google maps, this way you'll trigger google maps "Theme" feature in its settings. After that, you can revert back to the default tablet DPI.

To change the screen DPI, go to developer options (enter password, I think "3368")
    Scroll down until you find "Smallest width", change it to 411 dp.
    Then open google maps, and you'll get the "Themes" feature

[[ Memorize the default DPI to revert back later ]]

if you want to enable "System-wide dark theme" on whole android 10. you need ADB & usb cable. I used this app "

Automatic Dark Theme for Android 10" from playstore

You are mixing headunits now, and I think on purpose too. Dasaita is on a completely different platform from Joying/FYT/Teyes/Navifly/etc. Dasaita is based on RockChip PX6 CPU, the headunits we are discussing in THIS thread are based off UIS7862 CPU. You're comparing oranges to apples here. There's also special UIS7862 units with Topway TS10 MCU which have a completely different OS structure, so those do not apply here either.

Processor does not define platform.

I believe you actually mean Dasaita are typically MTCx platform ( not processor type there are many other rockchip platforms.)

That is; Joying/Teyes/Navifly are *typically* FYT as Dasaita (HA) are MTCD/E/P.
    hi guys, the firmware for July 5th has been released.
    Not sure if this will be relevant with the Joying or not, but just found the USB Mode toggle on the UIS7862 IDoing. It's the "..." menu at the root of developer setting. Two items in Chinese, top one is host mode, bottom is device mode. Got USB Debugging working fine even with usb-c cable from my laptop.