New Joying Android 10 UIS7862 Octacore 1.8GHz (4GB RAM, 64GB flash)

Search This thread

shzlmnzl

Dec 12, 2020
Hi there

I own this unit

how can i boot to recovery for an data/cache whipe?

long pressing on RST or POW or the small hole on the main unit is without success.

I want to do an full whipe because, since the Firmware Update the Fast Boot/deep sleep will not work.
The unit is correctly wired but the fast boot will not work. The unit turns off into stand by and after around 20 seconds it powered off completely.
In the menu i cannot change it to an other time. It stuck on OFF.

IMG_20210213_163122.jpg

Also i notice it will not Bluetooth connect to my ZTE Axon 10 pro (no root or so) for hands free calling.
I can see the Joying Bluetooth in the ZTE and the other way too.
I've put on both sides the Bluetooth protocol to 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 but without success.
I had read Somewhere there are Problems with uis7862 and Bluetooth, but hands free calling is an Essential function...

it works with other smartphones, so the reason is on my ZTE...

Last edited:

jester450

Mar 8, 2010
Parker, Colorado
Trying to get an idea of how to get the MIC button to perform some sort of action. I've got the button assigned to a 3rd party SWC unit (one that hooks into the Key 1 and 2, Power and Ground wires of the HU)

All other buttons work as they should. But when the MIC is pressed on the SWC, nothing happens. Is there some sort of method to assign it to say an application, like Google Assistant?

HU is JY-UQD10N4G-R - UIS7862

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

erikg5678

Jan 23, 2021
Trying to get an idea of how to get the MIC button to perform some sort of action. I've got the button assigned to a 3rd party SWC unit (one that hooks into the Key 1 and 2, Power and Ground wires of the HU)

All other buttons work as they should. But when the MIC is pressed on the SWC, nothing happens. Is there some sort of method to assign it to say an application, like Google Assistant?

HU is JY-UQD10N4G-R - UIS7862

View attachment 5230793
Do you get a resistance value for the mic button? What kinda vehicle? Have you tried programming the mic button first?

Reactions: barnesk9

jester450

Mar 8, 2010
Parker, Colorado
Do you get a resistance value for the mic button? What kinda vehicle? Have you tried programming the mic button first?
Yeah. Definitely get a resistance value.
It's on an 05 Expedition - although not sure if the vehicle type would have anything to do with it.
As for the Mic button, that's just it, can't figure out a way to configure/program the mic button on the HU.

warata

Apr 25, 2016
Tsu
My 7682 has a hardware problem and the touchscreen becomes unresponsive on a regular basis and I need to reset the touchscreen to fix it. Joying provided a small patch to reset the touchscreen for this issue last year, but this patch doesn't work with the new firmware. Joying didn't provide a patch for the new firmware and I'm currently using the head unit with a mouse.
My guess is that the config file needs to be modified, can you give me some advice?
DSC_0027.JPG

Attachments

• 瑞风至旋钮+1280-720+8寸JE.rar
    737.3 KB · Views: 13

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
My 7682 has a hardware problem and the touchscreen becomes unresponsive on a regular basis and I need to reset the touchscreen to fix it. Joying provided a small patch to reset the touchscreen for this issue last year, but this patch doesn't work with the new firmware. Joying didn't provide a patch for the new firmware and I'm currently using the head unit with a mouse.
My guess is that the config file needs to be modified, can you give me some advice?

You say that Joying didn't provide a patch for the new firmware. So you already asked them for it?
The strange thing is that this config file seems to be for a PX3 out of 2016. So I guess it is some general purpose toch screen resetter for any device.

Reactions: warata

warata

Apr 25, 2016
Tsu
You say that Joying didn't provide a patch for the new firmware. So you already asked them for it?
The strange thing is that this config file seems to be for a PX3 out of 2016. So I guess it is some general purpose toch screen resetter for any device.
Yes, I have already asked JOYING about the recurrence of screen problems and the patch has stopped working. JOYING tells me to take a video every time. However, even though I was having the same trouble as last year, I refused because there was no reason to take a new video again, and the Joying factory store stopped replying. And my 7682 became a ridiculous mouse-operated car stereo.

>some general purpose toch screen resetter for any device.
That's strange.

Last edited:

ludditefornow

Nov 29, 2017
I have a question for the Joying UIS units. When you are playing the radio and you have google maps on navigation, do you hear the navigation voice or does the radio sound just decrease and no voice is heard?

I have found on my Navifly unit that if I am playing audio other than radio, when Google maps navigation speaks, the music decreases and the nav voice can be heard. But when the radio is playing, the radio sound decreases but no nav voice is heard when a direction is given.

I have changed settings in Google maps regarding quieter, normal or louder nav voice and have tested other Google Assistant settings with no joy.

I understand the radio app is probably baked in to the ROM and it may be hard to change so I am trying to understand if the same basic radio is used with just a different skin by all sellers or if there are different radios.

Any ideas on what settings might be affecting my Nav voice?

jcn001

Mar 5, 2021
I have a question for the Joying UIS units. When you are playing the radio and you have google maps on navigation, do you hear the navigation voice or does the radio sound just decrease and no voice is heard?

I have found on my Navifly unit that if I am playing audio other than radio, when Google maps navigation speaks, the music decreases and the nav voice can be heard. But when the radio is playing, the radio sound decreases but no nav voice is heard when a direction is given.

I have changed settings in Google maps regarding quieter, normal or louder nav voice and have tested other Google Assistant settings with no joy.

I understand the radio app is probably baked in to the ROM and it may be hard to change so I am trying to understand if the same basic radio is used with just a different skin by all sellers or if there are different radios.

Any ideas on what settings might be affecting my Nav voice?
Yes I have the same / similar problem.
The audio from the GPS application plays but it is very quiet, can hear it play when the engine is off.
Hard to hear over road noise and the GPS mix / volume setting don't seem to do anything to help.

techy101

Mar 5, 2008
Hello again after a long time away. I was wondering if anyone has been able to get their hands on the original factory firmware for a 1280x800 unit. Their latest published firmware has a bug that causes the Google account login screen to crash after a couple of seconds. I've been talking with Joying for a few days and, as of now, they haven't been able to fix the issue and haven't seemed interested in sending me the original firmware so I can revert.

Here is the behavior:

Reactions: V8 Cowboy

warata

Apr 25, 2016
Tsu
I previously said that it wouldn't work for this "Delay Power Off When ACC Off", but this feature is alive. The UI always turns off, but I've confirmed that the settings are actually saved. However, you can only select up to 5 minutes.
Screenshot_20210310-092442.png

FredrikJ

Jan 8, 2021
Has anyone successfully added a USB volume knob? Or know about a knob that uses the KEY wires for steering wheel control? Yes, I am talking about a classic knob you turn to adjust volume, not buttons.

nvisto

Jun 27, 2008
Hi everyone. I know that its joying thread, but I have overall question.
Im looking for FYT working FM radio app that has good RDS support (default FM radio app on Isudar v72 is very poor).
Navradio+ would be ideal (i love feature with stations logos) , but its not compatible with FYT devices.
Are there any alternative apps that you can share?
Thanks

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
Hi everyone. I know that its joying thread, but I have overall question.
Im looking for FYT working FM radio app that has good RDS support (default FM radio app on Isudar v72 is very poor).
Navradio+ would be ideal (i love feature with stations logos) , but its not compatible with FYT devices.
Are there any alternative apps that you can share?
Thanks

All newer FYT based radio apps do have RDS if the chip supports it! Note that there are several radio chips. The cheaper ones don't support RDS. That has nothing to do with the the radio app. When looking for your device it mentions it has a NXP6686 which should support RDS.
Some resellers sell FYT models with cheaper radio and amplifyer chips.
You could take a look at the UDT Team for a radio app of your liking and see if it works on your Isudar.

Another option is buying a DAB+ module and use it with @realzoulou DAB radio app with the support thread here. I prefer that one highly over any other radio app with builtin radio chip.

Last edited:
Reactions: realzoulou

nvisto

Jun 27, 2008
All newer FYT based radio apps do have RDS if the chip supports it! Note that there are several radio chips. The cheaper ones don't support RDS. That has nothing to do with the the radio app. When looking for your device it mentions it has a NXP6686 which should support RDS.
Some resellers sell FYT models with cheaper radio and amplifyer chips.
You could take a look at the UDT Team for a radio app of your liking and see if it works on your Isudar.

Another option is buying a DAB+ module and use it with @realzoulou DAB radio app with the support thread here. I prefer that one highly over any other radio app with builtin radio chip.
I know that my unit has RDS - but default radio application is not functional (rds Information is in small text, not as a header - as a header there is shown only radio frequency) , and it doesnt support displaying station logo based on RDS like navradio application or radio units in cars from last years. Thats why I'm looking for some more functional FM radio application like Navradio. As for DAB, there are not much DAB stations in my country and they are also available mostly in bigger cities :(

I will check UDT, thanks for link!
Unfotunately they do not support isudar ;(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just to let others know. I now got the update from my seller. It seems to be the same zip file that as been pointed out before. The only thing I did not know was how is the update process. So format usb drive as fat32 unzip the file and copy the files to usb. I also unzipped the other zip that was inside the first zip. I don't know if this is needed or not. But that way the process started as soon as I plugged the USB in. And now I can login to play store.
    contact Joying for a "fix". Supposedly they will send you a file to flash that will fix the ghost touches.
    I have this newer Joying unit rooted- anyway to get rid of Joying's aggravating restriction on Bluetooth OBD devices? Joying blocks OBD devices from appearing in the list of bluetooth devices currently, and they stated the same when I contacted their support.

I'd like to be able to use the Torque app in combination with my bluetooth OBD device to monitor the car's metrics/data.
    Those widgets are not really widgets you can modify. Everything is hardcoded that way already. You can do some modding by editing the xml layout files and move stuff around or change it's size, probably even remove it and replace it with something else, but that requires writing your own code for any replacement widgets you want to add. For someone that cannot make these modifications, there is nothing you can do, just find a new launcher you like.
    EDIT: XDA didn't like me attaching the photos, just got broken links so I'm sorry that they're embedded like this.

Joying just sent me a review unit of their new 10.1" Android 10 head unit so I figured it should have its own thread. It looks like they're pumping out updated versions of all their previous devices by the day so I imagine they'll have versions of this in all the different screen sizes soon. First impression is good. The interface is appreciably more responsive than the Intel unit I currently have in the car. I'm working on some videos but figured I'd throw some pictures in here. Here is an unboxing and interface tour video: https://youtu.be/h__Zc0fwOtw

The PCB looks is clearly iterative but looks to have some significant redesigns, especially with the power supply which is much larger than on the previous Intel design, through that might be required for extra derived voltages for the new UIS7862 SoC.

The previous Intel PCB used an STM32 MCU in between the main SoC and the bluetooth module which probably contributed to the difficulty interfacing Bluetooth devices that weren't specifically allowed by Joying. The area where this chip was now looks to be filled with power components though the same Bluetooth module is still used. I'm hopeful that this means there's direct communication from the SoC to the BT module, but that'll take more digging to determine. There is also a new general purpose ARM Cortex-M4 MCU added between the SoC carrier board and the DSP chip (GigaDevice GD32F330R8T6). I'm curious if that's taken the place of the old STM32 chip or if it's used for something else. Hopefully I'll be able to determine what it's used for, but I'm not touching anything until I get it installed and reviewed.

The green PCB is the Intel board and the yellowish one is the new Android 10 board. Of note is the fact that the new PCB has Joying's name silk screened onto it where the old Intel one didn't. So, at bare minimum, this board is spun just for Joying, even if the only differences are the silk screen layers.

Any requests for specific details?

yHVsNkX.jpg

BF1savB.jpg

b7WJzrV.jpg

3exgCwW.jpg

1W9xbit.jpg

RQ38Whj.jpg

b70J2vp.jpg

IzADAW0.jpg

nZUo3Z5.jpg

YKA0Apr.jpg

BMnYuWV.jpg

zhoRUwF.jpg

WI1D5tO.jpg

Rprw1Fx.jpg

MxcsJYf.jpg

iTAU0dU.jpg
    I've decided to release CC3 to the public. Have fun. Manufacturer ID is set to 43. I am not responsible if you brick your unit or it explodes. I will provide 0 support. Do not PM me. Do not flash unless you know what you're doing or have a recovery update package to revert back to stock.
    https://mega.nz/file/aYhyFCjJ#BbF7piHxK1zkOxcNfYHecUEofafEPiDfoq4Ux5SsGZY
    I have the same issue writing to usb drives. Other file explorers either crash or just refuse to write at all. FX File Explorer crashes when trying to enable write permission for the usb. Root File explorer says it doesn't have permission to write. I think FYT might fix this in a future update.

This started already on the Sofia when moving to Android 6, continued on the PX5, was unsolved transferred to the 9853i and now also on the UIS apparently.
    FYT really sucks at bug solving and Joying doesn't seem to be able to persuade them to work a little harder on this (or any of the other bugs).

Edit: I guess they somewhere went wrong when converting the old "vold" config (< 4.3) to standard linux "fstab" (Android 5 intermediate) to Android >= 6.0. Someone should modify the boot.img.
    But it actually doesn't suprise me. They are still using code from android 1.6 and their screen layout is even too old to be recognized by Android Studio.
    We are on 8.1 (sc9853i) and 10 (uis7862) now but they simply patch and extend their code with another "if .. then" for new hardware or android version. I assume that is the cheapest.
    Whats the plus of going with Joying over Teyes?
    The main difference between Joying and Teyes is 2 things: Teyes releases updates more often than Joying. Teyes software looks more appealing than Joying.
    If you look back at the SC9853i platform, Joying units last received an update on April 7 of this year. Teyes on the other hand, their last update was just a few days ago, December 4. It seems like Teyes continues support for their products even after new ones are released to replace them, while Joying abandons software support once new products are on the horizon. Joying software looks dated and bland, and overall their user interface looks clunky and out of place. In my opinion, it looks like someone forced an outdated AOSP-ish tablet UI into a head unit. If you look at Teyes units, they're all about the bling and eye candy and making the user interface look modern and like it actually belongs in the car. There is a caveat though, CC3 in its current state is rather buggy. On my CC3 converted unit, I can't seem to use Google play store. I've also read people are having issues signing into yandex products as well. It's not a huge deal breaker for me since it'll get resolved with future updates.
    This started already on the Sofia when moving to Android 6, continued on the PX5, was unsolved transferred to the 9853i and now also on the UIS apparently.
    FYT really sucks at bug solving and Joying doesn't seem to be able to persuade them to work a little harder on this (or any of the other bugs).

Edit: I guess they somewhere went wrong when converting the old "vold" config (< 4.3) to standard linux "fstab" (Android 5 intermediate) to Android >= 6.0. Someone should modify the boot.img.
    But it actually doesn't suprise me. They are still using code from android 1.6 and their screen layout is even too old to be recognized by Android Studio.
    We are on 8.1 (sc9853i) and 10 (uis7862) now but they simply patch and extend their code with another "if .. then" for new hardware or android version. I assume that is the cheapest.
    You are absolutely correct , they just patch their software with "if .. then" conditionals for new hardware releases. There's references to many old hardware in their software. What surprised me though is that USB worked properly for me at least on SC9853i, so there is some form of regression with these new UIS7862 units. Another annoying issue is that whenever I plug in my USB to the headunit, Windows always complains about it finding errors when I plug it to my PC. Doing a disk check on the USB results in no errors found 99% of the time, but the 1% of the time it does, several files either go missing or are corrupt.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone